The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!
 
HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 West Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:16 am

Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

One season wilt played 48 minutes a game. That right he never fouled out all year and played every tick on the clock all year. avg. 50+ had 46 50+ games in one season! Jordan only had like 36 50+ points a games for his career! I think people make way to much with time played. These guy are in top shape and it really should'nt be a prob to play 30+ minutes a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

One season wilt played 48 minutes a game. That right he never fouled out all year and played every tick on the clock all year. avg. 50+ had 46 50+ games in one season! Jordan only had like 36 50+ points a games for his career! I think people make way to much with time played. These guy are in top shape and it really should'nt be a prob to play 30+ minutes a game.

Sure, pick probably the most dominant and durable player of all time and say "if he can do it, I don't see why everyone can't!" that makes perfect sense.

It's a different NBA and Lillard aint Wilt...I can't believe I even had to say that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

One season wilt played 48 minutes a game. That right he never fouled out all year and played every tick on the clock all year. avg. 50+ had 46 50+ games in one season! Jordan only had like 36 50+ points a games for his career! I think people make way to much with time played. These guy are in top shape and it really should'nt be a prob to play 30+ minutes a game.

Sure, pick probably the most dominant and durable player of all time and say "if he can do it, I don't see why everyone can't!" that makes perfect sense.

It's a different NBA and Lillard aint Wilt...I can't believe I even had to say that.

What if big Al goes down or Tim D goes down? That can happen to any team. I think i seen someone say they thought jazz would fold when Mo went down? Not sure why if someone get hurt was even talked about? Would've could've should've. Yes they are not a deep team and i still think they'll fall alittle short of playoffs. I said they would compete for maybe a 8th seed but fall short and people told me i was crazy like they would be lucky to win a game. It ok to be wrong and say they're better than you thought they would be. LOL And yes i put him in with the best player in history of the nba. Sry monkey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

One season wilt played 48 minutes a game. That right he never fouled out all year and played every tick on the clock all year. avg. 50+ had 46 50+ games in one season! Jordan only had like 36 50+ points a games for his career! I think people make way to much with time played. These guy are in top shape and it really should'nt be a prob to play 30+ minutes a game.

Sure, pick probably the most dominant and durable player of all time and say "if he can do it, I don't see why everyone can't!" that makes perfect sense.

It's a different NBA and Lillard aint Wilt...I can't believe I even had to say that.

What if big Al goes down or Tim D goes down? That can happen to any team. I think i seen someone say they thought jazz would fold when Mo went down? Not sure why if someone get hurt was even talked about? Would've could've should've. Yes they are not a deep team and i still think they'll fall alittle short of playoffs. I said they would compete for maybe a 8th seed but fall short and people told me i was crazy like they would be lucky to win a game. It ok to be wrong and say they're better than you thought they would be. LOL And yes i put him in with the best player in history of the nba. Sry monkey

I was just giving you all the reasons why I think they won't keep pace, and they are already coming to fruition. They already dropped to 9th, and I predict they are out of the playoff race all together by the end of February.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Blazers beat heat and are 20 15 and in playoff hunt 35 games into season.see if they choke second half?

I give that a big yes.

All 5 starters played more than 35 minutes last night, and nobody else played more than 11. Lillard is a Rookie playing over 38 minutes a night. If any one of the 5 starters goes down the team takes a HUGE step back and none of them have been really durable in their carreers. They have played a fairly easy schedule to start the season.

One season wilt played 48 minutes a game. That right he never fouled out all year and played every tick on the clock all year. avg. 50+ had 46 50+ games in one season! Jordan only had like 36 50+ points a games for his career! I think people make way to much with time played. These guy are in top shape and it really should'nt be a prob to play 30+ minutes a game.

Sure, pick probably the most dominant and durable player of all time and say "if he can do it, I don't see why everyone can't!" that makes perfect sense.

It's a different NBA and Lillard aint Wilt...I can't believe I even had to say that.

What if big Al goes down or Tim D goes down? That can happen to any team. I think i seen someone say they thought jazz would fold when Mo went down? Not sure why if someone get hurt was even talked about? Would've could've should've. Yes they are not a deep team and i still think they'll fall alittle short of playoffs. I said they would compete for maybe a 8th seed but fall short and people told me i was crazy like they would be lucky to win a game. It ok to be wrong and say they're better than you thought they would be. LOL And yes i put him in with the best player in history of the nba. Sry monkey

I was just giving you all the reasons why I think they won't keep pace, and they are already coming to fruition. They already dropped to 9th, and I predict they are out of the playoff race all together by the end of February.

They'll hit a wall all teams have em just look at the lakers.lmao!
But who would've had em with a winning record up to now? Thats why they play the games because you never know. Hope the jazz can slide up few spots with all home games a round the corner. Plus you can see Paul Gordy starting to play lights out. I think jazz are realy close to killing it. buckle up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Unreal what Denver has been putting together! They have a legit shot at knocking OKC out of the 2 spot.

I'm going with the most unpredictable events of the season so far in order:

1) Jazz not in playoffs
2) Houston in playoffs
2) GSW in playoffs
4) Denver in top 3
5) Lakers looking in at 8th spot

Most predictable:
1) SA not dead yet by a long shot
2) OKC is really good
3) Memphis and Clips in middle of West best

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter


Posts : 382
Points : 473
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:08 pm


And, Um, I'm still not ready to make a prediction Embarassed

Gimme another month and I'll nail something down. By August, I'll probably predict Miami will win it all. And that streak... amazing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Interesting to go back and read through this thread. Nobody had GS or Houston in, nobody had Denver higher than 5th. It's been a pretty crazy year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Interesting to go back and read through this thread. Nobody had GS or Houston in, nobody had Denver higher than 5th. It's been a pretty crazy year...
I know i picked GSW to make playoffs this year. Rockets no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Richardale wrote:
GSW will be making a run even if there star PG Curry misses part of the year. Thats how deep i think they are. Like people thought Big Al would not make it because of his past with injuryes with the wolves? GSW threw off and played a lot of young guns which will help this year in making a push. I'm not so sure the jazz will even break the top eight this year? If so its gonna be close. west has got a lot of good teams that can make it. Only a couple teams that did'nt get better in the west Suns and Rockets both took steps back mostly the Rockets. As for the N.O i'm guessing they'll get 35 wins and become a team thats does have lots of talent.Davis will be a stud and Anderson will have a great year because of it!
I am so freaking stoked for the year to get started its freaking driving me NUTS! lol
Jazz have so much young talent its crazy. Would love to see the jazz move in and offer up Millslap and a couple first round picks and get the Rook pg from portland. I think that kid is gonna be one of the best point guards in a couple years. Blazer will be another better team this year.

Yea i knew they would have a playoff team. To much talent not to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Richardale wrote:
Richardale wrote:
1 Lakers
2 Thunder
3 Clippers
4 Spurs
5 Timberwolves
6 Grizzlies
7 Mavs
8 Jazz

My upset is the GSW pushing out the Mavs or Jazz.

West just has some many good teams it really makes it hard to place em. Jazz could be as high as three or not even make it in. Gonna be a crazy year in b ball.

Gonna move jazz up to 4th wolves out grizz out and GSW 8th Laker 3 Thunder 1

The lakers bench suck amost as much as mike brown! Why play Koby big minute when you need to see want the hell other young players can bring? Stupid coaching will not get em top spot!


So you did Richard, so you did. Solid call there, but you did move the Grizz out instead of the Mavs so I'll have to dock you points for that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Richardale wrote:
1 Lakers
2 Thunder
3 Clippers
4 Spurs
5 Timberwolves
6 Grizzlies
7 Mavs
8 Jazz

My upset is the GSW pushing out the Mavs or Jazz.

West just has some many good teams it really makes it hard to place em. Jazz could be as high as three or not even make it in. Gonna be a crazy year in b ball.

Gonna move jazz up to 4th wolves out grizz out and GSW 8th Laker 3 Thunder 1

The lakers bench suck amost as much as mike brown! Why play Koby big minute when you need to see want the hell other young players can bring? Stupid coaching will not get em top spot!


So you did Richard, so you did. Solid call there, but you did move the Grizz out instead of the Mavs so I'll have to dock you points for that....

I'm unsticking this one, been a very interesting season. You guys really do a solid job of predicting, as good as most so called "experts".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter


Posts : 382
Points : 473
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 am

Even though the season's over, I'm not quite ready to make my predictions. The Timberwolves definitely aren't in consideration. Let's go get that coach fired. The Lakers barely make it into the playoffs instead of finishing first in the West-- fire that coach (Oh wait, they did it a few weeks into the season-- well, fire the 2nd coach!). The Mavericks didn't make it in-- get rid of that coach. The Jazz didn't make the playoffs, although they were predicted to finish around 8th. Well, hell, why not, let's go ahead and fire that coach.

Heads should be rolling in the Western Conference! I'm guessing heads shouldn't be rolling in the East because no one expected anyone in the East to do anything but roll over in the Miami waves. In case anyone on this sight hasn't come to this conclusion: It is absolutely wonderful to thrash around in a warm accommodating surf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Even though the season's over, I'm not quite ready to make my predictions. The Timberwolves definitely aren't in consideration. Let's go get that coach fired. The Lakers barely make it into the playoffs instead of finishing first in the West-- fire that coach (Oh wait, they did it a few weeks into the season-- well, fire the 2nd coach!). The Mavericks didn't make it in-- get rid of that coach. The Jazz didn't make the playoffs, although they were predicted to finish around 8th. Well, hell, why not, let's go ahead and fire that coach.

Heads should be rolling in the Western Conference! I'm guessing heads shouldn't be rolling in the East because no one expected anyone in the East to do anything but roll over in the Miami waves. In case anyone on this sight hasn't come to this conclusion: It is absolutely wonderful to thrash around in a warm accommodating surf.

I'm actually surprised by how many national media guys are saying Corbin did a terrible job this year. They have started grouping him with Vinny Del Negro as the worst coaches who will probably keep their jobs but shouldn't.

