Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter Empty
PostSubject: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 pm

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjazz/2012/08/01/transcript-derrick-favors-takes-over-utahjazz-2/

I love the one word (and short) answers. Cracks me up.

A couple of interesting things from the transcript.

1) he wants to be in utah and wants to be here for life.
2) he is going to work with the mailman.
3) he believes he will be an Olympian in 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Great read VOR, I didn't know.
And LOVE that he's going to work with Karl. Mailman is like a cartoon character in real life, but there is no better player to learn from, on leading by example and working harder than everyone else. Karl also had a great post game and can teach DFav a bunch. Going against Al in practice, and Karl teaching him all the best tricks outside of it, Fav is going to be monster.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 am

Don't know how much he plans on working with Karl, but that makes my stomach flutter a little with excitment.

Just to be a realist for a moment .... what else was he going to say when asked about staying in Salt Lake, being an Olympian, etc?

Unless you're crazy like Dwight Howard, you're not going to say you don't want to be on your current team for the long haul. Especially when you have a couple years left on your contract.

Either way, that was a fun read. Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 am

zero24gravity wrote:
Don't know how much he plans on working with Karl, but that makes my stomach flutter a little with excitment.

Just to be a realist for a moment .... what else was he going to say when asked about staying in Salt Lake, being an Olympian, etc?

Unless you're crazy like Dwight Howard, you're not going to say you don't want to be on your current team for the long haul. Especially when you have a couple years left on your contract.

Of course it seems like the politically correct thing to say...however he could have answered the same as most everyone else and say "I'm not going to worry about that." or, "I'll let my agent handle that" or "that's up to the Utah jazz" or "I'm just going to focus on basketball and let contract issues work themselves out."
But instead, he answered with an authoritative, emphatic, enthusiastic "yep". Great sign for jazz fans. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Of course it seems like the politically correct thing to say...however he could have answered the same as most everyone else and say "I'm not going to worry about that." or, "I'll let my agent handle that" or "that's up to the Utah jazz" or "I'm just going to focus on basketball and let contract issues work themselves out."
But instead, he answered with an authoritative, emphatic, enthusiastic "yep". Great sign for jazz fans. Very Happy

I suppose there are more nueltral ways of answering those questions. Still, I think most players say they are happy where they are, and that they want to stay.

I hope it's all true. He has always come across as a decent, quiet guy. I hope he both stays & lives up to his potential. It's a tall order, but something I think he's capable of.

I stopped buying Jazz player merchandise a couple years ago (when all my Memo, Deron & AK stuff became outdated) and switched to only getting team merchandise... but Favors makes me want to go back to buying player stuff again.

I think that he, Burks & Gordy have a chance to be a real solid group of players for this team for a long time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter   Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter Empty

Back to top Go down

Derrick Favors Tweets on @utahjazz twitter
Page 1 of 1