Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  West Predictions - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

West Predictions

Go down 
+13
TheMagnus
Romoholic
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
dongibby
zero24gravity
Crunchtime1
ptaz66
rorybreaker
Sampaguy
MTJazz
therawns
Mutangclan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

West Predictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:07 am

therawns wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:

I think NO is the most underrated team in the predictions. Gordon was hurt most of the year. However, they were 6-3 with him. I know he is always hurt, but getting him for 60 games would be huge. If they can get him for 60, they have a good shot at pushing for the playoffs. I look at Gordon as a huge pickup.

New Orleans??? Really?? Last year they had Okafor, Kaman, Ariza and Jack. This year it's Davis, Rivers, Gordon and a bunch of guys I can't remember. Davis/Rivers/Gordon are going to push for the playoffs?? In the West????

I think we forget how good Gordon is. Maybe, I overrate him though, because I played against him his freshman year of HS in sectionals, and I am a big Indiana University fan.

Losing Okafor and Kaman aint a big deal when you consider they have Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis at PF/C. Now, if Gordon plays PG, they are very weak on the wings. I will give you that. I think Davis is the 2nd best prospect coming out of college since LeBron. (Best is Durant, but I did not see him as a superstar. Thought he would be an all-star, but not a superstar.)

Now, if you convert their season last year to a full season they win 26 games. Are you telling me getting Gordon back for hopefully 60 games, and Davis is only worth 5 games? Because that is all they improve by according to ESPN. Remember, they went 6-3 last year with Gordon.

Hahaha, I'd probably over-rate the future NBA star too if he kicked my ass in Highschool.....

I think Gordon is really good. REALLY good. And if he wasn't injured so often, he'd probably be a lottery pick in fantasy drafts. But he's still only one player. We've seen you need at a minimum of two studs to compete for the playoffs. And in the West, it's probably going to need 3. Maybe New Orleans would compete for a spot in the East, but I dont think even close to in the West. Who is going to be there second leading scorer? Anderson I guess. But he flourished having Dwight down low to give him open shots. Now what? Anthony Davis is going to be really good, but offensively, as a rookie, and with no real offense, he's not really a worry for the opposing team. Rivers showed he's not even close to ready to play PG while in Summer League.

Lastly, Kaman/Okafor v Davis/Anderson??? Two proven low post players, one a stud scorer and rebounder, the other a proven rebounder and shotblocker, verses a rookie shot blocker and a 3pt shooter?? I'd take the former every time.
I just think with a lineup of River/Gordon/Davis/ ummmmm, Jason Smith(?) and uhhhhh, honestly, I have no idea who their SF will be. They just cant compete with the Memphis/Utah/Nugs/Minnesota, or lord forbid even the Mavericks. NO isn't even close IMO.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:41 am

Eric Gordon is without a doubt an all-star type player he just has been injure prone up to this point in his basketball career, when he is on the court the guy can do it all at both ends of the floor at a very high level. IMO he is one of the top shot maker's in the NBA from his midrange game out to the 3 point line who can get to the basket about anytime he wants to, Gordon has the PG skills to run the team if he had to he is a very good back court player at either the SG or PG positions I would love to have him on my team no doubt about it.

But like what has already been said the guy would need a little more help than what he has right now for the Hornets to make the playoffs this coming season, I am hoping that Gordon can start showing that he is over his injure day's and becomes the player that everyone thinks he can be he just has to stay on the floor.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:

I think NO is the most underrated team in the predictions. Gordon was hurt most of the year. However, they were 6-3 with him. I know he is always hurt, but getting him for 60 games would be huge. If they can get him for 60, they have a good shot at pushing for the playoffs. I look at Gordon as a huge pickup.

New Orleans??? Really?? Last year they had Okafor, Kaman, Ariza and Jack. This year it's Davis, Rivers, Gordon and a bunch of guys I can't remember. Davis/Rivers/Gordon are going to push for the playoffs?? In the West????

I think we forget how good Gordon is. Maybe, I overrate him though, because I played against him his freshman year of HS in sectionals, and I am a big Indiana University fan.

Losing Okafor and Kaman aint a big deal when you consider they have Ryan Anderson and Anthony Davis at PF/C. Now, if Gordon plays PG, they are very weak on the wings. I will give you that. I think Davis is the 2nd best prospect coming out of college since LeBron. (Best is Durant, but I did not see him as a superstar. Thought he would be an all-star, but not a superstar.)

Now, if you convert their season last year to a full season they win 26 games. Are you telling me getting Gordon back for hopefully 60 games, and Davis is only worth 5 games? Because that is all they improve by according to ESPN. Remember, they went 6-3 last year with Gordon.

Hahaha, I'd probably over-rate the future NBA star too if he kicked my ass in Highschool.....

I think Gordon is really good. REALLY good. And if he wasn't injured so often, he'd probably be a lottery pick in fantasy drafts. But he's still only one player. We've seen you need at a minimum of two studs to compete for the playoffs. And in the West, it's probably going to need 3. Maybe New Orleans would compete for a spot in the East, but I dont think even close to in the West. Who is going to be there second leading scorer? Anderson I guess. But he flourished having Dwight down low to give him open shots. Now what? Anthony Davis is going to be really good, but offensively, as a rookie, and with no real offense, he's not really a worry for the opposing team. Rivers showed he's not even close to ready to play PG while in Summer League.

Lastly, Kaman/Okafor v Davis/Anderson??? Two proven low post players, one a stud scorer and rebounder, the other a proven rebounder and shotblocker, verses a rookie shot blocker and a 3pt shooter?? I'd take the former every time.
I just think with a lineup of River/Gordon/Davis/ ummmmm, Jason Smith(?) and uhhhhh, honestly, I have no idea who their SF will be. They just cant compete with the Memphis/Utah/Nugs/Minnesota, or lord forbid even the Mavericks. NO isn't even close IMO.

Who is the stud scorer? Kaman? 13 points and 44% shooting for a center? Okafor was a 10/8 guy last year. If that is a stud rebounder, a bunch of guys belong in the stud category. I really like Monty Williams. I am just goiing on the fact that getting Gordon has to be a 6-7 game improvement, and Davis and Anderson is an improvement. Let's throw in the fact that Okafor was hurt most of the season last year, and only played 27 games.

Push for the playoffs? Probably not. If they were in the East id say they make a good run at it. However, this team if Gordon can play 60+ games is close to .500 or rigght at .500. (BTW Gordon was not the only stud in our sectional. We had McRoberts from the Lakers, and Hill from the Pacers. Played against Hill, avoided McRoberts.)
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am

therawns wrote:

Who is the stud scorer? Kaman? 13 points and 44% shooting for a center? Okafor was a 10/8 guy last year. If that is a stud rebounder, a bunch of guys belong in the stud category. I really like Monty Williams. I am just goiing on the fact that getting Gordon has to be a 6-7 game improvement, and Davis and Anderson is an improvement. Let's throw in the fact that Okafor was hurt most of the season last year, and only played 27 games.

Push for the playoffs? Probably not. If they were in the East id say they make a good run at it. However, this team if Gordon can play 60+ games is close to .500 or rigght at .500. (BTW Gordon was not the only stud in our sectional. We had McRoberts from the Lakers, and Hill from the Pacers. Played against Hill, avoided McRoberts.)

Rawns, you know last year was an off year for them both with either injury or trades. So yea Kaman. As you know, he can score in the post, has a great jumper, a good solid scorer at the center spot. 44% was low, and last year was all transition for him you know that. Career he's 48%. Okafor only played 27 games, and the previous 9 seasons or whatever he's had he averaged a double double while averaging 2 blks. So my point is then, at this point in their careers, I think the Hornets would win alot more games with Okafor and Kaman vs Anderson and Davis. At this point....
But yes then, push for the playoffs, probably not.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 am

GSW will be making a run even if there star PG Curry misses part of the year. Thats how deep i think they are. Like people thought Big Al would not make it because of his past with injuryes with the wolves? GSW threw off and played a lot of young guns which will help this year in making a push. I'm not so sure the jazz will even break the top eight this year? If so its gonna be close. west has got a lot of good teams that can make it. Only a couple teams that did'nt get better in the west Suns and Rockets both took steps back mostly the Rockets. As for the N.O i'm guessing they'll get 35 wins and become a team thats does have lots of talent.Davis will be a stud and Anderson will have a great year because of it!
I am so freaking stoked for the year to get started its freaking driving me NUTS! lol
Jazz have so much young talent its crazy. Would love to see the jazz move in and offer up Millslap and a couple first round picks and get the Rook pg from portland. I think that kid is gonna be one of the best point guards in a couple years. Blazer will be another better team this year.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 am

ok if I had to guess:
1. OKC ( just top team without questions and now coming of finals experience)
2. Lakers ( hate them or love them they will be there )
3. Spurs ( best coach in NBA, will get it done even with aging big three, Leonard is their future face of franchise )
4. Clippers ( if Odom plays like Odom and not like Odumb)
5. Nuggets ( crazy fast and athletic team, will be fun to watch for sure)
6. Dallas ( Nowitzki was tired of playing in Eurobasket and lockout schedule was brutal for him, expect him to be his old dominant self and he still has good supporting cast )
7. Minesotta ( as long as they injury free)
8. Jazz - ( a bit of a homer guess here and I do not think we improved that much compared to last season)
Memphis and GSW will be in close race for that last spot all season as well.

Blazers, Houston, Suns, Kings, NO will fight for lottery picks.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
I would rate west teams as this:
Top 2: easily OKC and L.A Lakers
Middle of the pack: Spurs, L.A Clippers, Nuggets.
Playoff contenders: Dallas, Wolves, Jazz, GSW, Memphis.
Lottery bound: Houston, Kings, N.Orleans, Blazers, Suns.

Blazers will be in the hunt for the playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Richardale wrote:

What they have to compete for playoffs with other Western teams? Aldridge, Matthews and Batum? Rest of the roster is full of rookies or other unproven players like J.J.Hickson and Babbitt. They will be in the hunt for high lotery pick with Rockets and Suns. Heck, I like Rockets more then Blazers this year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Interesting to read the predictions for the season. For the same reason the Mavs get the playoff pick, because you know, they're the Mavs, Utah seems to be NOT getting the pick. Mavs added a guy in Collison who didn't even finish starting on the Pacers last year, they have no backup PG, no backup Center after Kaman who consistently is injured, and an old Brand and Marion who dont really do much anymore. Utah meanwhile, replaced CJ Miles, Josh Howard and Raja with Marvin and Foye. And then a better PG in Mo. It's amazing to read Utah get underrated once again....

On interesting tidbit, is that Utah plays 2 of their last 3 games of the season against Minnesota. Thats probably going to be some serious playoff seeding stuff there...
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Interesting to read the predictions for the season. For the same reason the Mavs get the playoff pick, because you know, they're the Mavs, Utah seems to be NOT getting the pick. Mavs added a guy in Collison who didn't even finish starting on the Pacers last year, they have no backup PG, no backup Center after Kaman who consistently is injured, and an old Brand and Marion who dont really do much anymore. Utah meanwhile, replaced CJ Miles, Josh Howard and Raja with Marvin and Foye. And then a better PG in Mo. It's amazing to read Utah get underrated once again....

On interesting tidbit, is that Utah plays 2 of their last 3 games of the season against Minnesota. Thats probably going to be some serious playoff seeding stuff there...

Brand will be the backup C. Yes, he is undersized, but how many true centers are there? Their bench will be really good though. Beaubois is the backup PG, along with Mayo (although he gets 30+ minutes), and brand. My biggest concern for them is Nowitzki. Father time is undefeated. Nowitzki started to show his age last year.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

What they have to compete for playoffs with other Western teams? Aldridge, Matthews and Batum? Rest of the roster is full of rookies or other unproven players like J.J.Hickson and Babbitt. They will be in the hunt for high lotery pick with Rockets and Suns. Heck, I like Rockets more then Blazers this year.

The blazers were in it up to the last couple weeks last year and got one great pick that will fit in with there team so yes i think they'll be running at the playoffs again.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

The blazers were in it up to the last couple weeks last year and got one great pick that will fit in with there team so yes i think they'll be running at the playoffs again.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they weren't in it up till the last few weeks, I dont think they were even close. Either way, they added a talented rookie, but everybody else above them got actually better, not "rookie" better.
I think Dallas and Portland fight for 9th.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Well they had solid veterans like G.Wallace, Felton, Crawford and Camby. Now they replaced them with rookies. No way they will be in playoff hunt, just not happening.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Well they had solid veterans like G.Wallace, Felton, Crawford and Camby. Now they replaced them with rookies. No way they will be in playoff hunt, just not happening.

Not saying they'll be top eight but saying not to write em off because they dumped a bunch of old guys off the team. Still have allstar PF with some solid young players.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Please post your west predictions here, so we don't have multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Gotta agree with Calg on this one, just don't see how the Blazers are a better team this year. I think their future is brighter than it was before, and they got a whole lot younger, but I don't see much reason to believe they make the playoffs. I have them taking dead last in the ultra-competitive Northwest division.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Gotta agree with Calg on this one, just don't see how the Blazers are a better team this year. I think their future is brighter than it was before, and they got a whole lot younger, but I don't see much reason to believe they make the playoffs. I have them taking dead last in the ultra-competitive Northwest division.

They are a Young up and coming team in the West for sure but still has a way's to go before becoming a real playoff contender I think anyway but could turnout to be a very good team a few season's from now. I think Hickson is a good player for them Aldridge needs some help in the paint along with rebounding and that's some of the things that he brings to the court and it should really Portland out.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm

It is brutally tough to predict the west this year, but here's my best guess...

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Grizzlies
5. Clippers
6. Jazz
7. Nuggets
8. Timberwolves

I think this is really going to be a 9 team race, I flipped a coin and had Dallas coming in 9th.

I think there is really two groups of teams here, the top 3, lets call them "contenders", and the next 6, lets call them "good-but-not-good-enough".

I think among that second group I would believe just about any finishing order, any of them could have home court for the playoffs, and any of them could miss the playoffs all together.

I think the Lakers will actually be in better shape than the Spurs once the playoffs roll around, but the Spurs will once again have a better regular season due to their depth and superior coaching.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 pm

1 Lakers
2 Thunder
3 Clippers
4 Spurs
5 Timberwolves
6 Grizzlies
7 Mavs
8 Jazz

My upset is the GSW pushing out the Mavs or Jazz.

West just has so many good teams it really makes it hard to place em. Jazz could be as high as three or not even make it in. Gonna be a crazy year in b ball.

Last edited by Richardale on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 am

You guys are way to pessimistic. I'll take any wager offered that the Jazz are in the hunt for the 4 spot within 10 remaining games. Who wants to take me up?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:05 am

MTJazz wrote:
You guys are way to pessimistic. I'll take any wager offered that the Jazz are in the hunt for the 4 spot within 10 remaining games. Who wants to take me up?

Why would we take that bet? To cheer for the jazz to slip? Now if you said you bet the jazz take forth or higher bet, because i bet there is five games between 4th and 8th so yea its a crazy bet to say they wont! You wanna bet they are 4th or higher then i mite take that bet?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Richardale wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Why would we take that bet? To cheer for the jazz to slip? Now if you said you bet the jazz take forth or higher bet, because i bet there is five games between 4th and 8th so yea its a crazy bet to say they wont! You wanna bet they are 4th or higher then i mite take that bet?

You're too foxy for me, Richard! I figured the same thing, being within 5 games of 4th is right about where I see them in the mix. Though I did pick Jazz 4th, but won't bet on it!
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 am

I think we would take 4th seed if we kept the team together the whole season but there will be a couple of changes come the trade deadline that will tweak the chemistry a bit so I'm thinking we get about the sixth or seventh seed. I hope I am wrong and we end up with the 4th seed after changes are made, but I don't see it happening
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Zoonie wrote:
I think we would take 4th seed if we kept the team together the whole season but there will be a couple of changes come the trade deadline that will tweak the chemistry a bit so I'm thinking we get about the sixth or seventh seed. I hope I am wrong and we end up with the 4th seed after changes are made, but I don't see it happening
By the way Zoonie, welcome aboard! As long as you keep agreeing with me this will be pleasant Very Happy Just kidding, I'm a pussycat unless you go all troll on us, plus I'm just a guy who posts here. Look out for Romo and Mags, their wrath is severe. Just kidding again. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 pm

MTJazz wrote:

By the way Zoonie, welcome aboard! As long as you keep agreeing with me this will be pleasant Very Happy Just kidding, I'm a pussycat unless you go all troll on us, plus I'm just a guy who posts here. Look out for Romo and Mags, their wrath is severe. Just kidding again. Welcome!
thanks for the welcoming. I'm pretty sure I won't be trolling around on here haha, just posting my opinions on things, not going to get all mad because someone has a different opinion as me and make a big deal out of it. I know all too well about romos and mags wrath haha, I was thejazzmanfan on tribtalk. I don't go searching for links and stuff so i'm glad people on here do, and I just hope I can make some good insightful opinions and make a good addition to all the great posts that are already on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   West Predictions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

West Predictions
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next