The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!
 
HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 1423
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 39

PostSubject: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Who gets more Points + Assists; Hayward or Millsap?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1090
Points : 1284
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 42
Location : Layton, Utah

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 pm

GS by 8

Gordo

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jazznation.forumotion.com
Trollificus
All Star
avatar

Posts : 553
Points : 684
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-05-03
Age : 97
Location : Sugarhouse

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm

GS by 11. Gordo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Voice of Reason
Admin
avatar

Posts : 498
Points : 617
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Jazz by 11.
Millsap.

(Edited before tipoff)
Probably not a smart move as it relates to my GTS standings, but lakers lost and, I'm just feeling something coming on.
Now, excuse me while I go take care of that feeling that is coming on.


Last edited by The Voice of Reason on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am

jazz by 6 millslap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calgary Jazz
Starter


Posts : 327
Points : 346
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 pm

GSW by 9
Millsap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jazz Dog
Rookie


Posts : 70
Points : 95
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Jazz by 4   Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Hayward has a big game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter


Posts : 382
Points : 473
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Jazz by 3
Gordo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 1423
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Aw crap, wish this was at home ..... hope I'm wrong, otherwise there go the playoffs....
GS by 6
Hayward
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Lets ROLL! Fakies lost to Clips, winning puts LA out looking in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:19 pm

I have no idea what Mo started taking but if he is going to go all Lance A on us, please share with O-For-Foye (OFF, I'm branding this one for Foye). I swear, there is no way in hell Foye should start on any maybe playoff team. He is just terrible, both sides of the ball. Its like that Marvin thing, takes a long time to dawn on the coach that, well, maybe...yes...he sucks. Great win for the Jazz, playoff intensity, on the road. This is the SECOND time all season the Jazz beat a playoff team on the road, so nice work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Now that was a solid win. Wasn't sure they had it in them.

Be interesting to see if they can get something going against OKC....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Now that was a solid win. Wasn't sure they had it in them.

Be interesting to see if they can get something going against OKC....

Well, if they can, I would call this once again a funny Jazz team...on...long off...on...off. The fact the Jazz are sweating the 8th spot is confusing considering how well we see them play sometimes, like tonight. If they beat OKC, awesome, we're in, but man, they are such headcases...what the hell is the secret with these guys, anyway? Or are they truly just an average team trying to make the playoffs, not a squandered season of talent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Now that was a solid win. Wasn't sure they had it in them.

Be interesting to see if they can get something going against OKC....

Well, if they can, I would call this once again a funny Jazz team...on...long off...on...off. The fact the Jazz are sweating the 8th spot is confusing considering how well we see them play sometimes, like tonight. If they beat OKC, awesome, we're in, but man, they are such headcases...what the hell is the secret with these guys, anyway? Or are they truly just an average team trying to make the playoffs, not a squandered season of talent?

I'd definitely say they are an average team trying to make the playoffs. For all of the maddening inconsistency everything about the Jazz for the last 3 years has been just about average and not too far off of "experts" expectations.

This is a team that has enough talent to be dangerous to anybody on any given night, but not enough of it to be dangerous to anyone every night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 1423
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Jazz won by 7
Hayward had the better points+assists

Good effort. They looked like they wanted it all game long.
And other than that stretch where Thompson scored over Mo 4 times, I even thought the coaching was good. The offense/defense subs between Al and Favors (who looked great) at the end worked out perfectly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
avatar

Posts : 498
Points : 617
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Great win by the jazz. I'm like mags...I didn't think they had it in them (until I decided to change prediction moments before tipoff)

Gotta go get OKC now. Once again, the jazz literally control their own destiny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Now that was a solid win. Wasn't sure they had it in them.

Be interesting to see if they can get something going against OKC....

Well, if they can, I would call this once again a funny Jazz team...on...long off...on...off. The fact the Jazz are sweating the 8th spot is confusing considering how well we see them play sometimes, like tonight. If they beat OKC, awesome, we're in, but man, they are such headcases...what the hell is the secret with these guys, anyway? Or are they truly just an average team trying to make the playoffs, not a squandered season of talent?

