Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  The case for giving this team another chance - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The case for giving this team another chance

Go down 
+8
outerspacefan
therawns
rorybreaker
Mutangclan
Jazz Dog
ptaz66
MTJazz
TheMagnus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

The case for giving this team another chance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The case for giving this team another chance   The case for giving this team another chance - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
... If the coach doesn't put the players in the right comibinations to succeed, then they will not succeed.

... I was and am still fine with the Marvin Williams trade...... this team would have been the 6th seed. The talent is 100% there. The coaching is not....

...CORBIN, failed...

I know coach didn't have a really viable PG for quite some time, but the record with Tinsley starting isn't THAT bad anyways... so I agree that starting Marvin over Demarre somewhat was the starting point of the very bad lineup management by coach.

In my eyes the other important thing was killing confidence building momentum on both Kanter and Favors.. both in games and between games . Favors should have been starting in place of Millsap if not for other argument than separate the Jafferson/Millsap pairing as much as possible.... these 2 are one of the most horrible defensive 4/5 I've ever watched...

SO... I guess I agree with Mut again cheers

Of course I know nothing so this is just my honest fan clown opinion

Interestingly enough this year the Jefferson/Favors combo was actually the exact same defensively as the Jefferson/Millsap combo, but the Jefferson/Millsap combo was better offensively and therefore better overall.

The Favors/Millsap combo was better both offensively and defensively than any combination involving Jefferson, and the Favors/Kanter combo was amazing defensively, but terrible offensively.

The best big combination of them all was Millsap/Kanter which, surprise surprise, was barely used at all. That combo was among the best the Jazz had both offensively and defensively.

Below is a table laying it all out....

ComboMinOffRtg DeffRtg NetRtg
Jefferson-Millsap1816 105.5 108.3 -2.8
Favors-Kanter 706 99.4 98.3 1.0
Jefferson-Favors 694 103.2 108.3 -5.1
Millsap-Favors 430 107.2 103.3 3.9
Millsap-Kanter 169 107.4 93.6 13.7
Jefferson-Kanter 51 102.3 112.3 -10.0

Moral of the story, everybody is better when they play with Paul Millsap.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

The case for giving this team another chance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The case for giving this team another chance   The case for giving this team another chance - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:03 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Interestingly enough this year the Jefferson/Favors combo was actually the exact same defensively as the Jefferson/Millsap combo, but the Jefferson/Millsap combo was better offensively and therefore better overall.

The Favors/Millsap combo was better both offensively and defensively than any combination involving Jefferson, and the Favors/Kanter combo was amazing defensively, but terrible offensively.

The best big combination of them all was Millsap/Kanter which, surprise surprise, was barely used at all. That combo was among the best the Jazz had both offensively and defensively.

Moral of the story, everybody is better when they play with Paul Millsap.

Dude Magnus, is that NOT what I bitched about???!!!! Forever ago??!!! Why is Favors coming in for Millsap all the time, instead of for Al???
And did I NOT bitch about how I reeeeeeeeeeaally want to see more of Millsap/Kanter?????!!

And those are the most successful pairings??!!! F!!!!

I am 100% sure I am not a genius. I am also 100% sure that Tyrone has the same tools/statistics/info that we do. Yet her keeps trotting out the same NEGATIVE lineups!!! I can't stop disbelieving how terrible he has been, and how detrimental.

As for FAvors/Kanter being amazing defensively but terrible offensively, does that not make you all drool??!!! I mean, they can and will get better offensively, but already super on defense??? AWESOME.

Everybody better with Millsap, but he's the first one out, and he's the one that has been put on the bench the most. F man.......Fire Corbin.
Back to top Go down

The case for giving this team another chance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2