Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So who is your team? - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So who is your team?

Go down 
+10
Trollificus
TheMagnus
Richardale
therawns
dongibby
ptaz66
Saint Louis
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Romoholic
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

So who is your team? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Wow. What a game! Seattle gets beat up early, makes a ridiculous comeback, only to lose it on a last second FG. But not before a crazy short kickoff that gave the Hawks a last second shot at it. Crazy game. Two teams that are not the typical football powers.

I was rooting for Seattle, but I am happy for Tony Gonzalez. It's crazy to think he has no playoff wins before today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Wow. What a game! Seattle gets beat up early, makes a ridiculous comeback, only to lose it on a last second FG. But not before a crazy short kickoff that gave the Hawks a last second shot at it. Crazy game. Two teams that are not the typical football powers.

I was rooting for Seattle, but I am happy for Tony Gonzalez. It's crazy to think he has no playoff wins before today.

heartbreaker! That russell wilson is a big time baller, hopefully they can keep the team together for a few years and make some serious noise.
Back to top Go down
Tacoma Ute
Rookie

PostSubject: My team is the Redskins   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 pm

I've been a fan since I was about 6 years old (over 40 years ago). I don't switch teams based on how they're doing either. I've stuck with my team through Super Bowls and 3-13 seasons. Always will. It's more fun that way.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Tacoma Ute wrote:
I've been a fan since I was about 6 years old (over 40 years ago). I don't switch teams based on how they're doing either. I've stuck with my team through Super Bowls and 3-13 seasons. Always will. It's more fun that way.

Well I was going to welcome you to the board, but the Redskin fan part makes it where I can't J/K

Welcome and I wish your NFL team nothing, but the worst! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Tacoma Ute
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Likewise! lol!

On a serious note, great board. Much better than that other board.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Tacoma Ute wrote:
Likewise! lol!

Thanks, It's coming along. We have some big plans for the off season.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Tacoma Ute
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Tacoma Ute wrote:
Likewise! lol!

Sounds great. Nice avatar by the way!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Tacoma Ute wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Tacoma Ute wrote:
Likewise! lol!

Sounds great. Nice avatar by the way!

There is a forum rule that states Romo is not allowed to change that avatar.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Rams for the dog   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:43 am

Ever since Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Lawrence McCutheon and the fearsome foursome.

Which is why I hate Dallas, Minnesota and Pittsburg.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:57 am

So what are all you folks still in Utah, and/or BYU fans thinking of Ziggy Ansah? Out here I of course never did see much of him in college, but my Lions grabbed him at 5. From the little I knew, I still wanted him to be the pick, so that he can be a part of the Suh/Fairley nasty front force. I think they can be absolutely dominant, with teams never able to block them all, so one is always getting through.

But, what do you all think? Great pick? Too early since not much college ball played? Is he going to bust?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
So what are all you folks still in Utah, and/or BYU fans thinking of Ziggy Ansah? Out here I of course never did see much of him in college, but my Lions grabbed him at 5. From the little I knew, I still wanted him to be the pick, so that he can be a part of the Suh/Fairley nasty front force. I think they can be absolutely dominant, with teams never able to block them all, so one is always getting through.

But, what do you all think? Great pick? Too early since not much college ball played? Is he going to bust?

As a fellow Lions fan, I'm excited AND worried.

I'm also a Y football fan and while he was an obvious man among boys with his strength, speed and motor...... like you said, he has little experience. He won't be able to simply "out-physical" the NFL players he faces on a day to day basis.

IMO, if his football IQ turns out to be high and he can figure things out in a hurry then he can be scary good. If he struggles to truly learn the game, then he could be yet another player who never lives up to his physical potential.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

As a fellow Lions fan, I'm excited AND worried.

I'm also a Y football fan and while he was an obvious man among boys with his strength, speed and motor...... like you said, he has little experience. He won't be able to simply "out-physical" the NFL players he faces on a day to day basis.

IMO, if his football IQ turns out to be high and he can figure things out in a hurry then he can be scary good. If he struggles to truly learn the game, then he could be yet another player who never lives up to his physical potential.

I think Football, more than any other pro sport, relies heavily on players getting in the right situation, especially young players that need development. I think this is largely because the window for peak performance is so small and because the sport relies more on coaching and scheming than any other pro sport.

I think the Lions will be a good place for him right now. Unfortunately the Lions are one of the more unstable franchises in the NFL, another bad season and they could clean house again, and the next coaching shift may not work out for Ziggy, or it may be the best thing to ever happen to him, so it's really all a crap shoot isn't it?

As far as Ziggys ability, I'd say he has it. BYU's D was lights out all season and he was a big part of that. Sometimes I felt like he got a little bit mechanical with what he was doing, but that was probably largely due to his inexperience, some more experience and good coaching and he definitely has the ability to be a disruptive force. I could also seem him playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, even though BYU played a 3-4 and didn't use him that way much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So who is your team?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3