Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13

Go down 
+6
Trollificus
TheMagnus
Richardale
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
zero24gravity
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 Empty
PostSubject: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 am

Things got Chippy in yesterday's game.

How many Technical fouls get called in the game (not counting defensive three second calls.... just individual techs)?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Things got Chippy in yesterday's game.

How many Technical fouls get called in the game (not counting defensive three second calls.... just individual techs)?

Minny by 4

3 techs

(I actually think the Jazz are going to win, but they seem to win every time I predict them to lose, so I'm being a little superstitious)
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 am

Wolves by 7. No technicals.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am

Jazz need to nut-up and win this one, or may faith in them may be lost.
Jazz by 5
1 tech
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:37 pm

jazz by 6 two Ts
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Jazz by 3, 2 T's (assuming that Flagrant fouls count as T's)
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Jazz by 6. No explanation for why I think that.

No techs.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Jazz by 11   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:37 pm

4 technicals
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Jazz by 11.
1 T.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 pm

Jazz by 3.
I think Ty will get a technical, so, 1.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Well, as cliche as the term has become this is actually the first real honest-to-goodness "must win" game for the Jazz.

The Laker win over the Spurs means a loss tomorrow puts the Jazz out of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Well, as cliche as the term has become this is actually the first real honest-to-goodness "must win" game for the Jazz.

The Laker win over the Spurs means a loss tomorrow puts the Jazz out of the playoffs.
Damn spurs have our number. They can eliminate us from the playoffs without even playing us. Hell, without even winning.

(Yeah, yeah I know....technically we aren't eliminated.....yet)
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Damn spurs have our number. They can eliminate us from the playoffs without even playing us. Hell, without even winning.

Ya, quite a long shot at this point. Jazz have to beat both the T-Wolves and Grizz on the road, and LA has to lose to Houston at home for the Jazz to get in. The computers put the odds at 5% that all of those things happen.

ah well, it was a good run at the end there, time to move on the next era of Jazz basketball. The Jefferson/Millsap era is over, an era that I think is pretty compareable to the Post-Stockton/Malone AK/Harpring era, a short transitional period that was occasionally fun to watch but defined by mediocrity. Now, like then, the Jazz move forward with a solid core of young players, multiple draft picks, and significant cap flexibility. In the Summer of 2006 the Jazz were comming off a .500 season where they barely missed the playoffs, Dwill was coming into his second season, Boozer and Memo their 4th, AK his 5th, the Jazz had a great draft picking up Brewer (14) and Millsap (47), they resigned Matt Harpring to his last contract, and they picked up Derrick Fisher in Free agency. That era ran 4 solid years and died before it's time due to financial concerns and injuries.

This feels like the summer of 2006 to me, the year we really turn the corner and usher in a another great run of Jazz basketball.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 am

TheMagnus wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Ya, quite a long shot at this point. Jazz have to beat both the T-Wolves and Grizz on the road, and LA has to lose to Houston at home for the Jazz to get in. The computers put the odds at 5% that all of those things happen.

ah well, it was a good run at the end there, time to move on the next era of Jazz basketball. The Jefferson/Millsap era is over, an era that I think is pretty compareable to the Post-Stockton/Malone AK/Harpring era, a short transitional period that was occasionally fun to watch but defined by mediocrity. Now, like then, the Jazz move forward with a solid core of young players, multiple draft picks, and significant cap flexibility. In the Summer of 2006 the Jazz were comming off a .500 season where they barely missed the playoffs, Dwill was coming into his second season, Boozer and Memo their 4th, AK his 5th, the Jazz had a great draft picking up Brewer (14) and Millsap (47), they resigned Matt Harpring to his last contract, and they picked up Derrick Fisher in Free agency. That era ran 4 solid years and died before it's time due to financial concerns and injuries.

This feels like the summer of 2006 to me, the year we really turn the corner and usher in a another great run of Jazz basketball.

Do you think the Millsap era is over? Previously I had been fairly optimistic that the Jazz would re-sign him...however, it is becoming more and more likely (in my mind) that Millsap is gone. This scares me because I am afraid that the Jazz FO feel like they have to bring back Jefferson OR Millsap. If Millsap walks and Jefferson wants to be here....will the Jazz bring him back? I like Al as a person, but I feel like it is in the best interest of the team if Al walks regardless of Millsap's decision.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:12 am

Do you think the Millsap era is over? Previously I had been fairly optimistic that the Jazz would re-sign him...however, it is becoming more and more likely (in my mind) that Millsap is gone. This scares me because I am afraid that the Jazz FO feel like they have to bring back Jefferson OR Millsap. If Millsap walks and Jefferson wants to be here....will the Jazz bring him back? I like Al as a person, but I feel like it is in the best interest of the team if Al walks regardless of Millsap's decision.

There's only one thing that I am almost certain of, the front office doesn't feel like they HAVE to bring back anybody. Agree with you 100% on Jefferson. Whether or not Millsap stays depends on the market I think, because I think the Jazz want to keep him but won't overpay, so the question is what do they think he's worth?
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 am

TheMagnus wrote:

There's only one thing that I am almost certain of, the front office doesn't feel like they HAVE to bring back anybody. Agree with you 100% on Jefferson. Whether or not Millsap stays depends on the market I think, because I think the Jazz want to keep him but won't overpay, so the question is what do they think he's worth?

I am interested and very excited to see Dennis Lindsey get his fingerprint on this team.
I am hoping the powers that be give him that opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I think everyone wants to stay. I think thank god for Dennis Lindsey, because he's a guy that looks at all those advanced statistics that you're always bringing into play Magnus. I read awhile ago, that their defense was suffering in San An, and Lindsey made changes that dropped the offensive efficiency from like 1st to 6th, but defensive efficiency went up like 10 spots, or something like that. And that tells the story, that Paul is a great individual and team player, and that Al is not a good team player etc.

I think someone else pays Al alot, Paul gets resigned, Fav and Paul start, UnderKanter also gets a boost to 6th man basically, and one really good player is brought in, either new PG from the draft, or some other established high level player.

As for Corbin......Im just crossing my fingers.

Oh, and Jazz win tonight by 9, just to give us some futile hope. Could there be any other way?? And two techs.

**edit: VOR, looks like we're on the same page today...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 am

Jazz won by 16
No tech's were called.

Good overall game. They took it to the Wolves & made sure to keep their foot on their throats whever MN made a run.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13   GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Utah @ Minnesota 4/15/13
Page 1 of 1