Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  NBA should refund fine against Popovich Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBA should refund fine against Popovich

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

NBA should refund fine against Popovich Empty
PostSubject: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 pm

I don't have the time to do it, but someone should start a petition demanding SA's coach, Pop, get a refund on the penalty he paid earlier this year for resting his players in a game against Miami. Pop rested 4 of his key players for the last game of a 4 games in 5 nights road game stretch. It happened to be against Miami for a game scheduled on national television. Stern fined him bigtime.

This may be one of the best non-gametime coaching moves in the history of the NBA. Not only did the move give SA a better chance of winning the game, but, it gave SA a better chance of getting to their goal: playing in the NBA Championship. SA barely lost the game to Miami, but, more importantly, it allowed rest for key players to accomplish exactly what SA HAS accomplished: entrance to the NBA finals.

Someone, other than me, should get a petition going to force the league to admit Pop did what was right and the NBA was wrong to fine him for it.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Following their last championship in 2007, Popovitch went through the growing pains of arriving to the playoffs with one or two of their big three beat up and injured. In recent years, he has done a nice job of managing their minutes to try to get them to the playoffs healthy. Not counting the two strike shortened seasons, Duncan played the least total amount of minutes in his career this regular season and appears to have arrived at the playoffs ready to go. He still averaged 30 mpg, but he only played in 69 games instead of 82 while avoiding most back to backs. They are getting a nice rest break before the finals too.

I won't be starting a petition for Pop to get his money back though. That's your idea St. Louis. Please have at it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Yea St. Lou, what's this "you guys should start a petition stuff" anyway? Laughing

Pop looks smart as hell now, doesn't he? While his old guys are resting up Miami is absolutely limping - Wade and Bosh look about 50% and sure as hell aren't going to get better before the finals...if they even get there. How sweet would it be if the Pacers advanced and Miami has to consider that maybe Wade had too many road miles on his body this season chasing a record number of wins to bring it when it counted most? One can hope.

I'd actually love to watch the Pacers and Spurs go at it, way more so than Spurs/Heat. Say what you will, I think the Pacers are a deeper, more balanced team than the Heat. This series has pretty much exposed Miami, again, that they are a damn good 3-trick pony but if one or more ponies is hurting, even Lebron can't do it on his own, and they are then only a pretty good team, not world beaters.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:08 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Yea St. Lou, what's this "you guys should start a petition stuff" anyway? Laughing

Pop looks smart as hell now, doesn't he? While his old guys are resting up Miami is absolutely limping - Wade and Bosh look about 50% and sure as hell aren't going to get better before the finals...if they even get there. How sweet would it be if the Pacers advanced and Miami has to consider that maybe Wade had too many road miles on his body this season chasing a record number of wins to bring it when it counted most? One can hope.

I'd actually love to watch the Pacers and Spurs go at it, way more so than Spurs/Heat. Say what you will, I think the Pacers are a deeper, more balanced team than the Heat. This series has pretty much exposed Miami, again, that they are a damn good 3-trick pony but if one or more ponies is hurting, even Lebron can't do it on his own, and they are then only a pretty good team, not world beaters.

He could'nt get it done for the Cavs.The spurs could be getting to much rest or is it rust? but i'm with you give me a spurs pacers match up any day of the week over heat. Lot could ride on the league with Roy H if they want to suspend him for talking about no homo? Would be wrong if the try to take the freedom of speech away from there players? Would'nt be the first time tho.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Richardale wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

He could'nt get it done for the Cavs.The spurs could be getting to much rest or is it rust? but i'm with you give me a spurs pacers match up any day of the week over heat. Lot could ride on the league with Roy H if they want to suspend him for talking about no homo? Would be wrong if the try to take the freedom of speech away from there players? Would'nt be the first time tho.

Just found out he was given a 75 thous. for what he said. If i Roy i would not come out after next game win or lose. sorry was to sick after game? My bad.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Richardale wrote:
Richardale wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Just found out he was given a 75 thous. for what he said. If i Roy i would not come out after next game win or lose. sorry was to sick after game? My bad.

C'mon, Richard, even Hibbert knows he screwed up royally. Freedom of speech? Read the contract he signed with the league - he can get fined for saying things like that, nothing to do with the first amendment. Furthermore, he also called the press motherf-ers on live TV. He came across as a classless, entitled, spoiled dumbass NBA player. Its on him.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Richardale wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

C'mon, Richard, even Hibbert knows he screwed up royally. Freedom of speech? Read the contract he signed with the league - he can get fined for saying things like that, nothing to do with the first amendment. Furthermore, he also called the press motherf-ers on live TV. He came across as a classless, entitled, spoiled dumbass NBA player. Its on him.
lol never said the kid gave it much thought. So what your saying is if you want to work for us your giving up your freedom of speech? My work place would let me go if i came out the way he did. lol. Cant believe he did what he did.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm just throwing gas on the fire! Somebody needs to help stand up for this kid and his lack of thought? Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:57 am

Just curious.  What exactly did Roy say in its entirety?  I saw the video where he used mother******, but have been unable to dig up the actual wording of his gay slur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA should refund fine against Popovich   NBA should refund fine against Popovich Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA should refund fine against Popovich
Page 1 of 1