I'd definitely say they are an average team trying to make the playoffs. For all of the maddening inconsistency everything about the Jazz for the last 3 years has been just about average and not too far off of "experts" expectations.

This is a team that has enough talent to be dangerous to anybody on any given night, but not enough of it to be dangerous to anyone every night.

I suddenly am more peaceful. Life as a fan is much easier seeing the Jazz as an average team in the league making a spirited run at making the playoffs. The coach is average. The FO is average. The rotations are average. Life as a Jazz fan is average. Hey, it could be worse, we could be getting more ping pong balls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1296
Points : 1397
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 am

Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs. Mo still went all hero baller on us, but I'm pretty sure that's not the play that was called, but he was killing it all night and that's who he is so I guess we just have to take the good with the bad. I'm sure it won't be the last time we win or lose at the hand of a Mo Williams pull up jumper.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.


Last edited by TheMagnus on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1296
Points : 1397
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.

Wondering who is doing all the whispering into Corbin's ear now.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.

Wondering who is doing all the whispering into Corbin's ear now.... Rolling Eyes

Or what made him start listening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 1423
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 am

TheMagnus wrote:
He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day.

I already comment that I thought this was a well coached game, but I will disagree that taking Mo off Curry was a nice move. Thompson killed Mo even worse than Curry. And it wasn't just once, it was repeated over & over. Mo's shot was on, which was great, but his D against anyone he guarded was bad. He really is looking like the guard equivelant to Al.... he may get his, but his man will get those points all back. In his defense, being without Burks did make Corbin's job a little tougher, since he couldn't go to a Foye/Burks line-up. However, I still thought that was a bad move that was immediatley exploited by the Warriors, and not adjusted to quickly enough by Ty.

But still, way better job overall by the coaches. And as I said before, the offense/defense subs at the end between Al & Favors were perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
avatar

Posts : 729
Points : 812
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 am

Ya know what is crazy? I saw someone in another forum point out that if both the Jazz and Lakers won out and the Warriors go 1-4, Warriors are out of playoffs and the Jazz are the 7th seed. How nutz would that be? Not that the 7th seed would help the Jazz out much with respect to taking on SA or OKC, but then the Jazz would get GSW's pick at #14. I can't decide which scenario I like better - GSW getting karmic payback for last year's tank-a-thon or Fakies not making playoffs. Tough one, but Laker hate runs deep in my veins, I totally want them to become The Biggest Fail Ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1137
Points : 1423
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

MTJazz wrote:
Ya know what is crazy? I saw someone in another forum point out that if both the Jazz and Lakers won out and the Warriors go 1-4, Warriors are out of playoffs and the Jazz are the 7th seed. How nutz would that be? Not that the 7th seed would help the Jazz out much with respect to taking on SA or OKC, but then the Jazz would get GSW's pick at #14. I can't decide which scenario I like better - GSW getting karmic payback for last year's tank-a-thon or Fakies not making playoffs. Tough one, but Laker hate runs deep in my veins, I totally want them to become The Biggest Fail Ever!

That would be great, but knowing how the Universe works when it comes to this whole GS pick... they, would win a top 3 pick (it's a top 7 protected pick), leaving the Jazz with only a couple second rounders from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1090
Points : 1284
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 42
Location : Layton, Utah

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.

Wondering who is doing all the whispering into Corbin's ear now.... Rolling Eyes

I actually mentioned this to my wife during the last game. He doesn't play DC for like two weeks and all of the sudden starts giving him meaningful minutes. Curious!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   

Back to top Go down
 
GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Game On! - vs. The Golden State Warriors, March 4, 2011
» Post Game Thread - vs Golden State Warriors, Home
» Game On! vs. the Golden State Warriers - December 28, 2009
» Vegas Summer League: Game 4 vs Golden State Warriors
» Post Game Thread - vs Golden State Warriors, Away

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: