Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  what have we learned so far Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what have we learned so far

Go down 
+2
outerspacefan
aliveandkickin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
aliveandkickin
Starter

what have we learned so far Empty
PostSubject: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 am

Mo is great when his shots go down, like any other player, but he can't pick-and-roll. Seems like he can't slow it down and run the team intelligently.
Tinsley is a joke out there. He can run an offense better than Mo but for some reason a seasoned pro can't shoot when he has the ball half the time he's on the court.... so fun to watch.
Nether PG gets to the hole to finish or dish when a defender commits to them.
More passing around the perimeter folks, the WHOLE SEASON, and hope Mo or Foye get hot cause Marv won't be reliable out there shooting threes.
Hayward at least attacks the basket but he's just average so far.

Want more reality

We talk about the Jazz bigs and bench bigs being dominant, but, without penetration they're one-on-one players. Where are the cutters? Outside waiting for a three, just hoping Jefferson will get doubled, so they can save the possession with a hurried three cause BIg Al takes his time to figure out his options.

On a positive

Lets see.... um, er, we win at home- which means the players focus more at home. Carroll may be better than Marvin Williams. Burks can finish at the rim but somehow Foye is getting his minutes. Watson may be back soon to run the offense but he just shoots slightly better than Tinsley... meaning they both shoot slightly better than you.

The Jazz need mismatches. Sap at SF is a mismatch. Having Favors defend the opponents scoring big is in our best interest, ALL THE TIME. Mo needs a pick down low to pop a fifteen footer like Harpring used to do- then run counters off it. DC should start over Marvin Williams for his hustle alone if Sap doesn't start at SF.
If the Jazz continue to be mentally weak on the road then the Jefferson or Millsap trade for a penetrading PG should happen soon. Burks should take ALL of Tinsleys PG time since Tinsley brings little more than your average college player does to the table... very little positives on Tinsleys game when he doesn't penetrate like we've seen him do effectively just a few games as a Jazzman.

Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 am

- If our bigs can't show against the likes of Philadelfia's bigs minus Bynum, I'd say we are in trouble Shocked
- We knew Mo's not a traditiional PG; he need wing ballhandling around; we can't blame him for the Jazz taking him if they wanted to play a classic PG scheme
- Haywayd and Millsap just cannot wait until we're 12 or more down to start playing seriously Evil or Very Mad
- Carroll continue to build his case; his game was near perfection, and no one should be surprised if dude take a starting spot on the road...
- For some reason Mo, Marvin and Hayward just don't appear comfortable playing together
- Corbin's trying hard, but there's no reason to not play Favors consistent 30 minutes per game right now; coach should try to insert him early in the first, aroung the 6 minutes mark and may be for Jefferson, to alter the matches between first and second lines a little bit
- Hope Burks's got solid mind and poise, because coaches obviously decided he's out of the game of basketball at this time
- Marvin should consider the idea of actually play some ball Suspect
- Who's the guy wearing number six and what has he done with Tinsley? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by outerspacefan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

May be we just missing some importan points. Lets wait for Magnus to explain why winnin bench was benched and practically never returned. Kanter with best +- had only 13min, how it help him to undestand that he have to deserve PT.

I don't talk of Burk, I think he already uanderstood everything and his carreer in Utah is over. May be Utah Jazz as we knew them is finished too. Really, really painful to observe that step by step.

Last edited by vryadli on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 am

Trade deadline idea: Kanter for........ Valanciunas! What a Face Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 am

outerspacefan wrote:
Trade deadline idea: Kanter for........ Valanciunas! What a Face Rolling Eyes Wink

Yes! We have to find the trade that save everything! I'd say J.Kidd! look what he did with Carmelo. May be he can do same with Corbin.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 am

Wheeler for the actual Wheeler? Girl had some grit! Cool
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 am

vryadli wrote:
... Lets wait for Magnus to explain why winnin bench was benched and practically never returned...
You're an evil dude Twisted Evil
Now, seriously, they did return and put the game on course for a second time... and then coach probably made one or two mistakes... That said, some of our guys looked like they partied all day long....
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah, give Carroll at least 20 mpg!!! Obviously he is not going to shoot like he did last night every night, but even when the guy isn't hitting his shots, he makes things happen by bringing ENERGY! Carroll is a FIGHTER.

Marvin looks kinda invisible out there to me, and I hate to say it, but the gist of many posts on an Atlanta Hawks forum that I checked around the time of the trade, said as much --- that Marvin doesn't bring it. Too bad we can't trade Marvin to desperate Minnesota for Barea, Ridnour or Shved and a pick (Minnesota has four point guards), but I guess Marvin is untradable? Also, give Carroll an extension while he is still cheap. Another good thing about giving Carroll more minutes is that it will probably spur Marvin to fight harder when he is out there. Competition is good!!

On another note, I may be the least qualified here to judge the mechanics of shooting, but Carroll looks better releasing his shots than Hayward does to me. Carroll has been telling everybody that he has been working his butt off on his shot. Could it be that this fighter of a man has actually improved his shooting?

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 am

I'll need serious help if Tinsley is on the team next yr.

Love to see Carroll get minutes man. How many break-away layups is he worth a game? I say two is the over/ under w his hustle.

I just want f-ing penetration from someone. Burks will see a lane and meet u at the rim or get fouled. Foye, loves the threeball. I'll take the stud over the chucker.

Grr.

Mo is a shoot-first PG that doesn't penetrate like Parker, D-will, cp3, Westbrook, etc... no size and doesn't get to the rim. Yup folks, a sg in a pg's body w/o a capable penetrater on the team not named Hayward....and he's not setting any speed records soon but at least charges once in a while.

Bledsoe is still playing for the Clips for a reason. PENETRATION.

Just frustrated, but still true... no penetration, no scoring. No pun intended
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 am

outerspacefan wrote:
vryadli wrote:
... Lets wait for Magnus to explain why winnin bench was benched and practically never returned...
You're an evil dude Twisted Evil
Now, seriously, they did return and put the game on course for a second time... and then coach probably made one or two mistakes... That said, some of our guys looked like they partied all day long....

Kicking told all content which I would, so for me only emotions were left. We need a dribler and cutter. We had couple tose but poor 3p... now exactly opposite. And that is strange. I'd expect that Mo, Foye (forget Burk) have to be able to penetrate. May be they really are parting each day and teach second night? that would explaine that, because penetration need a lot of ennergy (good fitness).
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 am

Wow, so much pessimism.

I'm not gonna argue with vyraldi on the bench rotation last night, the Jazz two of the least effective players last night, Mo and Al, played the most minutes. Tinsley can't guard anybody. Carroll was out of his mind but somehow only saw 23 minutes. Foye played more than Carroll, Hayward, and Favors.

But "Burks career in Utah is over"?? Now I'm really starting to think you've been hanging out with skiier.

It is still early in the season and I see stretches in every game where this team shows what they are capable of, they just haven't been able to put it together for 48 minutes. Nobody thought this team would be a contender, and in fact right now the Jazz are pretty much exactly where everybody thought they would be in terms of both the division and western conference standings, in spite of having one of the toughest opening schedules in the NBA.

Starting tonight they have a chance to make up some ground against some opponents they should beat. Their next 6 games look like this...

@Wizards
Rockets
Kings
@Kings
Denver
@New Orleans

If they aren't a game or two over .500 at the end of November I promise I will join you guys in more of your surly grumbling.

Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 am

TheMagnus wrote:
@Wizards
Rockets
Kings
@Kings
Denver
@New Orleans

If they aren't a game or two over .500 at the end of November I promise I will join you guys in more of your surly grumbling.

honestly, I almost sure that results will be better. We have only 3 home games so far. So we will see more win for sure. What I'm missing is term which was associated with Utah for ages "overachieving as team". When somebody will see piece of that, please let me know where to look!

And... why Hayard got that beard? I'm sure that it cost him at least 10% of shooting percentage.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 am

I'll admit being a whiner. Still going to the Rockets game.

I just wonder.... do any players think "maybe I should drive and shoot in the paint. " draw contact, lob to Favors, something other than catch and release is a protocol used in a game-plan other than fishing.

Marvin clearly will exercise his option next yr. He's one-dimentional. WATCH, next game Marvin will have a chance to run the break as an outlet on the wing. He fades to the three point line instead of being an option to dunk it or get fouled. Soft.

I agree completely ...sign Carroll now for cheap. He won't fill it up every night but man, he balls and will look for a payday then continue to ball. Heart. I've seen enough of him to know he'll not be "just happy to be here. "

Looking forward to Hayward vs Harden baby. If Lin outplays Mo I won't be surprised but first things first. Washington. Let's see what team wants it more. Losing to New Orleans with our supposed big men advantage was a JOKE.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am

...surly grumbling? Suspect

- Only real top tier teams get it done "48 minutes"; of course no one expects the Jazz to be there
- The team is a mess right now; just a fact
- Corbin's not getting it done; just a fact too
- Don't know what message Corbin's sending to his players; guess his players don't know either
- Favors not getting more minutes is a bad call in every aspect a coach can make a bad call

It's a sport game. I don't know how to be "pessimist" or "optimist" about it. It's just entertainment... it entertains me no matter what jocolor
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 am

I'm sick of mo's shootiong so much when we have guys standing under the rim for easy shots. To many one on one players. This is turning out to be me ball and not team ball! Not sure how many more games i can watch? Hope they all get there chitty contracts they're playing for! Looks like if Marv is gonna get his he need to turn into a junkyard dog?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 pm

jazz need to start the junkyard dog and bring Marv off the bench next game. Maybe bench will find Marv wide open under the rim? something has got to change or we'll be getting the number one pick! hmm mite not be a bad plan? let all those playing for a contract walk and start over with a top pick and a team that want to play team ball next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what have we learned so far   what have we learned so far Empty

Back to top Go down

what have we learned so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: