Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12

Go down 
+11
vryadli
MTJazz
Jazz Dog
TroutBum
outerspacefan
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
Professo_Sloan
Richardale
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:20 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Wow. Just, um....wow.

Finally, beat a very good team. Meanwhile, look out, Warriors, of all teams, are suddenly legit. Different thread but I went back and looked, and only Richard and CJ even mentioned Warriors as in the playoff hunt. But in the meantime, thank god Mo hit that shot, he sucked all night. This is a win to build on.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:21 am

Mark this down as exhibit A for why this years team is better than last years team. Last years team played the Spurs 8 times, and only won once when Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan were all sitting at home. Last years team never even really came close to beating a full strength Spurs team, at home or on the road. This was a really nice win.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 am

Fantastic finish to the game, can't believe I forgot to place my guess.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 am

Jazz win by 3.
4 players had 30+ minutes.

Great effort by the team as a whole.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am

I missed the first half, but what I saw was pretty darn impressive.
I have been pretty critical of Corbin...but I thought he made some brilliant calls last night.
The Jazz are really starting to come together. I am loving seeing people make the extra pass (even Jefferson).
Mo Williams tried too hard in the first month or so of the season (in my opinion), but I think he is starting to recognize his strengths and weaknesses and he is recognizing and embracing his role on the team. I like it.
Good things are happening in Jazz land. I am sure there will still be bumps in the road, but I like the direction things have gone over the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 am

This what that drunk waste of space Gregg Poppovich gets for playing Tiago Splitter, Nando De Colo, Matt Bonner, and Manu Ginobili that much. Those players suck!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

B. Liberation wrote:
This what that drunk waste of space Gregg Poppovich gets for playing Tiago Splitter, Nando De Colo, Matt Bonner, and Manu Ginobili that much. Those players suck!
From what i've seen in the past those guys your slaming had killed the jazz in the past! And pops in one of the best coaches in the NBA if not the best! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 am

Richardale wrote:
B. Liberation wrote:
From what i've seen in the past those guys your slaming had killed the jazz in the past! And pops in one of the best coaches in the NBA if not the best! cyclops

No kidding, He has a team full of scrubs and a 95 year old HOF player. He is by far the best coach in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Romoholic wrote:
No kidding, He has a team full of scrubs and a 95 year old HOF player. He is by far the best coach in the NBA.

Overstatement of the last 95 years!

Parker was MVP candidate. A 2 time MVP. A former 6th man of the year. Boris Diaw one of the best role players in 10 years. 7 players shooting over 40% from 3. That team was practically better than most Michael Jordan teams.

What did Poppavich do with it? Got drunk and choked home court advantage off 4-2.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 pm

B. Liberation wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Parker was MVP candidate. A 2 time MVP. A former 6th man of the year. Boris Diaw one of the best role players in 10 years. 7 players shooting over 40% from 3. That team was practically better than most Michael Jordan teams.

What did Poppavich do with it? Got drunk and choked home court advantage off 4-2.

If you think Diaw is better than Splitter I wish you were GM of every team in the Western Conference.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Anyway, against the Spurs, I think we saw something that showed in the Lakers game as well: a top-notch defensive lineup with Carroll, Hayward, Millsap, Kanter/Favors and Foye actually selling out on D. The group plays 5-man aggressive defense that attacks rather than stands around and waits to react to the offense. This is also an athletic, long and quick defensive grouping.

We've also got Evans to throw in there, who, while not really an aggressive defender, certainly changes teams' thinking about what constitutes a layup or viable short shot. If I were Corbin, I'd put that group in for closing games when we have the lead, rather than the "trading baskets" lineup with Mo and Al and Marvin.

I'd also consider putting Watson in unless it's against a Power PG like Westbrook. He fits the pestiferous mold of the lineup, doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm

B. Liberation wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

If you really believe that, there is no hope for you. Diaw is a piece of crap that was just about out of the league, until the Spurs brought him in to fill a role. I get hating the Spurs, because I do too, but they have had more success in the last 10 years, than anyone outside of the Lakers. Yeah they tanked to get Duncan, but Pops is the reason they have accomplished what they have. Outside of Duncan and Parker they only have maybe 2-3 guys that could even make the Jazz roster.

I could break down the whole roster and point out why, but I really don't think it would make a difference to you. I will say, you are the only person I have ever heard make such outlandish statements about Popovich.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Anyway, against the Spurs, I think we saw something that showed in the Lakers game as well: a top-notch defensive lineup with Carroll, Hayward, Millsap, Kanter/Favors and Foye actually selling out on D. The group plays 5-man aggressive defense that attacks rather than stands around and waits to react to the offense. This is also an athletic, long and quick defensive grouping.

According to 82games, Foye and Hayward shouldn't play together very much. Hayward isn't big enough to hide Foye's weaknesses. Every other combo is pretty decent. Unless it includes Burks at 2 or 3, or the Millsap 3 experiment.

Hayward off the bench and Carroll splitting minutes with Ma at the 3 has been good. So has playing shitty teams.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I will say, you are the only person I have ever heard make such outlandish statements about Popovich.

Because man I get enough rounds of miniature golf in to elevate my thoughts above the fray. Spend as much time as me in serene purity and you too can have the vision. You got to fight the evil dark magic voodoo too, but that neither here nor there.

Show me one play Popps runs an I'll show you who he ripped off. Mostly Sloan. It easy making less players look All Star when ya have 3 All Stars who ball together forever. Look what Nash done for so many careers. Look what Sloan Malone Stock did to Calbert Cheney and Shandon Anderson.

I give you this tho. Popps done an excellent job standing aside while Tim Duncan makes those players buy into the system and play hard all game every game. All Popps did was put in a standard NBA offense and let 3 All Stars run it to perfection. Anyone can do that.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 pm

B. Liberation wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
I will say, you are the only person I have ever heard make such outlandish statements about Popovich.

Because man I get enough rounds of miniature golf in to elevate my thoughts above the fray. Spend as much time as me in serene purity and you too can have the vision. You got to fight the evil dark magic voodoo too, but that neither here nor there.

Show me one play Popps runs an I'll show you who he ripped off. Mostly Sloan. It easy making less players look All Star when ya have 3 All Stars who ball together forever. Look what Nash done for so many careers. Look what Sloan Malone Stock did to Calbert Cheney and Shandon Anderson.

I give you this tho. Popps done an excellent job standing aside while Tim Duncan makes those players buy into the system and play hard all game every game. All Popps did was put in a standard NBA offense and let 3 All Stars run it to perfection. Anyone can do that.

Jerrys had some pretty good players but could never win the big one. Pops won what three rings? And maybe less talent? I remember end of half where Pops set up a play one end to other and it worked to perfection! Man gets the most out of all his players.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 am

Richardale wrote:
B. Liberation wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Jerrys had some pretty good players but could never win the big one. Pops won what three rings? And maybe less talent? I remember end of half where Pops set up a play one end to other and it worked to perfection! Man gets the most out of all his players.

Jerry had arguably a better PF and for sure a better PG with a better supporting cast and couldn't get it done. Of course that has more to do with Jordan then with Jerry's coaching. Well that and the refs that allowed Jordan to get away with murder both finals series. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 am

B. Liberation wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I might have to try that, but I'd probably throw my putter, just like I do my driver on the regular links Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12   GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS San Antonio @ Utah 12/12/12
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2