The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Starting the year without.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star

PostSubject: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:32 am

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/01/marvin-williams-surgery-utah-jazz-achilles/ Will be a Jazz man but will miss the start of the season. Get will Marvin. Jazz maybe looking at drafting a SF with MM missing part of the year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero24gravity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:56 am

Richardale wrote:
http://nba.si.com/2013/06/01/marvin-williams-surgery-utah-jazz-achilles/ Will be a Jazz man but will miss the start of the season. Get will Marvin. Jazz maybe looking at drafting a SF with MM missing part of the year?

Well, this makes Marv practically untradeable, so that sucks. Hopefully the Jazz push hard to resign Carroll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:13 am

This is fantastic. Not only does it assure that Corbin wont throw Marv in the starting lineup now, but it seems like a no brainer to resign Carroll. They still have to pay Marv, and DMC will come very cheap considering. So it's a great fit.
AND, he'll probably start FINALLY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 am

Mutangclan wrote:
This is fantastic. Not only does it assure that Corbin wont throw Marv in the starting lineup now, but it seems like a no brainer to resign Carroll. They still have to pay Marv, and DMC will come very cheap considering. So it's a great fit.

Remember when Phoenix contacted Raja Bell, back when he was a good player, at midnight plus one second and signed him away from the Jazz before the Jazz even made an offer? I am a little worried that this could happen with Demarre. He and Hornacek have a close relationship. Demarre credits Hornacek with giving him confidence in his shot. I hope the Jazz are not too complacent about resigning Demarre like they were with Raja back in 2005.

Regarding Marv's injury, I briefly caught some local sports radio show yesterday discussing whether the Jazz improperly played Mavin with an injury last season and made the injury worse. Sadly, my first thought was "Gee, Corbin had a great excuse gift wrapped to him to sit Marvin or play him less minutes, and he failed to jump on it".

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Remember when Phoenix contacted Raja Bell, back when he was a good player, at midnight plus one second and signed him away from the Jazz before the Jazz even made an offer? I am a little worried that this could happen with Demarre. He and Hornacek have a close relationship. Demarre credits Hornacek with giving him confidence in his shot. I hope the Jazz are not too complacent about resigning Demarre like they were with Raja that season.

Regarding Marv's injury, I briefly caught some local sports radio show yesterday discussing whether the Jazz improperly played Mavin with an injury last year and made it worse. Sadly, my first thought was "Gee, Corbin had a great excuse gift wrapped to him to sit Marvin or play him less minutes last season, and he failed to jump on it".

UGH!!! You B*stard!!!! You're right. PHX has been very unhappy with their SG/SF position with Beasley first and foremost, and also didn't like Dudley. So PJ Tucker was getting the minutes, which really is an extrememly similar player to DMC.
But, damnit. That would make sense for PHX/Horny/DMC to unite and Beasley to see how to work etc......
With this injury they had better feel the urgency in getting in wrapped up. Sad that it took this injury for them to see it, if so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 am

Mutangclan wrote:

UGH!!! You B*stard!!!! You're right. PHX has been very unhappy with their SG/SF position with Beasley first and foremost, and also didn't like Dudley. So PJ Tucker was getting the minutes, which really is an extrememly similar player to DMC.

Yeah, I didn't look at Phoenix' situation other than to recognize the DC-Hornacek connection. Maybe they already have plenty of SFs and I am worrying too much. Horny probably isn't likely to start out his head coaching career poaching the Jazz unless there is really a pressing need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dongibby
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 am

zero24gravity wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Well, this makes Marv practically untradeable, so that sucks. Hopefully the Jazz push hard to resign Carroll.

I don't think he is untradeable at all with his contract ending at season's end and with him being injured the insurance will kick in and pay his salary so I think that will help the Jazz in a trade with team's knowing they won't have to pay any of his salary and it all comes off of the books at the end of the season I think it will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:32 am

Mutangclan wrote:
I hate to see it come because of an injury, I like Marv, but I think this should for sure bring DC back and also get more minutes for Jeremy. I wouldn't start DC but still make it so he gets 30 minutes a game along with Alec and Hayward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting the year without.   

Back to top Go down

Starting the year without.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1