Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  NBA is terrible Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBA is terrible

Go down 
+3
TheMagnus
Romoholic
Zoonie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoonie
Rookie

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 am

The heatwould have won that championship with a 5 year old kid coaching them. They didn't deserve to win, they should have been out in round 2 against the pacers, but the refs reffed them into winning that series. They should have been out in round 3 by the celtics, but again the refs reffed them into winning that series. They should have been swepped by the thunder in the finals but the refs reffed them into 4 straight wins by making sure KD was in foul trouble during critical times in games by calling pitty pissy fouls on him for stuff Lebron does on every play, like holding players when the shot goes up so they can't get the rebound, or sticking your arm out and pushing off every time you drive the ball to create a lane for yourself. Plus all the plays that the thunder would back off and let them take an easy layup so they wouldn't get a foul but they would still blow the whistle when nobody touched lebron or d wade. If anyone on this earth think Miami deserved that championship they are as stupid as George W. Bush. I really hate hand out championships they taint the NBA. If you are good enouph to make it there and win it the league shouldn't rob you of a ring that you deserve just because the other team is a bigger market with more high profile stars with more fans. I really hate the NBA for that and someone else other than RG needs to be the comissoner so this shizz can get fixed. Refs also need to get reviewed so if they completely botch a game they will get fined and if they do it a lot they will get fired, that will clean up the NBA and make it more fair than anything else. We also need a hard cap like the NFL because this extra tax crap is just going to make it so less teams can spend more money, but some will and the will be the overpowered teams because they can afford to have an extra superstar or a better supporting cast with the stars they do have. So sick of the NBA I just watch the jazz because I love basketball and love the jazz, I know we won't win a championship in the next 20+ years but I just like to watch
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Zoonie wrote:
The heatwould have won that championship with a 5 year old kid coaching them. They didn't deserve to win, they should have been out in round 2 against the pacers, but the refs reffed them into winning that series. They should have been out in round 3 by the celtics, but again the refs reffed them into winning that series. They should have been swepped by the thunder in the finals but the refs reffed them into 4 straight wins by making sure KD was in foul trouble during critical times in games by calling pitty pissy fouls on him for stuff Lebron does on every play, like holding players when the shot goes up so they can't get the rebound, or sticking your arm out and pushing off every time you drive the ball to create a lane for yourself. Plus all the plays that the thunder would back off and let them take an easy layup so they wouldn't get a foul but they would still blow the whistle when nobody touched lebron or d wade. If anyone on this earth think Miami deserved that championship they are as stupid as George W. Bush. I really hate hand out championships they taint the NBA. If you are good enouph to make it there and win it the league shouldn't rob you of a ring that you deserve just because the other team is a bigger market with more high profile stars with more fans. I really hate the NBA for that and someone else other than RG needs to be the comissoner so this shizz can get fixed. Refs also need to get reviewed so if they completely botch a game they will get fined and if they do it a lot they will get fired, that will clean up the NBA and make it more fair than anything else. We also need a hard cap like the NFL because this extra tax crap is just going to make it so less teams can spend more money, but some will and the will be the overpowered teams because they can afford to have an extra superstar or a better supporting cast with the stars they do have. So sick of the NBA I just watch the jazz because I love basketball and love the jazz, I know we won't win a championship in the next 20+ years but I just like to watch

It wasn't a well officiated series, but I have seen worse. I think everyone has come to accept the fact that the NBA pushes the teams it wants ahead of the rest. It's just something you have to deal with if you are gonna be a fan of the NBA. Pretty sad to say, but it's true!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Romoholic wrote:

It wasn't a well officiated series, but I have seen worse. I think everyone has come to accept the fact that the NBA pushes the teams it wants ahead of the rest. It's just something you have to deal with if you are gonna be a fan of the NBA. Pretty sad to say, but it's true!

You know, I didn't think the officiating was that bad, what I thought was terrible was all of the manipulation and gamesmanship the players were using to try and get the calls. These guys really have taken it to a whole new level, and in that finals series it was flat out disgusting to watch. It ruined the whole series for me, I felt like I was watching Italy and Spain play soccer.

It was a little ironic actually, I fully expected to hate the style of ball that was being played more than anything else. I expected a lot of iso-heavy hero ball with little offensive nuance or complexity, and I was actually pleasantly surprised to see both teams showing at least a little bit of team ball...unfortunately that was broken up by so many fouls and flops with so much theatrical complaining that it was easy to forget that I was actually watching basketball and not some unfunny basketball parody.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:07 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

You know, I didn't think the officiating was that bad, what I thought was terrible was all of the manipulation and gamesmanship the players were using to try and get the calls. These guys really have taken it to a whole new level, and in that finals series it was flat out disgusting to watch. It ruined the whole series for me, I felt like I was watching Italy and Spain play soccer.

It was a little ironic actually, I fully expected to hate the style of ball that was being played more than anything else. I expected a lot of iso-heavy hero ball with little offensive nuance or complexity, and I was actually pleasantly surprised to see both teams showing at least a little bit of team ball...unfortunately that was broken up by so many fouls and flops with so much theatrical complaining that it was easy to forget that I was actually watching basketball and not some unfunny basketball parody.

Well thank god for Jeff Van Gundy; did you guys hear him? He would regularly go OFF on how 260lb Lebron was flopping and flailing to the ground after being brushed by Westbrook, or Wade was landing on his back like he was clotheslined, when all they did was knock hips. Stern then noticed too, and it's become a topic of convo, and they're looking at the best way to fix it thankfully.

As long as it is now a topic of convo, and so closely scrutinized, at least it wont be as disgusting as that finals was. First time I've ever watched a Finals and just laughed with disgust.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Well thank god for Jeff Van Gundy; did you guys hear him? He would regularly go OFF on how 260lb Lebron was flopping and flailing to the ground after being brushed by Westbrook, or Wade was landing on his back like he was clotheslined, when all they did was knock hips. Stern then noticed too, and it's become a topic of convo, and they're looking at the best way to fix it thankfully.

As long as it is now a topic of convo, and so closely scrutinized, at least it wont be as disgusting as that finals was. First time I've ever watched a Finals and just laughed with disgust.

Flopping has became a big part of the game nowadays not only in the NBA but watching the Olympics it was even more so, it even caused one player to hit another guy in the nuts. I don't think that anyone is going to find a way to stop flopping for good but would like to see the ref's have a way of calling flopping on a player other than a charge call offense or defense at either side of the court. Something that will make them not want to do it in game's any longer.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm

dongibby wrote:

Flopping has became a big part of the game nowadays not only in the NBA but watching the Olympics it was even more so, it even caused one player to hit another guy in the nuts. I don't think that anyone is going to find a way to stop flopping for good but would like to see the ref's have a way of calling flopping on a player other than a charge call offense or defense at either side of the court. Something that will make them not want to do it in game's any longer.

Im hopeful, and I think what we'll see is no-calls. Lame players like Lebron flopping to the ground and looking up like "what the?" and a solid referee just looking down at him and throwing his arms out wide "sorry no call"......good.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:16 am

Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Im hopeful, and I think what we'll see is no-calls. Lame players like Lebron flopping to the ground and looking up like "what the?" and a solid referee just looking down at him and throwing his arms out wide "sorry no call"......good.

Wow, I think I understand why I have so few reputation points on this forum. I think I respond more when I disagree with others, than when I agree. I've been a big critic of "superstar treatment" that has shaped the NBA for as long as I've been watching it. Now, I'm on the other side of the argument (a bit). I think this year's playoffs were the best-officiated of any I have ever seen. I could be completely wrong, but I completey saw the playoffs (regarding the refs) differently than how it was portrayed in the first post on this thread. I'd love to sit down with a bunch of other people and watch the games and inspect second by second how the game was called. Maybe I'm so jaded I overlook the obvious, but, I don't think so. In the series I watched, I thought everyone guarding LeBron could have fouled out by half-time (and I'm not a LeBron fan). I was really rooting for Indy to beat the Heat in their series, and I watched that series pretty closely. If anything, I thought Indy benefitted more from the way the games were called than Miami. Again, I could be wrong (and I don't have copies of all the games, and haven't watched it with replay or slo-mo), but I think I was pretty unbiased when I watched the games.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:12 am

SL, I always like your posts since they're so well thought out, and I also like how you can get just barely sensitive from time to time, heh. Makes you real.......reputation point!

I have to say, I thought the playoffs and Finals were officiated just fine, not bad not good. EXCEPTTTTTTTTT, for this one thing: the flopping. It was disgusting, and made a joke of the game. They were huge calls against Tyson Chandler that changed the games, or against Durant. It was that one aspect that over-shadowed all the rest, and was just a joke....to use JVG's words.
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

yeah I agree with you about the playoffs as a whole being well officiated, I didn't see any major bias in any series other than the ones Miami played in, the Lakers were also getting a lot of calls againts the thunder but they were just outmatched almost everywhere bythe skill of the thunder. I watched pretty much every series and the only ones that made me dissapointed in the NBA was watching the pacers get knocked out when they deserved to win and outplayed the heat. Or when the celtics deserved to win and outplayed the heat. And when the thunder deserved to win and even though they didn't play very well they still deserved to win. Anyone notice how out of every playoff game the heat played Lebron was only in foul trouble one time in one game and D Wade was never. The refs don't call first half fouls on those two. And like I've said many a times and I'll say again. You have to be really good and play really good to win in the playoffs when it is 8 on 5. All of this is just my opinion but I think if everyone went back and really watched those 3 playoff series with the pacers Celtics and Thunder and studied and graded the refs during those series then my opinion would become fact and the refs would get a D- at best. But hey that is just my opinion also
Wow, I think I understand why I have so few reputation points on this forum. I think I respond more when I disagree with others, than when I agree. I've been a big critic of "superstar treatment" that has shaped the NBA for as long as I've been watching it. Now, I'm on the other side of the argument (a bit). I think this year's playoffs were the best-officiated of any I have ever seen. I could be completely wrong, but I completey saw the playoffs (regarding the refs) differently than how it was portrayed in the first post on this thread. I'd love to sit down with a bunch of other people and watch the games and inspect second by second how the game was called. Maybe I'm so jaded I overlook the obvious, but, I don't think so. In the series I watched, I thought everyone guarding LeBron could have fouled out by half-time (and I'm not a LeBron fan). I was really rooting for Indy to beat the Heat in their series, and I watched that series pretty closely. If anything, I thought Indy benefitted more from the way the games were called than Miami. Again, I could be wrong (and I don't have copies of all the games, and haven't watched it with replay or slo-mo), but I think I was pretty unbiased when I watched the games.

oops that got all mess up sorry about that i didn't know there was another quote under mine when I started writing, it's hard to tell on my I pod because I can't just scroll down. But I was also wondering if there is a way to change the time zone In this forum because all of the posts are 8 hours ahead of the actual time. If anyone could shed some light on the matter for my it would be very greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I thought the refs flat out cost the thunder the first game by not call LBJ foul on KD right at the end of the game! That no call right there just blew the rest the series for me. So after game one i ended up just catching end scores and stop watching. So yea i thought they suckedin the finals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NBA is terrible Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA is terrible   NBA is terrible Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA is terrible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: