Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! Empty
PostSubject: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Local radio station, 97.1, is hosting a contest to give away a free "grill" (dental work) to a person who gets the most votes on their website. There are pics of a ton of people who need dental work.

A good friend of mines mother is nominated for the new grill. She is #154. I'm asking for your help getting her voted in for the dental help. It's shockingly bad( and not for people with weak stomachs to view). Truth is, her pic is truly one of the worst in the contest.

Please take a minute each day, starting on Sunday 1/18 through 1/31, and vote for number 154.

Thanks

http://www.971zht.com/cc-common/gallery/photos.html?album_id=340747#/154/20249624

Last edited by zero24gravity on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dates for voting are 1/18-1/31)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 am

Ok, that's just nasty.

"The Human mouth is a disgusting place"
-Gurgle, Finding Nemo

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Ok, that's just nasty.

"The Human mouth is a disgusting place"
-Gurgle, Finding Nemo

Agreed. Not good to look at, at all. It's amazing how bad things can get when people aren't able to get things that most of us take for granted, like dental insurance.

I know this is a Jazz forum, and maybe it's because I work with families in need on a regualr basis, but I'm really hoping to get some support from my felllow Jazz fans on this one. Some things are bigger than sports. People's health is definitely one of those things. Even if you just vote once (starting today). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

done, but I probably won't do it daily.

I have been empolyed by the same company for years, with "full" health benifits, but like most companies nowadays I have to pay extra for dental insurance so I spent years without it. Truth be told, dental insurance is kind of a scam for most people, I'd say 80% of people would pay less for dental care in total without insureance than they would with it. It's biggest value that I can see is making people think "well I'm paying for insurance, so I might as well go see a dentist" instead of always finding an excuse not to go.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am

TheMagnus wrote:
done, but I probably won't do it daily.

I have been empolyed by the same company for years, with "full" health benifits, but like most companies nowadays I have to pay extra for dental insurance so I spent years without it. Truth be told, dental insurance is kind of a scam for most people, I'd say 80% of people would pay less for dental care in total without insureance than they would with it. It's biggest value that I can see is making people think "well I'm paying for insurance, so I might as well go see a dentist" instead of always finding an excuse not to go.

Thanks, +1 for you.

Yah, if all you need is preventative care (check-ups, fluoride, a couple small cavities, etc) then you probably do pay less if you go out of pocket. But if you need root canals, oral surgery, multiple cavities, braces for your kid, etc, then it gets very pricey & insurance makes it much more affordable.

There's no doubt that health insurance costs too much though. Sometimes I feel like I only work for insurance & child care costs!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

WTF? Got in on this late and somehow #154 wasn't in the top 10???

I don't think I've got the stomach for 10 WORSE than that one. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Trollificus wrote:
WTF? Got in on this late and somehow #154 wasn't in the top 10???

I don't think I've got the stomach for 10 WORSE than that one. Sorry.

They aren't worse.... just got more votes.

Thanks for the support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!   Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz Nation ....A call for help !!!
Page 1 of 1