Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  What up with Tomic? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What up with Tomic?

Go down 
+6
Mutangclan
Leoverine
Romoholic
zero24gravity
dongibby
MTJazz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

What up with Tomic? Empty
PostSubject: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 am

Been reported that Tomic just signed a 3-year deal with FC Barcelona. I'm guessing he hasn't shown anything interesting to the Jazz since drafted 44th in 2008?
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

MTJazz wrote:
Been reported that Tomic just signed a 3-year deal with FC Barcelona. I'm guessing he hasn't shown anything interesting to the Jazz since drafted 44th in 2008?

He has never wanted to be part of the Jazz he said so right after they drafted him, I read somewhere just a few weeks ago that O'Conner said that Tomic needed to stay where he is at when asked about him. He used to be a trade chip but not after this new's he is no good to the Jazz now he has signed to play in the Euro league again.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 am

dongibby wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

He has never wanted to be part of the Jazz he said so right after they drafted him, I read somewhere just a few weeks ago that O'Conner said that Tomic needed to stay where he is at when asked about him. He used to be a trade chip but not after this new's he is no good to the Jazz now he has signed to play in the Euro league again.

Sounds like he could be used as a throw-in for some kind of trade, (Bell?) or maybe just getting a 2nd round pick for him from team he'd consider playng for would be considered a vicory at this point. Its too bad, seemed like he could have turned into at least a serviceable back-up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Sounds like he could be used as a throw-in for some kind of trade, (Bell?) or maybe just getting a 2nd round pick for him from team he'd consider playng for would be considered a vicory at this point. Its too bad, seemed like he could have turned into at least a serviceable back-up.

I'd rather see him never play in the NBA. You don't want to play for the team that drafted you then you don't play. I've watched him some and wasn't even a little impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Kind of puzzling why the Jazz didn't try and move him - now seems like a completely wasted pick?? I suppose if he lights up playing for FC he may prove a more valuable chip? On the other hand, if he just doesn't want to play in the NBA its all moot.
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I've seen people with this 'Tomic does not want to play for the Jazz talk' , but Ive never seen the source.

My opinion is that he doesnt want to come to the NBA. He's a border star in Europe and here hell be nothing. Hes playing style wont work here, hes soft, much softer then Big Al. He can get more money there too, since he would still get the rookie salary here. Tiago Spliter waited 5 years to come to the NBA, so they could offer him the same money he used to make in Europe. Spliter was Spain MVP, and when he came to the NBA, he was a bench player.

And I think the Jazz doesnt want him here, at least not now. But I believe he has some trade value, small, but he has.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Actually I just read the other day that Tomic has shown absolutely nothing over there, and thats why the Jazz etc have shown no interest in him. He was a shot at the stash-a-Euro-player and see if he gets good for later, move. But didn't work out, he sucks.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Actually I just read the other day that Tomic has shown absolutely nothing over there, and thats why the Jazz etc have shown no interest in him. He was a shot at the stash-a-Euro-player and see if he gets good for later, move. But didn't work out, he sucks.
I've only seen clips of his play and he reminded me of slower less talented Trent Plaisted of BYU
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:47 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

I've only seen clips of his play and he reminded me of slower less talented Trent Plaisted of BYU

Lets chalk Tomic up to one of the rare KOC mis-judges of talent, and at that, it was a #44 pick. Speaking of, I think Almond had the physical talent but was missing that killer mindset that converts god given potential into a a good NBA player. This whole discussion, plus the fact that Marvin Williams was a #2 pick at one point and is playing like a guy who really was better slotted as a low lotto or below spot in the first round, has got me thinking really hard about Kanter as a #3 pick. Jury is totally out on Kanter but I could see him being Marvin William-ish, good and solid 5 years from now but not a top 3 worthy pick. Glad I'm not KOC, talk about pressure in a crap shoot game!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm not a Kanter hater (but also not a big fan), however, I think you struck the nail on the head when it comes to expectations for Enes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I'm not a Kanter hater (but also not a big fan), however, I think you struck the nail on the head when it comes to expectations for Enes.

I have never been too high on Kanter. I think he will be servicable, he was a #3 pick, but in a very weak draft. You never know though. He hasn't played too much pro ball. So he could be very good in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm a lot more positive on Kanter, he may not be a superstar, but I think he will be a starting quality Center. He's big and strong, he's got good hands, good feet, and he's only 19 years old. His weakness is his athleticism, but he's big and athletic enough to be a Memo Okur type of defender and a Al Jefferson type of post player.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:05 pm

I dont know if you guys know this, but Im kind of big on Kanter, hah.

Gotta remember how much college and pro ball Kanter had though....... pretty much none. Jazz drafted him as a bit of a project player, and I think he'll exceed those expectations quickly. Be much easier to judge him this season, after he's had some real time invested in him, hopefully a big man camp or two, and just some time to play. Poor kid never got any of that. But even still, showed some awesome real talent, and really shouldn't of even showed that.

Speaking of, I MISS CALGARY!!! I'm sure he wont be able to resist coming around though during the season.....actually, probably is reading all this now! Hi Calgary!!!
Your friend, Mutang.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Leoverine wrote:
I've seen people with this 'Tomic does not want to play for the Jazz talk' , but Ive never seen the source.

I have looked for something that would show what he did say about not wanting to come to Utah but that was so long ago that I could not find anythng but why would I lie about this it is not like I am getting anything out of it now is it. He did say that he did not want to come to Utah I read it myself but if you chose to not believe it that's find with me, there is a reason that he has not had any talks with the Jazz about coming over to play in a year when his Euro contract was up.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Gotta remember how much college and pro ball Kanter had though....... pretty much none. Jazz drafted him as a bit of a project player, and I think he'll exceed those expectations quickly. Be much easier to judge him this season, after he's had some real time invested in him, hopefully a big man camp or two, and just some time to play. Poor kid never got any of that. But even still, showed some awesome real talent, and really shouldn't of even showed that.

Speaking of, I MISS CALGARY!!! I'm sure he wont be able to resist coming around though during the season.....actually, probably is reading all this now! Hi Calgary!!!
Your friend, Mutang.

I don't know what we are gonna get from Kanter. It's hard to judge a guy who hasn't really played a lot of ball. I do know he is gonna be very good defensively. I don't think he will ever be a 15 ppg guy though. The thing is we don't need him to be really. I see favors being a 20/10 guy this season. We really need a defensive enforcer and I think that's what we are gonna get from Kanter. If he can average 10 ppg and play great D I will be more than happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Questioning
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:33 pm

No + Laughing No + Laughing No + Laughing Eurotrash. Release Tomic. Trade Kanter for American. Repent to GOD for drafting filth! Kanter, he is bad but has high trade recptives. Trade before the Fesenko emerges. The Okur emerges. It is only matter of time! Trade Kanter for Louis Scola.

Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Leoverine wrote:
Tiago Spliter waited 5 years to come to the NBA, so they could offer him the same money he used to make in Europe. Spliter was Spain MVP, and when he came to the NBA, he was a bench player.

Off topic blather: I once looked up Splitter and Marc Gasol's stats in Europe play. I am not going to do it again, but if I recall correctly, they are the exact same age and were rivals and young stars in Europe for several years. They were on the same trajectory and neither one seemed to have a clear edge on the other in Europe play, but when Marc Gasol came over here, Gasol developed his game to another level and made this season's All Star team as a reserve. I did notice, however, that when Memphis played the Spurs in the playoffs a year ago, Splitter played very well against his old rival when he was given a chance. He wasn't given very many minutes though.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Your friend, Mutang.

I don't know what we are gonna get from Kanter. It's hard to judge a guy who hasn't really played a lot of ball. I do know he is gonna be very good defensively. I don't think he will ever be a 15 ppg guy though. The thing is we don't need him to be really. I see favors being a 20/10 guy this season. We really need a defensive enforcer and I think that's what we are gonna get from Kanter. If he can average 10 ppg and play great D I will be more than happy with that.

Not to mention he is a naturally talented rebounder, good nose for the ball. Saw some speculation that if JV had come out for this draft he would have been a lock for the #2 pick. You'd think Calgary would have brought that to our attention already. We won't know Kanter's ceiling until after the end of the coming season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What up with Tomic?   What up with Tomic? Empty

Back to top Go down

What up with Tomic?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: