Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz Griz game thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz Griz game thread

Go down 
+6
TheMagnus
thejazzkickazz
aliveandkickin
Mutangclan
Romoholic
Saint Louis
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

Jazz Griz game thread Empty
PostSubject: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I guess I'll start one of these game threads rather than continually posting of the Guess the Score thread.

very early into the 2nd Q and we're hanging tough. Favors is doing well for our 2nd string. Big Al did okay for our first string. Mo Will did an okay job defensively in the 1st Q, but didn't lead the Jazz offensively very well.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm really tired of Mo shooting BS shots at big moments in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Our second unit needs to continue pounding it inside especially on their second unit. We did a few times, Fav was awesome finding guys underneath, Burks had a great dunk. When our second unit is in, I really dont want to see any outside shots unless it's a kickout to Gordo after a double team down low.

Really disappointed in Millsap up to this point. Not seeing much from him, except for a few missed shots.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Down five in the third . Need fastbreak points or they'll lose.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Typical Corbin, letting the game get out of hand and riding guys that are playing like shit, Mo, Marvin and Milsap are all playing like garbage!

How about he brings in DC, Favors and burks, nah that would be too easy!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Pretty much Romo. Starters were 3-11 in the 2nd, and as of now a 3-17 in the 3rd. End the 3rd quarter 3-18, 4 turnovers. You think some changes need to be made?? Nahhhhhh, just stick with what isn't working.

No Burks, too late on Fav. And here comes Tinsley.....yea. Corbin gets down 14pts in the 3rd before bringing in everyone else but Burks. Sad man, just sad.

Paul and Mo are garbage tonight at both ends in our biggest game.

The energy group is needed NOW, DC/Burks/Fav even Evans. But, sadly again, no way Tyrone will do it.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, it's been a fun, albeit very frustrating, season. I think it's time to throw in the towel and start talking off-season. Thanks for all the great insight and commentary from our posters this season, this forum has been a nice refuge from the rest of the internet.

Here's to the 2013-14 season being better than this one has!
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Last minutes of the 3rd quarter. One thing I'm tired of hearing is, "This is what Memphis does." They're (the ESPN announcers) talking about Memphis' ability to shut down their opponents' offense. They're right, so I don't blame them for saying it. But, I'm really hoping the Jazz can prove them wrong.

I don't think substitutions of Burkes and DC would help much. Favors is getting destroyed by Zach Randolph, so, I think pushing Big Al back into action is our only hope.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Anyone want to explain to me why we aren't pushing the ball? Corbin is playing right into their strength!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Nice little run, but too late.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Hate to say it, but Paul is making no case for the jazz to consider bringing him back! Not just off this game, but the last couple weeks he has shrank away, while Al has carried the team.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Anyone want to explain to me why we aren't pushing the ball? Corbin is playing right into their strength!

Excellent point. We need to play like this is our last game of the season. Heyhay just did it and created an open shot for Al (but we were already in a half-court offense). We need to keep up the movement, but do it more quickly-- in other words, we need fast break points and solid follow-through. Trouble is, as the announcers keep saying, Memphis is completely geared to shut down their opponent's offense. 5:50 left in the game, and simple efficiency of Memphis' team looks like they'll pull out the victory.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
Last minutes of the 3rd quarter. One thing I'm tired of hearing is, "This is what Memphis does." They're (the ESPN announcers) talking about Memphis' ability to shut down their opponents' offense. They're right, so I don't blame them for saying it. But, I'm really hoping the Jazz can prove them wrong.

I don't think substitutions of Burkes and DC would help much. Favors is getting destroyed by Zach Randolph, so, I think pushing Big Al back into action is our only hope.

I'll tell you why, because what we were doing was not working. At all. Needed scoring, and Burks brings it. Needed defense, hustle and extra possessions, and DC brings that. The energy group of mostly young guys, WOULD have been great. Would have...These guys didn't even shown any immediacy until the last 5 minutes. Those guys would have been great......all season long....

Paul and Mo, to of our 3 "supposed" best players, have been garbage. Horrendous. They both even missed numerous freethrows. Terrible. Embarrassing.
And Corbin does not coach this team. Those wired-in listen in's to the huddle showed it all: Nothing. He said absolutely nothing. "Hey guys, push it. We need to be aggressive. And make sure we're aggressive guys." Please. NOTHING.
Fire Corbin.

This Memphis team is good. For Utah to beat them, they would need coaching. That is non-existant on this team.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Absolutely correct about Corbin! It disgusting that this guy is coaching this team, we have such a history of good coaching and they turn the ship over to someone that doesn't know what the hell he is doing!

Milsap doesn't seem to give a shit about losing either, Al seems like the only one really upset about it! I'm really sickened by this team right now!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, I'm too disappointed to argue with you guys, but I think you are wrong.

Two timeouts in a row in the 4th quarter Corbin told the guys to run on every possession. Did they? No.

Box score:

Paul Millsap 2-7 and -3. Al Jefferson 8-19 and -15, Derrick Favors 2-9 and -13. Randy Foye 1-9 and -10. Mo Williams 3-13 and -13. But ya, Paul Millsap was totally the problem here.

Now I think I'll go play some video games and get ready for what should be a very interesting off-season.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Two timeouts in a row in the 4th quarter Corbin told the guys to run on every possession. Did they? No.

Box score:

Paul Millsap 2-7 and -3. Al Jefferson 8-19 and -15, Derrick Favors 2-9 and -13. Randy Foye 1-9 and -10. Mo Williams 3-13 and -13. But ya, Paul Millsap was totally the problem here.

Now I think I'll go play some video games and get ready for what should be a very interesting off-season.

Then perhaps pull some motherf@*&ers out of the game and put guys in that want to do what they are told?

Not saying you are wrong, but its funny to me you have guys that love to run up and down the court, but for some reason they refused to do so?

Either way Corbin managed the game and rotation horrible.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Box score:

I think the difference with Paul though Magnus, was watching as his demeanor and boxscore both reflected the same thing: indifference. Could have used Pauls motor tonight.

However, I still think it's a case of nothing really happening on the court, with no coaching. "Run" is not coaching. Run is a good idea, and if he wanted to run, then why wasn't Favors and Burks in?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

I have recently picked up my first computer game in years, the remake of the classic "X-Com".

One of its' many great features is customizable soldiers.

I think a private named "Ty Corbin" is about to get blowed up by aliens.

(this kind of petty meaningless meanness is what this team has reduced me to. I may kill off a Foye and couple of Williamses too...)
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Box score:

Then perhaps pull some motherf@*&ers out of the game and put guys in that want to do what they are told?

Not saying you are wrong, but its funny to me you have guys that love to run up and down the court, but for some reason they refused to do so?

Either way Corbin managed the game and rotation horrible.

Or, if you have guys in who don't really like to run, and team NEEDS to run...put in guys who DO like to run. Of our starters, it's embarrassing to see Hayward out there running by himself so often.

Also, a question: Is Mo Williams the worst player to ever try and play the self-appointed "heroball" role?? I mean, admittedly, we don't have a lot of competitors for that role, but if we don't have heroes, maybe NOBODY should be trying to be a hero.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Trollificus wrote:
I have recently picked up my first computer game in years, the remake of the classic "X-Com".

One of its' many great features is customizable soldiers.

I think a private named "Ty Corbin" is about to get blowed up by aliens.

(this kind of petty meaningless meanness is what this team has reduced me to. I may kill off a Foye and couple of Williamses too...)

Don't forget to handle Private Milsap as well.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Didn't watch a second of the game. Saw from box score that DMC got a DNP-CD.
Like I said...I didn't watch a second...but in a game that appears (from box score & comments alone) to have lacked some hustle and energy we don't give our #1 hustle/energy guy ANY burn?
I'm shocked and disappointed. TyCo never ceases to disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Didn't watch a second of the game. Saw from box score that DMC got a DNP-CD.
Like I said...I didn't watch a second...but in a game that appears (from box score & comments alone) to have lacked some hustle and energy we don't give our #1 hustle/energy guy ANY burn?
I'm shocked and disappointed. TyCo never ceases to disappoint me.

Pretty much nailed it. Foye, Mo and Milsap, couldn't hit their ass with both hands, Yet Corbin rode them to the bitter end!
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 am

The entire team looked bad, including Wheeler and DFav. Probably Burks the only not really bad out there.
Dear off-season: here we go!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 am

I watched all but 1 of the Jazz' games this year (1 was missed by the DVR somehow), and even got to 7 live games. The only game I watched with other people (other than the live games) was last night "game".

SO FRUSTRATING. We all just sat there, almost silent through the whole thing. Not even being able to muster a complaint except a quiet "OMG" when they missed yet ANOTHER free throw, and an occasional "where the hell is DC?"

It was almost unbelievable. So little precision, such a lack of energy & urgency, an apparent lack of giving a damn. I thought they would at least go out swinging.... but nothing. If that was Al, Sap, Mo, Foye, etc's last game in a Jazz jersey, then they should be 100% ashamed. It was as if they knew that if they won, they were headed to a 1st round playoff disaster, and they wanted no part of it.

The players sucked, BUT ... (yup, here's the "but") Corbin is still terrible. It's the end of the road, a pull out all the stops game, it's do or die time, leave nothing on the court, don't leave openings for regret ...... and instead of doing anything & everything possible to get the win..... the team rides the Foye/Mo/Al + others group into the ground despite being terrible all game long. Mo's hand was obviously hurt, the dude missed three FT's! Give me some Burks, Gordy, Sap, Favors, DC please! Do SOMETHING...ANYTHING except the staus quoe! P-L-E-A-S-E. .... but instead, the team loses without even a whimper.

I love my Jazz... LOVE 'EM! But damn, what a disappointing all-around "effort" to close out the season. Bring on the lottery, cause it has to be less disappointing than the overall play & coaching of the team this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 am

zero24gravity wrote:
I watched all but 1 of the Jazz' games this year (1 was missed by the DVR somehow), and even got to 7 live games. The only game I watched with other people (other than the live games) was last night "game".

SO FRUSTRATING. We all just sat there, almost silent through the whole thing. Not even being able to muster a complaint except a quiet "OMG" when they missed yet ANOTHER free throw, and an occasional "where the hell is DC?"

It was almost unbelievable. So little precision, such a lack of energy & urgency, an apparent lack of giving a damn. I thought they would at least go out swinging.... but nothing. If that was Al, Sap, Mo, Foye, etc's last game in a Jazz jersey, then they should be 100% ashamed. It was as if they knew that if they won, they were headed to a 1st round playoff disaster, and they wanted no part of it.

The players sucked, BUT ... (yup, here's the "but") Corbin is still terrible. It's the end of the road, a pull out all the stops game, it's do or die time, leave nothing on the court, don't leave openings for regret ...... and instead of doing anything & everything possible to get the win..... the team rides the Foye/Mo/Al + others group into the ground despite being terrible all game long. Mo's hand was obviously hurt, the dude missed three FT's! Give me some Burks, Gordy, Sap, Favors, DC please! Do SOMETHING...ANYTHING except the staus quoe! P-L-E-A-S-E. .... but instead, the team loses without even a whimper.

I love my Jazz... LOVE 'EM! But damn, what a disappointing all-around "effort" to close out the season. Bring on the lottery, cause it has to be less disappointing than the overall play & coaching of the team this year.

I have to disagree with you about Al, but otherwise you're dead on. Al was giving everything he had and pretty much countered Randolph, but nobody else was worth shit. Gordo had his moments, but Mo, Foye and Milsap absolutely killed the Jazz last night. Corbin sat there and watched the disaster like a bystander. The extent of his coaching was yelling push the ball, make a run. Hell I did more than that from my couch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Jazz Griz game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz Griz game thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next