Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome   Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division Empty
PostSubject: Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division    Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Hokay. Not sure if I'm right, but it seems that the NW has more teams who have actually improved this year than the other two Western Conference divisions.

Portland? Yep. Better. Dammit.
OKC-they were already better, dammit.
Minnesota-yep, fraid so.
Denver-Probably not better. If your chance to become better depends on Javale McGee growing up...probably not better.
Jazz- oh hell yes, better. Maybe a lot.

Matter of fact, I see three, and maybe HALF of the playoff teams in the West coming out of this division.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division    Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 am

Trollificus wrote:
Hokay. Not sure if I'm right, but it seems that the NW has more teams who have actually improved this year than the other two Western Conference divisions.

Portland? Yep. Better. Dammit.
OKC-they were already better, dammit.
Minnesota-yep, fraid so.
Denver-Probably not better. If your chance to become better depends on Javale McGee growing up...probably not better.
Jazz- oh hell yes, better. Maybe a lot.

Matter of fact, I see three, and maybe HALF of the playoff teams in the West coming out of this division.

I agree for the most part, but I don't really think Portland is worthy of a "damnit", not yet anyways. Their two best additions are rookies, they lost Wallace and didn't bring in anybody near his level, and Aldridge can't stay on the court.

Minnesota, on the other hand, could be a very dangerous, and "damnit" worthy, foe this season. They wiffed on pretty much all of their big moves, but the moves they did pull were very very solid. They traded Beasley for Buddinger, Darko for Stiesma, Wayne Ellington for Brandon Roy, and Martel Webster for Alexey Shved. I think they had an offseason very similar to the Jazz, they added quality players to address their weaknesses and upgrade their roster while keeping their core of quality young players and veterans. And if you recall last year, before they lost Rubio and started shutting guys down, they were fighting for that last playoff spot. I think it's going to be a dogfight between Denver, Minny, and the Jazz for 2nd in the division, and all three of those teams could make the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division    Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Minnesota, on the other hand, could be a very dangerous, and "damnit" worthy, foe this season. They wiffed on pretty much all of their big moves, but the moves they did pull were very very solid. They traded Beasley for Buddinger, Darko for Stiesma, Wayne Ellington for Brandon Roy, and Martel Webster for Alexey Shved. I think they had an offseason very similar to the Jazz, they added quality players to address their weaknesses and upgrade their roster while keeping their core of quality young players and veterans. And if you recall last year, before they lost Rubio and started shutting guys down, they were fighting for that last playoff spot. I think it's going to be a dogfight between Denver, Minny, and the Jazz for 2nd in the division, and all three of those teams could make the playoffs.

Mannn, Minnesota really does scare me. If Rubio didn't get injured, I think they would have absolutely taken Utah's spot in the playoffs.

So first and foremost, when's Rubio come back? Thats key. If he only pays half a season, then I dont think Minny can stick with the pack well enough.

But man, if Rubio is there all season? They added Roy, who may start, or may not, I'm not sure. But this lineup: Rubio, Roy, Kirilenko, Love, Pekovic......uhhhh, yikes. Budinger, Derrick Williams, Stiesma, Barea, Ridnour coming off the bench? UGH!!! Thats tough!
I do like watching them though.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division    Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
But man, if Rubio is there all season? They added Roy, who may start, or may not, I'm not sure. But this lineup: Rubio, Roy, Kirilenko, Love, Pekovic......uhhhh, yikes. Budinger, Derrick Williams, Stiesma, Barea, Ridnour coming off the bench? UGH!!! Thats tough!
I do like watching them though.

Don't forget about Shved, a combo guard currently playing with Andrei on the Russian Olympic Team. I think he played with Andrei at CSKA too.

Wolves finalize signing of Russian guard Shved
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wolves-finalize-signing-russian-guard-222607707--nba.html

By the way, what's with all the white guys? Even Utah never had this many. LOL.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division    Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division Empty

Back to top Go down

Did [Team X] get better? Northwest Division
Page 1 of 1