Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Gordon's watch Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gordon's watch

Go down 
+10
aliveandkickin
MTJazz
dongibby
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
Romoholic
outerspacefan
Jazz Dog
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazz Dog
Rookie

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 pm

We have talked about him so much, we should all be on a first name basis now.

I think next year he is going to average 16.3/5.1/4.3/1.1/.565.

By the way only those close to him get to call him Gordan or Gordo.

Last edited by Jazz Dog on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Did KOC sign Giricek again? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm gonna go with 18 ppg 5 rpg and 3 apg.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I think he'll get pretty much what he had at the end of the season this year 14 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast and he'll shoot 47/38/85.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Well, I almost feel a bit sheepish after my crushing victory over CC....butttttt........
Its too tough right now to pick what he'll do. If the same team returns however, with all those rebounding monsters, I'll say next year my good studly buddy Gordo goes for 17.3pts, 4.4. rebounds, 4.4 assists, 0.9blks, 0.8stls, 48%FG, 86%FT and he'll hit 41% on 3's. (see, you have to use decimal points or if you just say 17pts per, and Gordon goes 17.3, then Objective Experts will call you a failure.)

Be interesting to re-visit this once we have a set team for opening the season.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 pm

15.6 -5 -3.6 Jazz are loaded and wont need big numbers out of gordo!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/9/11/3317232/jazz-forward-gordon-hayward-is-primed-for-a-big-season-but-can-he#storyjump

Story about just this thing. I think Gordo will have a great year, big professional jump, show of all his skills and be our Scottie Pippen type---our do everything guy.

So so lucky for you Calgary that the Trib got rid of all your rants about how Gordo wasn't any good, and I can't remember them all. Only ones I can really remember is that along with Enes, you said that Gordo most likely would be out of the league after his 3rd year, or traded. HAH!!! Oh, and that you predicted he'd only get to 11pts per andddddddd, oh yea, that he wasn't a good passer at all.
Man, not to much "expert" in that Objective Expert.....
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Well, I almost feel a bit sheepish after my crushing victory over CC....butttttt........

There was no victory at all. Not even talking about crushing. You can think whatever you want though.

Seriously, I do not expect huge leap stat wise for Hayward from last year. I think his wing teammates are better this time ( lets be honest, CJ and Howard sucked, it would be hard to be worse then that) and thus he won't have much room to improve his stats more then last year.
13pts, 4reb, 3.3 ast, less then 1 stl and less then 1 blk. 47% FG, 35% 3pt, 83% FT.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
!!! Oh, and that you predicted he'd only get to 11pts per andddddddd, oh yea, that he wasn't a good passer at all.

Well he got 11.8pts . I was way closer then you on that one.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
!!! Oh, and that you predicted he'd only get to 11pts per andddddddd, oh yea, that he wasn't a good passer at all.

Figured you'd go for that, instead of being honest. YOU actually predicted 9 POINTS per game Calgary, 9. So wrong. And you still can't man up.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Figured you'd go for that, instead of being honest. YOU actually predicted 9 POINTS per game Calgary, 9. So wrong. And you still can't man up.

I said in my most optimistic prediction he gets 11pts. There is nothing to man up. We did math and I was off by less then you. I underrated him - you overrated. At best it was a tie. Not a crushing victory by any means. But whatever makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I said in my most optimistic prediction he gets 11pts. There is nothing to man up. We did math and I was off by less then you. I underrated him - you overrated. At best it was a tie. Not a crushing victory by any means. But whatever makes you feel better.

Right right right. A leopard never changes his spots....your prediction was 9pts per, and since you always will say something to give yourself a way out, and never commit, there was that "in my most optimistic" prediction......Sad man, can't even commit on a blind sports forum....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

So you admit he exceeded your "most optimistic" expectations. Got it.

And need I remind both of you that I nailed those predicitons last year.

A least Calg is slowly learning...

Magnus = 14 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast and he'll shoot 47/38/85

Calg = 13pts, 4reb, 3.3 ast 47/35/83
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 am

Thought I should point this out again....

Here's a list of players that averaged more than 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists last season:

1 LeBron James
2 Russell Westbrook
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Andre Iguodala
5 Paul Pierce
6 MJ wannabe Bryant
7 Kyle Lowry
8 John Wall
9 Tyreke Evans

And the only players to do that and shoot 45% FG and 35% 3pt were Lebron James and Andre Igoudala.

I fully expect to see Hayward on that list next year.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 am

TheMagnus wrote:

Here's a list of players that averaged more than 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists last season:

1 LeBron James
2 Russell Westbrook
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Andre Iguodala
5 Paul Pierce
6 MJ wannabe Bryant
7 Kyle Lowry
8 John Wall
9 Tyreke Evans

And the only players to do that and shoot 45% FG and 35% 3pt were Lebron James and Andre Igoudala.

Points and reb very possible, 4 assists highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

So you admit he exceeded your "most optimistic" expectations. Got it.

And need I remind both of you that I nailed those predicitons last year.

A least Calg is slowly learning...

Magnus = 14 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast and he'll shoot 47/38/85

Calg = 13pts, 4reb, 3.3 ast 47/35/83

Shutup Magnus.....you and your stupid smart brain.....but thanks for the reminder!! Calgary was so lowballing Gordo that not only did he surpass Calgary's Objective expert opinion, but he surpassed his MOST optimistic!!!

And let me remind you, in another post about UnderKanter, I AGREE with Calgary's prediction! 17pts and 13rebs per 36??? Seems Calgary has already realized he was wrong and will be eating some num num crow about Kanter being out of the league after year 3 since he was such a horrendous pick.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:

That's certainly the toughest of the cats, as it will depend mostly on his role in the offense. If the Jazz run the offense through him on a regular basis then I think he gets them, if not then he probably doesn't.

Over 13 games in April last year Hayward averaged 16 pts, 3.7 Reb, and 3.5 assists in 37 minutes a game. In the 34 games after the All-Star break he averaged 14 pts, 4.2 reb, and 3.1 ast, and shot 42% from the 3 pt line in 33 minutes a game. If he just do that for the entire season while continuing ot improve his D he'd be in some pretty elite company.

In fact, if you want to see something REALLY interesting, check this out...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=hardeja01&y1=2011&p2=haywago01&y2=2012&p3=georgpa01&y3=2012

That compares Gordon Hayward and Paul George as second season 21 year olds against 21 year old second season James Harden.

Now, what were Harden's numbers per game (31 minutes) this year?

16 pts, 4.1 reb, 3.7 ast on 49/39/85. Per 36 he was 19/5/4

...and people are talking about him getting a MAX contract.

This is why they talk about the 3rd year jump, it is typically the year when players really show what they will be in the NBA. I think Hayward has one of those jumps this year...but I kind of hope nobody notices.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

1 LeBron James
2 Russell Westbrook
3 Dwyane Wade
4 Andre Iguodala
5 Paul Pierce
6 MJ wannabe Bryant
7 Kyle Lowry
8 John Wall
9 Tyreke Evans

With the ball handling skill's Hayward has and being a full time starter 4 assists a game is not a stretch at all could be even higher without a doubt the Kid has a very good handle on his game and could play the PG if he had to, it all comes down to how much the Jazz puts the ball in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am

[quote="TheMagnus"]
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Over 13 games in April last year Hayward averaged 16 pts, 3.7 Reb, and 3.5 assists in 37 minutes a game. In the 34 games after the All-Star break he averaged 14 pts, 4.2 reb, and 3.1 ast, and shot 42% from the 3 pt line in 33 minutes a game.

And thats at him playing possibly most minutes/touches available as at that time other Jazz wing players were injured or unavailable for some reasons. I doubt he is going to get more minutes then that ( 35 min is about maximum available and I think more then likely he will remain at 30min a game ). Burks and Marvin should have more minutes then Howard or CJ had and we still have DeMarre to fill in as well. Thus I do not see those 4 assists happening.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 am

[quote="Calgary Jazz"]
TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Over 13 games in April last year Hayward averaged 16 pts, 3.7 Reb, and 3.5 assists in 37 minutes a game. In the 34 games after the All-Star break he averaged 14 pts, 4.2 reb, and 3.1 ast, and shot 42% from the 3 pt line in 33 minutes a game.

And thats at him playing possibly most minutes/touches available as at that time other Jazz wing players were injured or unavailable for some reasons. I doubt he is going to get more minutes then that ( 35 min is about maximum available and I think more then likely he will remain at 30min a game ). Burks and Marvin should have more minutes then Howard or CJ had and we still have DeMarre to fill in as well. Thus I do not see those 4 assists happening.

Don't forget that Bell also pulled down a bunch of minutes when he was out there, and if you remember, Hayward continued to play 36+ minutes a game even after Bell and Howard came back from injury. I don't think Carroll will play unless somebody gets hurt, and since Hayward will play both the 2 and 3 spots and will easily be the Jazz best wing player I think that in all likelyhood he will pick up 5 or 6 of the 45 or so minutes a game that Miles, Bell, and Howard were filling last year and average in the neighborhood of 34-36 minutes a game.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Don't forget that Bell also pulled down a bunch of minutes when he was out there, and if you remember, Hayward continued to play 36+ minutes a game even after Bell and Howard came back from injury.

I honestly do not remember Bell or Howard playing a lot in last month or so when Hayward minutes went up. I looked at game logs and it looks like from 13 games in last April, Howard played 2 and Bell played 1 game and CJ played 4 games total. So obviously there were lots of extra minutes for Hayward.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Don't forget that Bell also pulled down a bunch of minutes when he was out there, and if you remember, Hayward continued to play 36+ minutes a game even after Bell and Howard came back from injury.

I honestly do not remember Bell or Howard playing a lot in last month or so when Hayward minutes went up. I looked at game logs and it looks like from 13 games in last April, Howard played 2 and Bell played 1 game and CJ played 4 games total. So obviously there were lots of extra minutes for Hayward.

That's what I was saying. You play you best players as much as you can, and Hayward will be the best player, so I don't see him playing less he did at the end of last year just for the sake of getting other guys minutes.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:29 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
That's what I was saying. You play you best players as much as you can, and Hayward will be the best player, so I don't see him playing less he did at the end of last year just for the sake of getting other guys minutes.

You sound a lot like Sloan... what about specific matchups and situations? I could bet there will be moments when playing Burks and M.Williams will be better option then Hayward. I am not on M.Williams bandwagon yet but he has nice size plus experience to get a nod over Hayward in some situations, especially if Gordon can't hit his 3pt shot. And we all liked how Burks was relentless at attacking basket of the dribble - something Hayward struggles to do. It is not given that Hayward will play that many minutes as in last years end as this time Corbin has better/more versatile options then CJ, Bell or Howard.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

You sound a lot like Sloan... what about specific matchups and situations? I could bet there will be moments when playing Burks and M.Williams will be better option then Hayward. I am not on M.Williams bandwagon yet but he has nice size plus experience to get a nod over Hayward in some situations, especially if Gordon can't hit his 3pt shot. And we all liked how Burks was relentless at attacking basket of the dribble - something Hayward struggles to do. It is not given that Hayward will play that many minutes as in last years end as this time Corbin has better/more versatile options then CJ, Bell or Howard.

I don't know what guy you were watching, but the Hayward I watched last season is EXCELLENT off the dribble, both finishing at the rim and passing to open teammates. Hayward isn't some guy who's just a niche role player, he's almost as good or better at every part of the game of basketball than all of the Jazz other wings. All other things being equal, there is no matchup where the Jazz would be better off with him on the bench. Now there might be times when someone is playing well, or he's playing poorly, and that might warrant some change in the rotation in the moment of the game, but overall the best players gonna play, and that player is Hayward.

And of course I sound like Sloan, and pretty much every other NBA coach. This aint the Euroleague.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I don't know what guy you were watching, but the Hayward I watched last season is EXCELLENT off the dribble, both finishing at the rim and passing to open teammates. Hayward isn't some guy who's just a niche role player, he's almost as good or better at every part of the game of basketball than all of the Jazz other wings. All other things being equal, there is no matchup where the Jazz would be better off with him on the bench. Now there might be times when someone is playing well, or he's playing poorly, and that might warrant some change in the rotation in the moment of the game, but overall the best players gonna play, and that player is Hayward.

And of course I sound like Sloan, and pretty much every other NBA coach. This aint the Euroleague.

Hayward was asked to play on this summer select team so he is a lot more than a niche role player without question the NBA know's this that's why he was asked to be a part of it, he is going to be a big part of this team going forward and will get all the playing time he can handle. I really think that Burks will be getting a lot of playing time at the SG position and I think will be the starter when the season start's the Kid is that good, it is going to be hard to keep this Kid off of the court because of his play and this could take away playing time for Hayward a little. It is like you said you play your best player's and I think Burks is going to be the best player at the SG position this season, I really don't see anyone taking it away from him but maybe Foye and that is only because of his 3 pt shooting ability other than that Burks is a better all around player IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gordon's watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon's watch   Gordon's watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Gordon's watch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next