The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star

PostSubject: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sat May 18, 2013 9:55 pm

LOL!!

My predictions that the Knicks will be an ongoing source of schadenfreude and anti-rooting pleasure would seem to be accurate. They not only lost, but lost in such a way that their delusional fans will almost certainly say (inaccurately) "We were so close to a championship last year! The refs stole Game 6 from us! We just need to add a couple of pieces...and Amare' to come back healthy. And a draft pick. That's all.".

Hell, Dolan's dumb enough to believe it.

And Steven A demonstrates Knickfan Delusion at its weirdest:

"I dunno what they gonna do. They got a lof of old guys oughta retire...they capped out. An they betta hope nobody come in and offer JR $30, 40 million...but the odds o' that happenin' really went down this last couple weeks, coz JR played so awful in the postseason. So they got that..." Then I think he realized he was actually trying to make JRs meltdown into ...a Silver Lining of some sort. LOLOLOL.

(Hell, that's probably on YouTube alreaedy.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Trollificus wrote:
LOL!!

My predictions that the Knicks will be an ongoing source of schadenfreude and anti-rooting pleasure would seem to be accurate. They not only lost, but lost in such a way that their delusional fans will almost certainly say (inaccurately) "We were so close to a championship last year! The refs stole Game 6 from us! We just need to add a couple of pieces...and Amare' to come back healthy. And a draft pick. That's all.".

"I dunno what they gonna do. They got a lof of old guys oughta retire...they capped out. An they betta hope nobody come in and offer JR $30, 40 million...but the odds o' that happenin' really went down this last couple weeks, coz JR played so awful in the postseason. So they got that..." Then I think he realized he was actually trying to make JRs meltdown into ...a Silver Lining of some sort. LOLOLOL.

Hah, you could have stopped with "Steven A Smith said," and I would have been prepared to laugh already. That guy must have been hired to sensationalize any bandwagon on network coverage of the NBA! He's definitely a schmoozer, not a newser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollificus
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah, and he's a huge Knicks fan, IIRC.

Man, I'd rather be a Jazz fan than a Knicks fan right about now. I mean...Watson and Tinsley are off the books, but Jason Kidd has two years left with the Knicks...till 2015...at which time, John Stocktons' assisst record will be...even more out of sight than it is now, Kidd's visison fading faster than his assist total is catching up.

And they're handing out $20 mill to the Ghost of Zombie Amar'e Stoudemire lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romoholic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sun May 19, 2013 4:39 am

Funny because not too long ago he was calling the Knicks the "truth" whatever that means.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9149140/new-york-knicks-turn-eastern-conference-two-team-race-finals-berth

Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 am

Trollificus wrote:

Man, I'd rather be a Jazz fan than a Knicks fan right about now. I mean...Watson and Tinsley are off the books, but Jason Kidd has two years left with the Knicks...till 2015...at which time, John Stocktons' assisst record will be...even more out of sight than it is now, Kidd's visison fading faster than his assist total is catching up.

Man, easily, unless you're a fan of the Heat, OKC, Memphis, GS or Indiana, Jazz fans and the organization are in a primo spot. The two highest payrolls, Lakers and Knicks, are in the worst spots: no assets, locked into heavy long term contracts, old ass players they have to carry for 2-3 more years.....TERRIBLE. Couldn't be finer. Utah has assets, talented youth, direction and are getting better every year and coming up on those other teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Man, easily, unless you're a fan of the Heat, OKC, Memphis, GS or Indiana, Jazz fans and the organization are in a primo spot. The two highest payrolls, Lakers and Knicks, are in the worst spots: no assets, locked into heavy long term contracts, old ass players they have to carry for 2-3 more years.....TERRIBLE. Couldn't be finer. Utah has assets, talented youth, direction and are getting better every year and coming up on those other teams.

Kobe's injury has a HUGE silver lining though. The Lakers can now amnesty him, with no loss on the court for the team (since he is probably out for the season) and Kobe still gets paid. Then the Lakers can use some of that salary space to sign a good FA. The Knicks on the other hand are screwed unless some dumb ass team bails them out with a stupid trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Kobe's injury has a HUGE silver lining though. The Lakers can now amnesty him, with no loss on the court for the team (since he is probably out for the season) and Kobe still gets paid. Then the Lakers can use some of that salary space to sign a good FA. The Knicks on the other hand are screwed unless some dumb ass team bails them out with a stupid trade.

Damn! Another super-solid insight! Fuggin Lakers amnesty Kobe. Of course. Despite everything wished or desired by Sir Kobe himself, he is done, his NBA career is either over or about to become Hollywood X 2, The Comeback. But if you are the Fakies, what you gonna do? You clear Kobe, hook up on two killer free agents for his price-of-one contract space. (Or one CP3 plus assorted ring whores), and boom, you are relevant again. Let Dwight walk and..boom..who the fug knows outside this is the Lakers, this is Hollywood entertainment, and they are not going to fade away into the night. Knicks? Nice story, but they are screwed with next.

How bout them Grizz?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   Mon May 20, 2013 7:51 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Trollificus wrote:
LOL!!

Hah, you could have stopped with "Steven A Smith said," and I would have been prepared to laugh already. That guy must have been hired to sensationalize any bandwagon on network coverage of the NBA! He's definitely a schmoozer, not a newser.

Actually, he should have stopped BEFORE "Steven A. Smith said...". Then I would not have had to read what Steven A. Smith said. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.   

Back to top Go down

Steven A Smith sucks at silver lininging.
Page 1 of 1