Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13

Go down 
+7
Calgary Jazz
Trollificus
Richardale
Romoholic
vryadli
The Voice of Reason
zero24gravity
11 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 Empty
PostSubject: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

Can the Jazz keep this one under a 40 point loss? silent

Bonus question: How many threes does R.Anderson hit? (...Since they were so good defending the arc vs Houston .... yes, I'm bitter!)

Last edited by zero24gravity on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed spelling error)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Can the Jazz keep this one under a 40 point loss? silent

Bonus question: How many threes does R.Anderson hit? (...Since they were so good defeding the arc vs Houston .... yes, I'm bitter!)

For a second, I thought the bonus question was "Can the Jazz keep this one under a 40 point loss?" Very Happy

Jazz will win this one...and big.
Jazz by 18.
Anderson hits 3.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Jazz win by 15; R.A with 4 threes.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Jazz by 2

Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm

N,O by 4 and 4 threes! Suspect I"M pissed!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm

New Orleans by 32! No! Wait! Jazz by 34! No, wait! ummmm....

Okay, Jazz by 7. Anderson hits 5 threes.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:30 pm

This one is tricky. On one side Jazz should be pumped after such embarrasing loss and will try to repay the fans for no show last time. On the other side NO is back to full roster E.Gordon and A. Davis including and they do play quite well lately.
Ok, I hope Jazz will pull this one out by 3. Anderson with 4 treys.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

New Orlesns by 5, Anderson with 4 3's
Back to top Go down
PMartin
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

jazz by 10
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Jazz by 8.
3 threes for Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Jazz by 5
Anderson with 5 3pters.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Enes in for under 5 minutes scores and Ty pulls him? Sad Sick of not getting him more time.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm

All five starters are - in the +/- stat.

All five subs are +.

F corbin.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

Comcast screwed up their listing for the replay of the game, so I only got the first half DVR'ed. I'm glad that they won, but I was shocked to look at the box score & see that Favors only got 22 minutes. He was great in the first half & finished 15 & 6 in those measly 22 minutes (and a +9 compared to Al's - 10 in 34 minutes). WTF Ty?

Anyway, like I said ... glad they won.

Jazz won by 5
Anderson had three 3's
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm

I didn't see the game but I read that Burks had a good outing? Anybody want to elaborate on that for me? That kid is a mystery work in progress. And, is it just coincidence that the Jazz have looked far less than their best in the 2 games GH has been out? It appears they dodged a bullet and looked very capable of losing the game after otherwise dominating?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Didn't watch it either but probably no coincidence that the Jazz kicked ass in the 2nd quarter-when the second team overlaps the first and second quarters. Jazz had a 10-point deficit, largely with the starters, in the 1st. Then SOMETHING happened and the Jazz won the second quarter, more than making up for the initial deficit. Sound familiar?

Mysteries for me:

What does Kanter do wrong in his five minutes to be put on the bench the entire second half? What did Corbin see in that stretch, wherein the Jazz outscored the Pelcians-to-be by 6, to convince him playing Kanter was a bad idea? Kanter keeps playing well, and his time keeps going down.

What did Marvin Williams do to warrant 36 minutes of floor time? Presumably it was in the other 26 minutes when he wasn't contributing to the Jazz getting down 10 in the first quarter. Was it just the 5 fouls that limited DC combined with Gordo's absence? Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 pm

Trollificus wrote:

Mysteries for me:

What does Kanter do wrong in his five minutes to be put on the bench the entire second half? What did Corbin see in that stretch, wherein the Jazz outscored the Pelcians-to-be by 6, to convince him playing Kanter was a bad idea? Kanter keeps playing well, and his time keeps going down.

Dude, I've been singing that song all season on Kanter. He has consistently been putting good minutes on the floor yet Corbin yanks him no matter how well he is playing. Dude leads the team in FG percentage fer chrissakes! And his RB's per are better than most of the team. I know others, (um, Mags) have a strong opinion he is getting all the minutes he deserves and in fact Favors is the one being shorted, but I disagree. Kanter RARELY has an off night - he is good to go and not getting enough burn. Bizarre way to develop a 3rd pick!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:10 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I didn't see the game but I read that Burks had a good outing? Anybody want to elaborate on that for me? That kid is a mystery work in progress. And, is it just coincidence that the Jazz have looked far less than their best in the 2 games GH has been out? It appears they dodged a bullet and looked very capable of losing the game after otherwise dominating?

Burks was ok, he attacked the basket and drew fouls, which is what he is best at, and only shot one jumper which he made. Maybe it's just me, but he just does not look comfortable in the Jazz offense, and more than that it doesn't look like he fits in it. Seems like if he doesn't make his jump shots he misses them BAD. He doesn't look comfortable catching and shooting, which is a critical skill in the Jazz offense, and even when he attacks if he doesn't get fouled he's not finishing at the rim. None of that really changes from game to game regardless of how his box score looks. He's got the ability, but he has some MAJOR work to do if he is ever going to be a solid contributor for the Jazz, and that work isn't going to get done before the end of this season.

You are absolutely right about Hayward, and it's easy to explain. When he goes out every player that gets more minutes as a result is less effective than he is. With Mo out it was Hayward that stepped up to fill the void offensively, and he was doing an awesome job of it, but you take him out too and you have nobody with the ability to score consistently from the perimeter. Especially with the second unit, the group of Watson, Burks, DMC, Favors and Kanter is not good. Last night Corbin played the starters extended minutes so he could keep at least one of them with the second unit, and I thought it was a nice adjustment, but Marvin and Foye are not nearly as effective or dynamic as Hayward.

To Troll, Kanter made several rookie mistakes while he was out there, but lately his not getting time has got nothing to do with how he is playing. For the most part the Jazz Big 3 has been carrying the team, Millsap and Jefferson have been playing very well (especially Millsap) and Favors has been playing more like the guy we thought he was, so Corbin is shortening the rotation and playing Favors and Millsap more. That results in less minutes for Kanter, especially with Hayward out when they need the offense that Millsap and Jefferson provide.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Mysteries for me:

Dude, I've been singing that song all season on Kanter. He has consistently been putting good minutes on the floor yet Corbin yanks him no matter how well he is playing. Dude leads the team in FG percentage fer chrissakes! And his RB's per are better than most of the team. I know others, (um, Mags) have a strong opinion he is getting all the minutes he deserves and in fact Favors is the one being shorted, but I disagree. Kanter RARELY has an off night - he is good to go and not getting enough burn. Bizarre way to develop a 3rd pick!

Have you seen the way Favors is playing lately? Jeez man, and lets not forget he's also a 3rd pick.

I get it though, you've said it before that you've pretty much given up on this team, if I'd given up on them I'd probably want to see more Kanter and less Jefferson too, heck, I do anyways, but there's no denying the fact that Kanter is the 4th best big on this team.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Mysteries for me:

Have you seen the way Favors is playing lately? Jeez man, and lets not forget he's also a 3rd pick.

I get it though, you've said it before that you've pretty much given up on this team, if I'd given up on them I'd probably want to see more Kanter and less Jefferson too, heck, I do anyways, but there's no denying the fact that Kanter is the 4th best big on this team.

Don't get me wrong, I have in fact been impressed with Favors the last couple weeks, a nice surprise for me as I was beginning to think what we saw early in the season was the guy we were going to see the rest. And yes, it is Jefferson I would like seeing get less minutes to get Kanter more, particularly on the nights when Al does not have it going on at all. Sap has been a beast for the most part and deserves all the minutes he gets - I truly hope he and the Jazz can come to terms, (but isn't it fairly automatic that he is gone at this point, given he turned down the contract extension?) As for giving up on this team, I confess my confidence that this crew and coach is going to get to the playoffs is not real high right now, and given the number of FA's on the roster we know the team is going to be radically different looking next year, so yes, I would play the young guys more. But I'm not the coach or the FO, and obviously they see things differently.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm

MTJazz wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I have in fact been impressed with Favors the last couple weeks, a nice surprise for me as I was beginning to think what we saw early in the season was the guy we were going to see the rest. And yes, it is Jefferson I would like seeing get less minutes to get Kanter more, particularly on the nights when Al does not have it going on at all. Sap has been a beast for the most part and deserves all the minutes he gets - I truly hope he and the Jazz can come to terms, (but isn't it fairly automatic that he is gone at this point, given he turned down the contract extension?) As for giving up on this team, I confess my confidence that this crew and coach is going to get to the playoffs is not real high right now, and given the number of FA's on the roster we know the team is going to be radically different looking next year, so yes, I would play the young guys more. But I'm not the coach or the FO, and obviously they see things differently.

Millsap didn't take the extension because it was less than he is worth. The new CBA actually makes it really hard to sign veteran extensions because the extension is limited to 4 years total (including whatever years are currently on their contract) and 7.5% annual raise from their current salary. That means that the most the Jazz could (and did) offer Millsap was a 3 year deal worth about $28 Million. I think it was a symbolic gesture, just to let him know that they would like to keep him if they can, they knew he wouldn't take it. Millsap is in his prime, and given the kinds of contracts that were handed out last year his agent knows that he's basically guaranteed to get at least 4 year deal for 9 million a year, and could easily get a 4 or 5 year deal worth north of 40 million this summer. The Jazz aren't going to overpay, but I think they would like to keep him. I also think they would keep Jefferson for the right price, I just think they have a much better chance of getting that price with Millsap than they do with Jefferson.

The tables turn during free agency though, the Jazz then get the advantage over other teams with the ability to offer an additional year and bigger raises than other teams can offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13   GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS New Orleans @ Utah 1/30/13
Page 1 of 1