Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. Empty
PostSubject: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 pm

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21241687&nid=304&title=sloan-turns-down-blazers-head-coaching-offer&s_cid=queue-2

I didn't even know he had interviewed.

(maybe this belongs in general nba now? To me Sloan will always be Utah Jazz though)
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21241687&nid=304&title=sloan-turns-down-blazers-head-coaching-offer&s_cid=queue-2

I didn't even know he had interviewed.

(maybe this belongs in general nba now? To me Sloan will always be Utah Jazz though)

Yeah I heard that. I'm so glad he turned it down. The Blazers are the #1 team I hate now.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:02 pm

I hope the reason he turned it down is payback for their organization sticking it to us over the years in the free agent market.
Yeah, yeah, I know....free market, KOC screwed up, blah blah blah.

They are one organization I loathe as well. Portland, Denver and LA are among my least favorites.
Back to top Go down
thesob
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:12 pm

They did trade us the pick for Deron Williams, a trade that is still paying off today. Maybe that is why they have been after us since.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 pm

thesob wrote:
They did trade us the pick for Deron Williams, a trade that is still paying off today. Maybe that is why they have been after us since.
Don't be cruel... no need to ruin people's hate! Wink
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:41 pm

I read that Phil Jackson was also offered the job, but turned it down as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.   Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sloan is offered Blazers coaching job, turns it down.
Page 1 of 1