Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Howard to Utah? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howard to Utah?

Go down 
+2
Richardale
Tarakaan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarakaan
Rookie

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm

With all the ridiculous trade scenarios floating around out there regarding Howard, I got the idea why shouldn't the Jazz have there name mentioned? They have a lot of young quality players, borderline all-stars, expiring contracts, draft picks and they are in the West (Orlando will see less of him).

What I got -
Orlando - Howard (19.5) + Turkoglu (11.8 ) = 31.3
Utah - Jefferson (15) + Millsap (8.6) + Bell (3.5) = 27.1 All expiring. Plus GS pick and our 2014 first rounder.

Orlando gets rid of Turkoglu, gets Howards replacement, gets a second all-star quality player, cut 4 mill off this years payroll and two first rounders(I've tried to replicate and improve on the requirements other trades have had to meet). In my opinion, that's better than ANY deal I've seen or heard for him so far.

Jazz end up with a rotation of -
PG - Mo. Williams, Watson, Tinsley
SG - Hayward, Burks, Murphy
SF - Ma. Williams, Evans
PF - Favors, Turkoglu
C - Howard, Kanter

Jazz get their franchise star and defensive stalwart, becomes a destination for free agents and title chasers, makes a tonne in merchandising and advertising and possibly wins a championship? Of course it would be reliant on him signing his extension first. Let's be honest, it won't happen but it's fun to dream. So who would do it, and who wouldn't?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Tarakaan wrote:
With all the ridiculous trade scenarios floating around out there regarding Howard, I got the idea why shouldn't the Jazz have there name mentioned? They have a lot of young quality players, borderline all-stars, expiring contracts, draft picks and they are in the West (Orlando will see less of him).

What I got -
Orlando - Howard (19.5) + Turkoglu (11.8 ) = 31.3
Utah - Jefferson (15) + Millsap (8.6) + Bell (3.5) = 27.1 All expiring. Plus GS pick and our 2014 first rounder.

Orlando gets rid of Turkoglu, gets Howards replacement, gets a second all-star quality player, cut 4 mill off this years payroll and two first rounders(I've tried to replicate and improve on the requirements other trades have had to meet). In my opinion, that's better than ANY deal I've seen or heard for him so far.

Jazz end up with a rotation of -
PG - Mo. Williams, Watson, Tinsley
SG - Hayward, Burks, Murphy
SF - Ma. Williams, Evans
PF - Favors, Turkoglu
C - Howard, Kanter

Jazz get their franchise star and defensive stalwart, becomes a destination for free agents and title chasers, makes a tonne in merchandising and advertising and possibly wins a championship? Of course it would be reliant on him signing his extension first. Let's be honest, it won't happen but it's fun to dream. So who would do it, and who wouldn't?

I would do it and long as we could sign him cheap. lol to bad D will not here to win his ring.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 pm

For a one year rental, and losing valuable assets and players? No thanks.

** Edited!!! Hah, I've grown so tired of the Dwight talk, I'll admit, I didn't completely read your idea, my fault!!

But I stay the same anyway. Even if Dwight said he'd do an extension, we'd give up way too much for a guy that can't hit free throws and doesn't have any sort of jumper. Also, I care for this guy now, about as much as Lebron. I wouldn't trust him to stay.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
For a one year rental, and losing valuable assets and players? No thanks.

No he saying that he signs on for more years.Then would you for fun.

Last edited by Richardale on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I did say it was dependent on him signing an extension first Mu, I'm not Houston. Very Happy

The original idea actually came from the irony of DWill and the Nets not being able to get Howard, but because of trading DWill to the Nets that we would have the parts necessary! I would love to be with DWill when the trade was announced! Also means Fakers don't get him.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 pm

yea.lol
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:18 pm

I think a lot of people are forgetting that he did just have back surgery. Anyone remember Mark Eaton? Nobody knows how he is gonna come back. Back injuries have a habit of getting worse after surgery and can end your career very quickly. He may very well never be the same player he was before the surgery.

But to answer the question. No I wouldn't take him. We have a guy on the roster right now that has a shot at being better than Howard (Favors). So why gamble on a guy that IMHO has a lack of character and no concept of loyalty and has turned out to be a ring chaser not a leader?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 am

Still, props to TarakHAAAAAAAAAN!! (sorry, just saw that Kirk scene video lol) for even being able to come up with such a perfectly plausible (but still far-fetched) scenario.

ps) gotta second Romo's objections though...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:14 am

The thought of Howard & Favors together is scary-good & scary-bad. Athletisism, length, defense, rebounding would be crazy great. But they don't have much post game outside of "dunk ball" (I do have hope for Favors developing this part of his game), neither is a very good passer out of the post, and neither is a face-up player (again, Favors will get better), which means they would probably spend a lot of time either getting in eachothers way or standing there watching.

Still .... intriguing, and I'm sure if Dwight went crazy & signed off on an extension in Utah, the Jazz would find a way to make it work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

Howard to Utah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howard to Utah?   Howard to Utah? Empty

Back to top Go down

Howard to Utah?
Page 1 of 1