Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Mo vin On UP? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mo vin On UP?

Go down 
+3
Romoholic
Richardale
Crunchtime1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Just noticed this over at Doug's stats: Over the last seven games Mo Williams has a plus 30 tendex/48mins, a measure of productivity similar to NBA.com's efficiency/48mins. The only Jazzman that has a higher tendex/48 over that period is Big Al at 31.53. Note: Normally this link below shows Tnd/48 for the last 10 games, but in Mo's case, he only played in 7 of the last 10 games.

http://www.dougstats.com/12-13/UtahJazzLF.html

Mo's tendex/48 for the entire season is 24.78 compared to this 30.53 for the last 7 games, so he appears to be on the rise. He is also number eight in assists for point guards.

There was one game earlier in the season (I forgot which team we were playing) where Mo took and missed four or five shots in the last minute and a half of the game and we lost the game as a result. At least two of the shots were early on the clock and not high percentage shots. That losing "heroball" performance by Mo had everybody shaking their heads. Now it appears that he is being a little more selective with his shots; he appears to be focusing more on getting the other guys involved and he is moving the ball inside first --- for the most part --- I think Laughing. Over those same last 7 games mentioned above, Mo is shooting 53% versus 45% overall and his assists per 48 mins are 12.8 versus 10.6 overall. Seems like there are some recent Mo stats here that are worthy of fermenting cautious optimism! Basketball JMO.

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Just noticed this over at Doug's stats: Over the last seven games Mo Williams has a plus 30 tendex/48mins, a measure of productivity similar to NBA.com's efficiency/48mins. The only Jazzman that has a higher tendex/48 over that period is Big Al at 31.53. Note: Normally this link below shows Tnd/48 for the last 10 games, but in Mo's case, he only played in 7 of the last 10 games.

Mo's tendex/48 for the entire season is 24.78 compared to this 30.53 for the last 7 games, so he appears to be on the rise. He is also number eight in assists for point guards.

There was one game earlier in the season (I forgot which team we were playing) where Mo took and missed four or five shots in the last minute and a half of the game and we lost the game as a result. At least two of the shots were early on the clock and not high percentage shots. That losing "heroball" performance by Mo had everybody shaking their heads. Now it appears that he is being a little more selective with his shots; he appears to be focusing more on getting the other guys involved and he is moving the ball inside first --- for the most part --- I think Laughing. Over those same last 7 games mentioned above, Mo is shooting 53% versus 45% overall and his assists per 48 mins are 12.8 versus 10.6 overall. Seems like there are some recent Mo stats here that are worthy of fermenting cautious optimism! Basketball JMO.

Last two games have been team ball. I love it. jazz play at a high level when they're each passing till we get a great look plus it make the defence work that much harder and takes away much needed energy over the course of the game? Fast shots lets other team off way to easy. Mo has done a much much better job at point the last few games.
Jazz are starting to find there grove i think.Three ball is great but it starts inside then out and around making the D work much harder. Last game the lakers where on fire behind the line. jazz would've won by 20 if not for the three ball.I'v ripped on Mo for quick shot and it nice to see he's starting to really lead the team in team ball.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:49 am

Richardale wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

Last two games have been team ball. I love it. jazz play at a high level when they're each passing till we get a great look plus it make the defence work that much harder and takes away much needed energy over the course of the game? Fast shots lets other team off way to easy. Mo has done a much much better job at point the last few games.
Jazz are starting to find there grove i think.Three ball is great but it starts inside then out and around making the D work much harder. Last game the lakers where on fire behind the line. jazz would've won by 20 if not for the three ball.I'v ripped on Mo for quick shot and it nice to see he's starting to really lead the team in team ball.

Yes, the last couple of games have really been fun to watch. I hope those dang Spurs coming to town on Wednesday don't spoil the party!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 am

I'm very pleased with Mo. He tried to do too much for a few games, but he has realized what the team needs from him. Mo, Randy and Marvin were all great pick ups. We really needed role players like Foye and Marvin.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 am

Romoholic wrote:
I'm very pleased with Mo. He tried to do too much for a few games, but he has realized what the team needs from him. Mo, Randy and Marvin were all great pick ups. We really needed role players like Foye and Marvin.

They really were. All of them reasonably priced, all of them solid producers. Love what we have been seeing from Mo Williams, for the last few games the Jazz have looked a lot like the team I thought they would be comming into the season, and I think a lot of that is because of Mo.

If he continues to play at this level I think you have to seriously consider trying to extend him and make him the starting PG for the next few years. $8-9 Mil a year is a reasonable price for a player of his calliber, espesially if he keeps shooting 45/37/90 and producing 9+ assists a game with an ast/TO ratio north of 3.

And just for fun, check this out....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=willide01&y1=2013&p2=willima01&y2=2013
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 am

Thas right thas right. Mo and Al are big time ballers. Jazz Nation don't care though they want to trade AL for a Gasol and bench Mo so Haywhite can get more minutes.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

With Mo I will remain cautiously optimistic. So far I am still having Devin flashbacks. One super stat is that his assists are going up and staying up...we all have known we need more of a pass-first PG to take advantage of all the offensive talent on the team. IMO that is what made Tinsley so effective even though he is pretty much a one trick pony.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 pm

B. Liberation wrote:
Thas right thas right. Mo and Al are big time ballers. Jazz Nation don't care though they want to trade AL for a Gasol and bench Mo so Haywhite can get more minutes.

Is that it? Just little racist remarks?? No substance? Kinda dumbing yourself down, no? Mmmmm, wow, so liberating. (pssst, also, Hayward isn't a PG....so, keep up.)

As for MoWill, once this trade was made, I was ecstatic. Thought he was the perfect fit (go back and check!! Smile, and knew that he would be bringing really good PG abilities plus his scoring inside and outside the arc.
Always felt that he was much more a PG, but unfortunately had been forced into being a SG on the teams he was on. Except for in Milwaukee, where he had some good seasons.
Knew then it was a perfect fit, and it's only going to get better.
Oh, also, love his attitude on this team.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am

TheMagnus wrote:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=willide01&y1=2013&p2=willima01&y2=2013

I watched the end of the Knicks-Nets game last night on ESPN. Both DWill and Joe Johnson had shots to tie the game in the closing moments and bricked them. DWill's shot was a missed three pointer, where he is only shooting 27% on the season on nearly six three point attempts per game. Apparently Deron's wrist is acting up again. Deron is still playing quite well overall, but not at the super elite level that he played at for the Jazz for a few seasons, and not at that super elite level that you want from a guy who is on his first year of a 100 million dollar contract --- imo.

Joe Johnson's efficiency/productivity relative to his mega contract is much more problematic than Deron's. Joe's tendex/48 minutes (productivity stats) are lower than Marvin's and Gordon's at the moment, and their tendex/48 stats at this time are nothing special--- less than 20, but hopefully will rise some and are alright for role players.

Lopez has been out for the last five games --- all losses for the Nets. If Lopez comes back healthy, Deron's wrist improves and Joe Johnson steps it up a little (a lot of "ifs" Rolling Eyes ), the Nets are a serious threat in the East this season, but right now, they have some problems.

Deron Williams isn't happy with his play
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/deron-williams-isn-t-happy-with-his-play-1.4285167
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I watched the end of the Knicks-Nets game last night on ESPN. Both DWill and Joe Johnson had shots to tie the game in the closing moments and bricked them. DWill's shot was a missed three pointer, where he is only shooting 27% on the season on nearly six three point attempts per game. Apparently Deron's wrist is acting up again. Deron is still playing quite well overall, but not at the super elite level that he played at for the Jazz for a few seasons, and not at that super elite level that you want from a guy who is on his first year of a 100 million dollar contract --- imo.

Joe Johnson's efficiency/productivity relative to his mega contract is much more problematic than Deron's. Joe's tendex/48 minutes (productivity stats) are lower than Marvin's and Gordon's at the moment, and their tendex/48 stats at this time are nothing special--- less than 20, but hopefully will rise some and are alright for role players.

Lopez has been out for the last five games --- all losses for the Nets. If Lopez comes back healthy, Deron's wrist improves and Joe Johnson steps it up a little (a lot of "ifs" Rolling Eyes ), the Nets are a serious threat in the East this season, but right now, they have some problems.

Deron Williams isn't happy with his play
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/deron-williams-isn-t-happy-with-his-play-1.4285167

That wrist injury is going to be the demise of Deron. What's this the 4th year he has been dealing with it? He keeps saying he just needs to rest it, but it never gets any better. That's a tough deal, because he obviously isn't the player he was before because of it.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

did'nt need that quick shot from Mo? no Mo meball!

Nice come back Mo. You make it you win if not OT. Just as long as you dont give them time to come back. 00 o clock and it goooooooes. good clock management.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

Richardale wrote:
did'nt need that quick shot from Mo? no Mo meball!

Nice come back Mo. You make it you win if not OT. Just as long as you dont give them time to come back. 00 o clock and it goooooooes. good clock management.

LOL. I have to admit I was cringin' when Mo had already missed two questionable shots in the last 1:20 and was setting up to take that third one at the end, but lo and behold, it went in! And apparently Corbin had given Mo the green light to take the final shot, so it was within the game plan. Interesting call. At the time, I was agreeing with Harp who said they should get the ball to Millsap. What a great win though!

Mo vin On UP? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyS582TkE_Xou9gGeqx-S6GM5d8sb6Zh6oRVGZdGcXLeWPhOwb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mo vin On UP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo vin On UP?   Mo vin On UP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mo vin On UP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: