Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Scola available Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scola available

Go down 
+3
therawns
outerspacefan
rorybreaker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rorybreaker
6th man

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Scola available   Scola available EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 am

I really think the Jazz need to pick up Scola, from what I've seen it might take as little as $3.5 mil a year for three years. I think he still has plenty of game but it opens up all sorts of options if the Jazz look to move Big Al and or Millsap. He isn't the player to get them to the next level but he could be an insurance piece or could cover in case of a two for one, a salary dump or move on a high draft pick.
I'd go for it if I were KOC.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Forget Luis, go for Rip Hamilton. bounce
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:13 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
I really think the Jazz need to pick up Scola, from what I've seen it might take as little as $3.5 mil a year for three years. I think he still has plenty of game but it opens up all sorts of options if the Jazz look to move Big Al and or Millsap. He isn't the player to get them to the next level but he could be an insurance piece or could cover in case of a two for one, a salary dump or move on a high draft pick.
I'd go for it if I were KOC.

he was released via amnesty. teams under the cap will have the first blind auction bids on him. He wont make it past that process.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Luis with the Suns now.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Luis with the Suns now.
Yup, gone, gone and gone. Do you know what they got him for?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
Luis with the Suns now.
Yup, gone, gone and gone. Do you know what they got him for?

3yr/13.5m
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I've read Houston fans aren't the least bit happy about what - if any - strategy the Houston FO has should they land Lin after waving bye bye to Dragic, Lowry and Scola and inevitably lose the DH sweepstakes. Sometimes other organizations really make me thankful that my team actually thinks shit through a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I've read Houston fans aren't the least bit happy about what - if any - strategy the Houston FO has should they land Lin after waving bye bye to Dragic, Lowry and Scola and inevitably lose the DH sweepstakes. Sometimes other organizations really make me thankful that my team actually thinks shit through a little bit.

I second that!!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 pm

MTJazz wrote:

I think the Rockets finally got bored of being the 6-10th best team in the western conference, and when they stepped back and looked at what their options were they realized that if they kept following their current plan they were unlikely to get anywhere....

...so they said to hell with it and decided to run into this off season guns blazing trying to land a player that you could imagine being the best player on a championship team thinking that if they got him they could figure the rest out later.

If they get him then they have perhaps changed their fate, if they don't then they are ready to start rebuilding, either way they are no longer stuck in late lottery limbo.

I don't think it was altogether a bad plan, the question now is how will they go about rebuilding if they don't get Dwight. I actually really like the crop of draft picks and young players they got this year, but they still don't have any elite talent on that team. My guess is that even if they don't get Dwight, they will continue to seek to pool all of their resources to acquire an elite player. That is their MO. The Presti (Thunder) plan is all the rage now, tank your way to success through the draft, but Morey thinks like a big market guy and his plan has always been like Miami or Boston or LA, to acquire one or two elite players on max contracts and then fill out the roster with young guys a vets looking for a title run. Problem right now is he can't get his hands on a max guy, but don't expect him to stop trying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scola available Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scola available   Scola available Empty

Back to top Go down

Scola available
Page 1 of 1