Of course that is just amplified 9 gagillion times over by Jazz fans. I mentioned earlier this season that I think fans really do have the ability to get a coach fired regardless of whether or not the coach deserves to be fired, because they can creat a toxic environment of negativity that is unrecoverable. If Corbin stays and national media scrutiny continues that toxicity could really impact the Jazz next season. I hope it doesn't, but right now it feels inevitable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1296
Points : 1397
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
Even though the season's over, I'm not quite ready to make my predictions. The Timberwolves definitely aren't in consideration. Let's go get that coach fired. The Lakers barely make it into the playoffs instead of finishing first in the West-- fire that coach (Oh wait, they did it a few weeks into the season-- well, fire the 2nd coach!). The Mavericks didn't make it in-- get rid of that coach. The Jazz didn't make the playoffs, although they were predicted to finish around 8th. Well, hell, why not, let's go ahead and fire that coach.

Heads should be rolling in the Western Conference! I'm guessing heads shouldn't be rolling in the East because no one expected anyone in the East to do anything but roll over in the Miami waves. In case anyone on this sight hasn't come to this conclusion: It is absolutely wonderful to thrash around in a warm accommodating surf.

I'm actually surprised by how many national media guys are saying Corbin did a terrible job this year. They have started grouping him with Vinny Del Negro as the worst coaches who will probably keep their jobs but shouldn't.

Of course that is just amplified 9 gagillion times over by Jazz fans. I mentioned earlier this season that I think fans really do have the ability to get a coach fired regardless of whether or not the coach deserves to be fired, because they can creat a toxic environment of negativity that is unrecoverable. If Corbin stays and national media scrutiny continues that toxicity could really impact the Jazz next season. I hope it doesn't, but right now it feels inevitable.

Everything else aside, I just think this young group of very talented guys, need and X's and O's guy, a guy that has "been there done that" a bit, someone who can be looked at as a go-to for knowledge. Corbin seems like he was a good guy, and they liked him. But kinda like when a mom is more her daughters best friend than mom, it can be pretty detrimental.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollificus
All Star
avatar

Posts : 553
Points : 684
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-05-03
Age : 97
Location : Sugarhouse

PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Even though the season's over, I'm not quite ready to make my predictions. The Timberwolves definitely aren't in consideration. Let's go get that coach fired. The Lakers barely make it into the playoffs instead of finishing first in the West-- fire that coach (Oh wait, they did it a few weeks into the season-- well, fire the 2nd coach!). The Mavericks didn't make it in-- get rid of that coach. The Jazz didn't make the playoffs, although they were predicted to finish around 8th. Well, hell, why not, let's go ahead and fire that coach.

Heads should be rolling in the Western Conference! I'm guessing heads shouldn't be rolling in the East because no one expected anyone in the East to do anything but roll over in the Miami waves. In case anyone on this sight hasn't come to this conclusion: It is absolutely wonderful to thrash around in a warm accommodating surf.

Meh. You only have to read ANY team's blogs and check the fan comments in a game thread or post-game recap to see how universal this is. I just read on the Houston game thread (2200 comments!) for the Lakers game, and here's a "blow-it-up-and-rebuild" team in the first year of the rebuild, making the playoffs, and Rockets fans are clamoring for McHale's ("McFail") head. Laker fans HATE D'Antoni, HATED Brown, and will HATE anyone but Phil Jackson for the next 25 years probably. Fans can SEE how great their own players are, how tall, how skilled, what great runners and jumpers they are...but when they go against equally tall, skilled, elevating players and the results aren't good...well, "We love these guys, they're great! How could we lose?" the simplest explanation is...? The coach, of course (and the refs, but that one's usually true).

That's pretty universal, and can be disregarded in some (most?) but not all cases. If fans sometimes want good, or at least adequate, coaches fired, they are also going to want BAD AND INADEQUATE COACHES FIRED.

So you're presenting kind of a non-sequitor, Saint, a "Fallacy of Limited Depth"...or maybe a definition fallacy, in which the category of the premise is too broad.

Major Premise: Fans always blame the coach, and want him replaced, including good coaches
Minor Premise: Fans blame and want to replace Corbin
Therefore, Corbin is a good coach.

I can understand your reluctance to join in what really dioes appear to be a mob-mentality, torches-and-pitchforks blame game...but fan sentiment is going to look like that whether it is accurate (Corbin is inadequate) or not (he did the best he could with an awkwardly-constructed roster).

I think, given the evidence, it's correct to have serious reservations about Coach Corbin. Yes, he wanted to win now, and thought the vets (Foye, Marvin, Tinsley, Sap, Al) gave the team the best chance to do that. HOWEVER. There was considerable real-world evidence that this was not the case, which he ignored.

Therefore, Corbin should be pursued through a dark forest, trapped in an old mill which should be set afire and collapse into a river. Until the sequel anyway. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: West Predictions   

Back to top Go down
 
West Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» 5A Playoff Regional Predictions - Girls
» Football Championship 2012 Predictions
» Predict the Series Score: England v West Indies (3 Tests)
» Predictions for Div 6 for Sunday 7th
» predictions and thoughts about games on 7th November

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: