The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jazz Griz game thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am

Romoholic wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
I watched all but 1 of the Jazz' games this year (1 was missed by the DVR somehow), and even got to 7 live games. The only game I watched with other people (other than the live games) was last night "game".

SO FRUSTRATING. We all just sat there, almost silent through the whole thing. Not even being able to muster a complaint except a quiet "OMG" when they missed yet ANOTHER free throw, and an occasional "where the hell is DC?"

It was almost unbelievable. So little precision, such a lack of energy & urgency, an apparent lack of giving a damn. I thought they would at least go out swinging.... but nothing. If that was Al, Sap, Mo, Foye, etc's last game in a Jazz jersey, then they should be 100% ashamed. It was as if they knew that if they won, they were headed to a 1st round playoff disaster, and they wanted no part of it.

The players sucked, BUT ... (yup, here's the "but") Corbin is still terrible. It's the end of the road, a pull out all the stops game, it's do or die time, leave nothing on the court, don't leave openings for regret ...... and instead of doing anything & everything possible to get the win..... the team rides the Foye/Mo/Al + others group into the ground despite being terrible all game long. Mo's hand was obviously hurt, the dude missed three FT's! Give me some Burks, Gordy, Sap, Favors, DC please! Do SOMETHING...ANYTHING except the staus quoe! P-L-E-A-S-E. .... but instead, the team loses without even a whimper.

I love my Jazz... LOVE 'EM! But damn, what a disappointing all-around "effort" to close out the season. Bring on the lottery, cause it has to be less disappointing than the overall play & coaching of the team this year.

I have to disagree with you about Al, but otherwise you're dead on. Al was giving everything he had and pretty much countered Randolph, but nobody else was worth shit. Gordo had his moments, but Mo, Foye and Milsap absolutely killed the Jazz last night. Corbin sat there and watched the disaster like a bystander. The extent of his coaching was yelling push the ball, make a run. Hell I did more than that from my couch!

Well, is typical Al fashion, he had a good stat line, but had the worst +/- on the team, shot only 8-19 from the floor & took only 6 FT's (which, sadly, is actually a good day at the line for him).

I always watch the ROOT game feed, but last night I listened to Corbin in the mic on ESPN. He literally took one time out & simply told his players that they need to "get more rebounds". Really Ty? That's your big coaching speech? How about "score more points" and "pass the ball more"? Ugh, I give Jr.Jazz players better instruction than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 am

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
I watched all but 1 of the Jazz' games this year (1 was missed by the DVR somehow), and even got to 7 live games. The only game I watched with other people (other than the live games) was last night "game".

SO FRUSTRATING. We all just sat there, almost silent through the whole thing. Not even being able to muster a complaint except a quiet "OMG" when they missed yet ANOTHER free throw, and an occasional "where the hell is DC?"

It was almost unbelievable. So little precision, such a lack of energy & urgency, an apparent lack of giving a damn. I thought they would at least go out swinging.... but nothing. If that was Al, Sap, Mo, Foye, etc's last game in a Jazz jersey, then they should be 100% ashamed. It was as if they knew that if they won, they were headed to a 1st round playoff disaster, and they wanted no part of it.

The players sucked, BUT ... (yup, here's the "but") Corbin is still terrible. It's the end of the road, a pull out all the stops game, it's do or die time, leave nothing on the court, don't leave openings for regret ...... and instead of doing anything & everything possible to get the win..... the team rides the Foye/Mo/Al + others group into the ground despite being terrible all game long. Mo's hand was obviously hurt, the dude missed three FT's! Give me some Burks, Gordy, Sap, Favors, DC please! Do SOMETHING...ANYTHING except the staus quoe! P-L-E-A-S-E. .... but instead, the team loses without even a whimper.

I love my Jazz... LOVE 'EM! But damn, what a disappointing all-around "effort" to close out the season. Bring on the lottery, cause it has to be less disappointing than the overall play & coaching of the team this year.

I have to disagree with you about Al, but otherwise you're dead on. Al was giving everything he had and pretty much countered Randolph, but nobody else was worth shit. Gordo had his moments, but Mo, Foye and Milsap absolutely killed the Jazz last night. Corbin sat there and watched the disaster like a bystander. The extent of his coaching was yelling push the ball, make a run. Hell I did more than that from my couch!

Well, is typical Al fashion, he had a good stat line, but had the worst +/- on the team, shot only 8-19 from the floor & took only 6 FT's (which, sadly, is actually a good day at the line for him).

I always watch the ROOT game feed, but last night I listened to Corbin in the mic on ESPN. He literally took one time out & simply told his players that they need to "get more rebounds". Really Ty? That's your big coaching speech? How about "score more points" and "pass the ball more"? Ugh, I give Jr.Jazz players better instruction than that.

I think a big reason for the +/- is the third quarter. Milsap and Al were in almost the whole quater and Paul should have been pulled for Favors. Randolph was destroying him, yet Ty may no moves.

I don't put much stock into the whole +/- thing because everyone was garbage except Al last night. He was by far our best player on the Jazz last night.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

Romoholic wrote:

I think a big reason for the +/- is the third quarter. Milsap and Al were in almost the whole quater and Paul should have been pulled for Favors. Randolph was destroying him, yet Ty may no moves.

I don't put much stock into the whole +/- thing because everyone was garbage except Al last night. He was by far our best player on the Jazz last night.

That's not what I saw. I saw the Jazz down by 8 when Favors came in for Millsap in the 3rd, then Favors promptly gives up a bucket by Z-Bo (along with 2 offensive boards), turns the ball over on a 3 second count, gets beat again by Z-Bo, and then contributes nothing else as the Jazz roll into the 4th quarter down 14. Millsap was -6 in 8 minutes, Favors was -6 in 4 minutes, and Al was -12 in 12 minutes.

Also lost in this is that Jefferson was primarily guarding Z-Bo for the first 3 quarters, and gave up 7 of the 8 points that Z-Bo scored in the 3rd quarter before Favors checked in.

You're right, Jefferson got no help from anybody, and he did play hard, but this was a classic Jeffersonian performance in every sense. Great box score, terrible +/-, as he carries the Jazz on his shoulders to another dissapointing loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

That's not what I saw. I saw the Jazz down by 8 when Favors came in for Millsap in the 3rd, then Favors promptly gives up a bucket by Z-Bo (along with 2 offensive boards), turns the ball over on a 3 second count, gets beat again by Z-Bo, and then contributes nothing else as the Jazz roll into the 4th quarter down 14. Millsap was -6 in 8 minutes, Favors was -6 in 4 minutes, and Al was -12 in 12 minutes.

Also lost in this is that Jefferson was primarily guarding Z-Bo for the first 3 quarters, and gave up 7 of the 8 points that Z-Bo scored in the 3rd quarter before Favors checked in.

You're right, Jefferson got no help from anybody, and he did play hard, but this was a classic Jeffersonian performance in every sense. Great box score, terrible +/-, as he carries the Jazz on his shoulders to another dissapointing loss.

Great line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outerspacefan
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Al or Paul debate is beating a dead horse right now; they've already wore a Jazz uni for the last time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Voice of Reason
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Al or Paul debate is beating a dead horse right now; they've already wore a Jazz uni for the last time.

It's time to move on from both. Start Favors and Kanter and bring in a couple of backups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

outerspacefan wrote:

This ones not about Al v. Paul, just Al. And we're not beating the horse, we're doing an autopsy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outerspacefan
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:10 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

...we're not beating the horse, we're doing an autopsy.

Touché What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Griz game thread   

Back to top Go down

Jazz Griz game thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2