The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DC Deserves His Own Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 am

Trollificus wrote:
*sigh*

This is going to be like Calg's "Sloan ruined AK" thing??

Then I just surrender. We betrayed him. Just used him. Set him to work in the dank basketball mines for a pittance and then turned our backs on him.

Your faith in Millsaps flawless virtue and unflagging effort definitely out-passions (and out-sarcasms) my slight disappointment with him.

Well it did, until just then, when you nailed it for the #WIN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollificus
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:50 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Trollificus wrote:
*sigh*

This is going to be like Calg's "Sloan ruined AK" thing??

Then I just surrender. We betrayed him. Just used him. Set him to work in the dank basketball mines for a pittance and then turned our backs on him.

Your faith in Millsaps flawless virtue and unflagging effort definitely out-passions (and out-sarcasms) my slight disappointment with him.

Well it did, until just then, when you nailed it for the #WIN.

Boo-YAH!! And not hardly even tryin'. *runs around with arms up, to Rocky Theme*

Seriously, man, I understand what you're saying, and it's the more reality-based (as opposed to fan-reality-based) view. It's foolish for us to think for a moment that the players' view of their jobs, the league, the money, any of that stuff, is the same as ours. Players want to win (but recognize the overall league winning percentage is 50%), fans want them to win. The viewpoints diverge from there.

So, while it is absolutely accurate to point out his very valid reasons to turn down the extension and hit the market, it is also absolutely predictable that fans will be disappointed in that decision. Well, unless circumstances were such that we could showcase him in a way that would benefit the team and help boost his value.

That didn't happen, which is sad for the team, Paul, and us fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks for pulling a Mutang and highjacking this sweet thread, jerks.....\

Anywho. Love me some DC, as documented. Just had a thought about another reason why Corbin sucks Very Happy

DC should have been Thabo Sefalosha. OKC and their coaching staff knew what they were doing, and that is why Thabo has been starting for 3-4 years now. Not Harden when he was there, but Thabo.

Thabo=DC.
They are, or can be the exact same player. You look at their stats, and they both are guys that can hit a 3 a game, a few other buckets, a few rebounds, defend the opposing teams best perimeter player, and also on any given night will give you 2 stls and/or 2 blks. Only difference, is on that really good team they see it. On Utah, they're clueless.

So irritating that Jazz staff didn't and dont see it like OKC. And now we might lose our Thabo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:20 am

This was hands down my favorite quote from DC....

Quote :

"I’m a Utah Jazz until they don’t want me," Carroll said. "If I got the same offer and the same contract and all that, I’d be back. I love it here. I think I’ve built something here."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/56181712-87/jazz-carroll-mcneal-season.html.csp

Love that he's spending his summer here doing Jr. Jazz stuff when he's s free agent too, his actions back up his words. DMC needs to be back in a Jazz uniform next season, no if's and's or but's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outerspacefan
Starter

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am

If the Jazz don't want DC back next season then they're just clueless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 am

Also, not Kevin Martin starting either now, Thabo.....wait a sec.....Martin remind you of anyone? Great outside shooter, no defense really, can get hot at anytime......Foye maybe?? Hmm, so the recipe for success is starting the hustle/defense guy that can hit the corner 3 and NOT the automatic 3pt shooter??? Really? .....REALLY???!!!!!!! Pay attention to OKC at least Tyrone, ARGH!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Deserves His Own Thread   

Back to top Go down

DC Deserves His Own Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5