Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rodney Stuckey Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rodney Stuckey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leoverine
Rookie

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Could he help the Jazz? Could he make the Jazz better? He's not starting in Detroit, and they need a C. I heard Greg Monroe wants to play PF.

I like Big Al, and woldnt like to lose him, but would the team be better with

Stuckey + back up big man for jefferson + burks?

Or maybe, Millsap in Al's place, if Monroe keep playing C.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Leoverine wrote:
Could he help the Jazz? Could he make the Jazz better? He's not starting in Detroit, and they need a C. I heard Greg Monroe wants to play PF.

Read a recent interview with our new GM and he basically said that pretty much any trade for Millsap or Jefferson would make us worse on the court this year, an I'd have to agree with that sentiment, as fun as it is to talk about Turkey and Favors adn their potential, they still have a ways to go before they can consistently perform like big Al and Millsap.

It was actually kind of funny because he totally turned the tables on Gordon Monson (who was asking the question) and gave some great insight into the realities of being a GM...

Quote :

Gordon Monson: "What do you make of the idea, the notion (of needing to trade either Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson)?"

Dennis Lindsey: "...I would turn the question back to you guys. Let's trade one of these guys (Millsap or Jefferson) hypothetically. What would you guys have to do? You'd have to go to the owner and say 'we probably just reduced our chances to make the playoffs'...All four players (Jefferson, Millsap, Favors and Kanter) really like each other. Al and Paul have been mentors...so we have the capability to keep one or both of the veteran big men, so I don't think the die is cast. Philosophically, what do you want to talk about? ...we have four big guys who are very gifted and Ty has effectively managed that over a season and a quarter now and the chemistry is good. It's not like they're banging heads and demanding more, so the group has been really unselfish, the team is still finding itself, but to reduce a strength, we would want an awful lot for that, so I don't think it's a certainty at all."

So bottom line for me is that at this point I pretty much hate most of the trades people are proposing for Jefferson and Millsap, ESPECIALY ones that involve trading one of them for little more than a "backup" something. Like Lindsey said, if we are going to deal one of them and take a step back on the court this year then we'd better get back somthing more than one or two guys who aren't even upgrades over the other guys we have now.

On top of that Stuckey can opt out of his contract after this year, so to me a deal for him makes absolutely no sense.

I think any deal for one of our starters would have to include a starting quality player on a multi-year deal in return to make it worth while.

Right now I'm firmly in the "Don't trade anybody and lets see how this goes" camp.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Leoverine wrote:

I don't see how getting Stuckey would be much help (defense?). From what I know of him, he is a PG/SG tweener. The Jazz already have Mo & Foye (although Mo has looked a lot more like a real PG the past few games).

IMO Stucky is a good player, but isn't anywhere near Al or Sap's level, plus he doesn't really add anything to the team that is needed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Dont make a move, purely just to make a move. Stuckey is an average to good player. We have plenty of those, and we dont need what he brings.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
<...> Right now I'm firmly in the "Don't trade anybody and lets see how this goes" camp.

Right now I'm on the same bandwagon. Jazz can get things done with their 4 big dudes and Evans filling here and there as long as they continue to establish the long range shooting. Probably we just need Wheeler to stop look like his boyfriend leaved him Shocked Ok may be I'm a bit of a clown but I can't help it, dude looks so darn worried too much of the time Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rodney Stuckey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodney Stuckey   Rodney Stuckey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rodney Stuckey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: