Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Millsap vs Dirk - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Millsap vs Dirk

Go down 
+3
Saint Louis
TheMagnus
aliveandkickin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ptaz66
6th man

Millsap vs Dirk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Drool, but only a little   Millsap vs Dirk - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 2:00 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
I'll take size along with jumping ability!!... but Millsap will be fine untill, and if, we ever get Saps skills in a Favors body.

So yea, went to the Suns game and Favors had his moments on defense, then on offense he just tries too hard. Without a good jumper he's just trying to get to the rim... It may take 3-4 yrs before he can be relied upon on offense. Saw them try to run the pick-and-roll on offense with him and he's not ready, turns the ball over if his path to the rim gets cut off. I just think he needs to shoot 500 jumpers a day and play alot of pick-and-roll stuff - then he'll come along..........and who knows, he may already shoot 1000 jumpers a day.

Poor Evans can jump, but his 194 LB body can't keep guys off the glass. Like him a lot but he needs some booty- which will probably affect his jumping a little.... Can anyone ever see Evans gaining 50 pounds? I can't. Can anyone ever see him starting except at sf- which he'll need to improve his jumper and moves to the basket? I sorta can, but I've never seen him take a guy off the dribble, so, maybe he needs to work on his handles as well... sigh.

That's like best case scenario for me, favors turns into upgraded millsap and kanter turns into upgraded jefferson. Makes me drool a little...

You need to watch the games where evans got run this season, he's done most of his scoring on jumpers and drives and has actually looked like a skilled basketball player, it's pretty remarkable.

I too find it fun to think and drool a little about Favors becoming an upgraded Milsap and Kanter turning into an upgraded Jefferson, then reality kicks in and I realize until the Coaches figure out what many folks have agreed with on this thread, the team will continue to have their efforts handicapped.

We all know the Jazz are better when they run, get open baskets when they are there or pull it out if not and run a passing, screening, cutting, assist oriented offense, with a low post option if the other options don't open up. Problem is the Coaching Staff all seem to have sometimers, where they sometimes remember the secret to success and sometimes go for stretches at a time, where they forget.

Until the FO begins to expect more from the Coaches, the team will suffer no matter who's on the court. But, ever the optimist I will continue to believe, hope and cheer we get better. What better way to learn patience?
Back to top Go down

Millsap vs Dirk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2