The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

bounce bounce Favors=Smoove=Pierce=Hayward+Teague. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Here's how.

Sign Smoove s-n-t $13.779.000 + give them the Warriors pick, Sap, & Marvin Woman.
--
Sign Teague 4 $9.040.00.
--
Kanter + Burks + #14 for Pierce. 15.33333333333333333333333333333333333BAR.

Ya bitchez that's right. Jazz still have ten million dollars to kill the league with. I say that gets Dizzy DeMarre, Andre Kirilenko, and Tony Allen. Who's gonna tell me that ain't a championship squad?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 am

Professo_Sloan wrote:
bounce bounce Favors=Smoove=Pierce=Hayward+Teague. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Here's how.

Sign Smoove s-n-t $13.779.000 + give them the Warriors pick, Sap, & Marvin Woman.
--
Sign Teague 4 $9.040.00.
--

Ya bitchez that's right. Jazz still have ten million dollars to kill the league with. I say that gets Dizzy DeMarre, Andre Kirilenko, and Tony Allen. Who's gonna tell me that ain't a championship squad?

Thats not a championship squad. Its a good team, but its not beating Miami or OKC.

Why are we going to give away a talented young big, a draft pick and Burks(who whether you believe in him or not, he's shown he can play in the league already) for a guy that will be 36 when the season starts??? Bad business....

I would be fine with the Josh Smith trade, I'd love it actually. Except there's no way ATL goes for it.
Teague for 9m is ok, probably better than Mo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am

I go back and forth on my desire for the Jazz to chase Smith. He's a helluva player, but shouldn't be the best player on a team that wants to make real noise IMO.

Teague? .... meh, whatever. He's young & got some skills, but as I've started reading up on possible Jazzmen for next year, he has not impressed me. In ATL he is noted for not being able to run an offense & having mental-lapses regularly. The team had to switch to a more playground style offense due to him not being able to run the Hawks offense (that isn't that complicated compared to other NBA team in the first place). If the Jazz were able to give him a 2-3 year deal closer to $6 million per, I might bite, but essentially handing the keys to the team to a guy with so many question marks on a big-money, long-term contract seems like a mistake to me.

No reason to bring in Pierce unless you truly feel you have a title contender NOW... which I don't see.

I do like any post that mentions bringing AK back though. (Although I don't see how $10 million gets you AK, Allen & DC.) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:36 am

Well, I think if we were the Lakers that is probably what we would try, thank goodness we are not the Lakers.

Burks + Kanter + draft pick for Pierce???? Only David Kahn thinks thats a good deal for the Jazz.

I actually don't hate the idea of trying to get Pierce though, or even Garnett, but I wouldn't give up Hayward, Favors, or Kanter to do it. I think the C's are going into full rebuilding mode this year, Ainge is ready to deal the vets to kickstart the process. He might face a fan revolt if he dumps Garnett and Pierce, but he's openly said that he's listening to offers and compared it to when the Bird era Celtics were aging out and how he would have seriously considered trading Bird at the end of his career.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollificus
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:

--
Sign Teague 4 $9.040.00.
--

I dunno if I'd go for AK over some middle-of-the-road big. But I gotta admit, that's some BOLD thinkin'...

Teague's a solid upgrade and we still got Fav and Hayward. Love Tony Allen.

Lotta ways to fill out the rest of the roster but Favors/Smith/Pierce/Hayward/Teague starting (or Allen starting and Hayward coming in at the 2 or 3 early) is hella athletic, plenty big and ballhandlers/passers/shooters/defenders all over the court.

Nice. I thought it was crazy talk at first, but the more I look at it...I realize you're just trollin' ya troll ya. Still, kinda fun to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:

--
Sign Teague 4 $9.040.00.
--

I dunno if I'd go for AK over some middle-of-the-road big. But I gotta admit, that's some BOLD thinkin'...

Teague's a solid upgrade and we still got Fav and Hayward. Love Tony Allen.

Lotta ways to fill out the rest of the roster but Favors/Smith/Pierce/Hayward/Teague starting (or Allen starting and Hayward coming in at the 2 or 3 early) is hella athletic, plenty big and ballhandlers/passers/shooters/defenders all over the court.

Nice. I thought it was crazy talk at first, but the more I look at it...I realize you're just trollin' ya troll ya. Still, kinda fun to think about.

Call it want you want but this strategy has plenty of merit, even if the Jazz would never proceed it. First off, you ignite the fan base with one of those Grizzlies or Warrior type teams that nobody wants to face in the playoffs. That's $$money in Greg's pockets. Second, you obtain desire able contracts that can be parlayed down the line into new assets.

The current strategy is to hope for draft lightening (a huge long shot) plus hoping someone will dump salary to you plus sign trade asset building. That too has merit but its a tough slog that has clearly pissed off the fan base.

Jazz have never chased after the Baron Davis types, nor really were in a position too, but they should consider doing it. Look at what athletic throw away scorers like Barbosa have done for the Spurs. Difference is the Spurs had the luxury of three all stars to fill in around. Jazz need two all stars minimum. How do they get them if not through radical, surprising moves?

I say go with Favors-Smoove front court, with Kanter a piece or trade bait. Ultimately I want him as a piece as he is the only longshot All Star potential, but if I can get a team that scares the league by giving him up then I do it in a heart beat. /essay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh, and I agree on run of the mill bigs. They are a seriously undervalued commodity right now. Take Brand or Hickson or even pay up David West. Favors-Smoove-West would be a sick 96 minutes combined, or even trade Favors too for ridiculous dribble crew.

Call me crazy, I want complete shakeup over this conservative building boringness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dongibby
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Man I can see that a lot of you guys are really high on Josh Smith but to me him coming to the Jazz could turn out to be a bad move let's face it Smith is a very good player but he is more of a PF than he is a SF. Now if the Jazz sign him to play the SF position I think it would be like having Milsap play that position they both are not that good at hitting the long range shots, that is one of the biggest reason's that the Hawks moved Smith to the PF spot. So unless the Jazz are going to give J Smith major playing time at the PF position I think they would be better off finding a guy that can hit the long range shot at a very high % rate, this is one of the Jazz biggest needs finding a SF that does in fact address this need who also plays good D along with a PG who can hit long range shots along with the ability to run the offense, the fact of the matter is the Jazz only have 6 guys right now under contract so they really need help at all of the positions but the SF and the PG spot's are the 2 biggest needs at this time and I think the Jazz should try to fill them with players that fit their needs the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 pm

dongibby wrote:
Man I can see that a lot of you guys are really high on Josh Smith but to me him coming to the Jazz could turn out to be a bad move let's face it Smith is a very good player but he is more of a PF than he is a SF. Now if the Jazz sign him to play the SF position I think it would be like having Milsap play that position they both are not that good at hitting the long range shots, that is one of the biggest reason's that the Hawks moved Smith to the PF spot. So unless the Jazz are going to give J Smith major playing time at the PF position I think they would be better off finding a guy that can hit the long range shot at a very high % rate, this is one of the Jazz biggest needs finding a SF that does in fact address this need who also plays good D along with a PG who can hit long range shots along with the ability to run the offense, the fact of the matter is the Jazz only have 6 guys right now under contract so they really need help at all of the positions but the SF and the PG spot's are the 2 biggest needs at this time and I think the Jazz should try to fill them with players that fit their needs the best.

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2013/05/14/bucks-draft-profile-giannis-adetokunbo/ This kid plays both sides of the ball and can play all five spots on the floor? Is he worth the 14th pick? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Thu May 16, 2013 8:52 pm

dongibby wrote:

A couple of things. Josh Smith is much more of a SF than Millsap was, and plenty of us wanted Paul playing the 3. Secondly, Josh Smith may have had PF next to his name, but he is a wing player. He's not known as a post up guy, he's a slasher/finisher/wing scorer type.

Atlanta was forced to play Josh at the 4 because they were also forced to play Horford at the 5. Neither of them liked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dongibby
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Fri May 17, 2013 10:04 am

Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

A couple of things. Josh Smith is much more of a SF than Millsap was, and plenty of us wanted Paul playing the 3. Secondly, Josh Smith may have had PF next to his name, but he is a wing player. He's not known as a post up guy, he's a slasher/finisher/wing scorer type.

Atlanta was forced to play Josh at the 4 because they were also forced to play Horford at the 5. Neither of them liked it.

I myself wanted the Jazz to play Milsap more at the SF but again not being able to hit the long range shots keep's them from doing it, when he play's SF team's are able to layoff of him and protect the paint making it harder for the Jazz big's to maneuver in the lane.

This is pretty much the same reason the Hawk's where forced to move J Smith to the PF position, his inability to hit outside shot's, like it or not in today's NBA a SF has to hit's from long range if not it makes the game a lot harder for everyone involved. Think about it that is why the Jazz made the trade to get Marv Williams here as their starting SF his outside shot that is what today's NBA wants and need's from the SF position. It is clear that you really like Smith and that is fine but in my opinion he just don't fit into what I think the Jazz are looking to do, right or wrong that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

Professo_Sloan wrote:

--
Sign Teague 4 $9.040.00.
--

Sap is a free agent and can go any where like smoove and they just traded Marvin to us last year so why would they want him back? I bet if Bean town would trade pierce for the 14th pick straight across they'd jump all over that, So why dump Kanter @ Burks into a deal if your not getting Rondo in it? Ten mill mite get you Ak back who looked pretty happy to move on, Who is making ten mill with T wolves right now. Ok its time to put the crack pipe down and step away from your PC!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Sat May 18, 2013 10:32 am

dongibby wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I myself wanted the Jazz to play Milsap more at the SF but again not being able to hit the long range shots keep's them from doing it, when he play's SF team's are able to layoff of him and protect the paint making it harder for the Jazz big's to maneuver in the lane.

This is pretty much the same reason the Hawk's where forced to move J Smith to the PF position, his inability to hit outside shot's, like it or not in today's NBA a SF has to hit's from long range if not it makes the game a lot harder for everyone involved. Think about it that is why the Jazz made the trade to get Marv Williams here as their starting SF his outside shot that is what today's NBA wants and need's from the SF position. It is clear that you really like Smith and that is fine but in my opinion he just don't fit into what I think the Jazz are looking to do, right or wrong that's my opinion.

Completely disagree with alot of this.
Paul didn't play the 3 because he couldn't keep up with SF's, not because he couldn't hit a 3. The game plan was to utilize the size down low with him in there.

Second, you need SOMEONE to be able to do it, doesn't have to be the guy at the 3 spot. Sure it helps, but it's not completely necessary. If you have two guys down low that need to be doubled, and the two guards outside that have to be defended, then the 3 is left to do whatever else, ie slash, backdoor etc.

The Jazz made the trade to get Marvin bc they did NOT need Devin anymore but also need 3pt shooting. But they addressed it with 3 added 3pt shooters.

And the Hawks had to play Josh at the 4, because they never had a Center, so Horford had to play the 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 pm

dongibby wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I'm with you on this one, Don. Except I thought Millsap's minutes at the 3 should be few and far between. Josh Smith is not an incredible PF, not a decent backup Center, and not a good option as a SF. Millsap is at least a decent PF, and decent backup Center, and, a decent backup SF. Is Smith a better pure PF than Millsap? Maybe. Is he better at either moving up to Center or down to SF? No. IMO, Millsap's defense is better at all three positions than Smiths. Smith might have better numbers, but, the numbers don't tell the entire story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

The Jazz need to change the dynamic of the team by turning over the keys to the young guys and building a roster one piece at a time. Contract's are as critical as the player anymore, one bad move can kill the franchise.
I'd go like this.
Favors, Burk, Kanter and Hayward should be the foundation of the team. Marv will most likely stay and Jeremy is under contract too, that's 6. Two no-brainers would be Foye and DC, both low cost high value players. Pay Foye a premium to sign a one year contrat then next year at this time Marv and Foyes contracts could go away (probably $10-11 million to use for something else) that's 8 players that fit the roster well.
That leaves an elite point guard, a back up point guard, a SG/SF player and a big that can play PF/C.
Get a back up PG and a decent SG/SF through the draft and then look hard at the starting point guard and the PF/C, watch contract's. For example if Paul wanted to come here, his contract, amount and length would be crazy to take on for one player.
My best case dream scenario would be Ainge call KOC and say they want to do a sign and trade Rondo for Jefferson, pick up Schroder and Caldwell-Pope in the draft and then steal Splitter away from the Spurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 pm

rorybreaker wrote:

Favors, Burk, Kanter and Hayward should be the foundation of the team.
Two no-brainers would be Foye and DC, both low cost high value players.

My best case dream scenario would be Ainge call KOC and say they want to do a sign and trade Rondo for Jefferson, pick up Schroder and Caldwell-Pope in the draft and then steal Splitter away from the Spurs.

I'm on board with this in a heartbeat. Scoring bigs, scoring wings, defensive bigs, defensive wings. All we need is a distributor and 5th defender. MONEY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!   

Back to top Go down

Okay. Modified Jazz SuperTeam Championship Next Year!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1