Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche Empty
PostSubject: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:11 am

Kobe Bryant is suing his mom...

Quote :

A New Jersey auction house filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Camden on Thursday for the right to sell the stuff after the NBA star's lawyers wrote the firm telling it to cancel a planned June auction.

The disagreement is a high-value, high-profile version of a question many families face: Can Mom get rid of the stuff a grown child left at home?

In this case, the 900 mementos happen to be worth upward of $1.5 million.

Among the first 100 or so items Pamela Bryant intends to sell: the NBA star's jerseys, practice gear and sweatsuits from Lower Merion High School; varsity letters; a trophy for being the outstanding player at the 1995 Adidas ABCD basketball camp; and a signed basketball from the 2000 NBA championship game.

And then there are rings, for the 1996 Pennsylvania high school championship, a pair that the Lakers made for Bryant's parents for the 2000 NBA championship and one from the 1998 NBA All-Star game.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9238503/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-battles-mom-nj-business-auction

Clearly this is not a healthy relationship, what kind of mom who is proud of their kid would just sell stuff like State and NBA championship rings?

At the same time, only a grade a douche bag sues their own mom. Especially when he could just send a minion to the auction and buy the whole lot with money he found in his couch cushions. Classless.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:24 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Kobe Bryant is suing his mom...

Quote :

A New Jersey auction house filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Camden on Thursday for the right to sell the stuff after the NBA star's lawyers wrote the firm telling it to cancel a planned June auction.

The disagreement is a high-value, high-profile version of a question many families face: Can Mom get rid of the stuff a grown child left at home?

In this case, the 900 mementos happen to be worth upward of $1.5 million.

Among the first 100 or so items Pamela Bryant intends to sell: the NBA star's jerseys, practice gear and sweatsuits from Lower Merion High School; varsity letters; a trophy for being the outstanding player at the 1995 Adidas ABCD basketball camp; and a signed basketball from the 2000 NBA championship game.

And then there are rings, for the 1996 Pennsylvania high school championship, a pair that the Lakers made for Bryant's parents for the 2000 NBA championship and one from the 1998 NBA All-Star game.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9238503/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-battles-mom-nj-business-auction

Clearly this is not a healthy relationship, what kind of mom who is proud of their kid would just sell stuff like State and NBA championship rings?

At the same time, only a grade a douche bag sues their own mom. Especially when he could just send a minion to the auction and buy the whole lot with money he found in his couch cushions. Classless.

Yeah I just finished reading that on fox sports. I don't know the insides of this story, but I can tell you, if I had even 5% of the money Kobe has, my mom wouldn't have to worry about selling stuff. She would be 100% set.

It's not like this is some NBA player, whose dad left when he was a baby and showed back up with his hand out, when the player hit it big time. It's the mother who raised him in a very comfortable home.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Both parties are out af control and its sad.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Actually.............I can't believe I'm going to say this...............I.........um.........uh........I uh............well, um..............I agree........see um...............I agree with Kobe! Ugh, that taste in my mouth.

I mean whats the guy to do? What mom would sell off his stuff when money is not an issue?? Thats terrible.

Secondly, she already has a contract in place with that company for his stuff. Kobe has to sue to break that contract.
His mom is shitty......but for once.....blechhhhh!!!! Kobe isn't.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Actually.............I can't believe I'm going to say this...............I.........um.........uh........I uh............well, um..............I agree........see um...............I agree with Kobe! Ugh, that taste in my mouth.

I mean whats the guy to do? What mom would sell off his stuff when money is not an issue?? Thats terrible.

Secondly, she already has a contract in place with that company for his stuff. Kobe has to sue to break that contract.
His mom is shitty......but for once.....blechhhhh!!!! Kobe isn't.

Yea but come on why the hell aint he got all his chit out by not? He's not 20 and i'm sure the dude has plenty room at his house for all that stuff? lol.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:22 am

I have to agree with Mu here.

She wasn't poor when he was a kid, and isn't poor now, and I mean, WTF??

And if Kobe has contractual obligations regarding his old memorabilia and childhood crap, he's kind of screwed here. I also doubt she has possession of the stuff because he pleaded "not enough room" and asked her to please keep it for him.

Not just the NBA, either. The Cowboys' Tyron Smith had to call 911 on his siblings and get a restraining order against his step-father because of continual demands for money. It's an ugly situation, and contributes to a lot of these guys being broke 5 years after they're out of the league. Always hear a lot of semi-racist crap about drugs and stupidity and immaturity when that happens, and maybe for some, those things have an effect (yeah, 10 luxury cars is stupid even if you're making $5 mill per), but this intrafamilial parasitism is a really tragic factor for way too many of these kids.

Side note: Some families are different. I remember when my boys were little, telling them some story that revolved around a disputed inheritance, and having to explain how that worked. Then I asserted "But we'd never do that, would we?"

They answered simultaneously, my sweet-hearted younger son saying "Because we're not greedy!" and my hard-ass scientist son explaining "Because we don't HAVE anything!". Heh. Kind of encapsulated their little personalities, right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche   Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche Empty

Back to top Go down

Kobe Bryant: Legendary Douche
Page 1 of 1