Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  78 days..................... Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

78 days.....................

Go down 
+3
MTJazz
zero24gravity
therawns
7 posters
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

78 days..................... Empty
PostSubject: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Just wanted to say that there are only 78 days between now and Halloween. aka Jazz opening night. Gosh, wake me up when September ends. please.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 am

therawns wrote:
Just wanted to say that there are only 78 days between now and Halloween. aka Jazz opening night. Gosh, wake me up when September ends. please.

Even better news.... now there are only 77 days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:51 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
therawns wrote:

Yeah, I probably say this every season but I cannot wait to see the 20012-13 Jazz roll out! Perfect time to be a Jazz fan. Very solid off-season moves that made the team better. We KNOW the young bucks, especially Burks and Favors, are ready to go off. Jazz are happily way under the national radar, picked pretty much at the bottom of playoff teams in the West. There is no thrill so fine watching an underrated team turn heads and storm into the top of the playoff mix. Or...they could really really really disappoint us. Gotta love being a Jazz fan!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 pm

MTJazz wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
therawns wrote:

Yeah, I probably say this every season but I cannot wait to see the 20012-13 Jazz roll out! Perfect time to be a Jazz fan. Very solid off-season moves that made the team better. We KNOW the young bucks, especially Burks and Favors, are ready to go off. Jazz are happily way under the national radar, picked pretty much at the bottom of playoff teams in the West. There is no thrill so fine watching an underrated team turn heads and storm into the top of the playoff mix. Or...they could really really really disappoint us. Gotta love being a Jazz fan!

I'm not going to be nearly as pessimistic when prediction time comes along as I was last year, when I predicted 15 wins. That was shameful Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Romoholic wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
therawns wrote:

I'm not going to be nearly as pessimistic when prediction time comes along as I was last year, when I predicted 15 wins. That was shameful Embarassed

Ahem. I believe we had a little wager on that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:33 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
therawns wrote:

Ahem. I believe we had a little wager on that? Laughing

I told you to PM me your address and I'd send it to ya Sad
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:54 am

Wow. I mean, WOW. In one of the most ridiculous pre-season rankings I've ever seen, Bleacherreport has the Utah Jazz ranked at 18. That'd be just before New Orleans at 19, and ranked lower than Portland, Atlanta, Minnesota and others. Unreal. Portland who is the exact same team as last year, except they added a PG rookie, is ranked higher? Gotta be kidding me.
It's amazing how every year for as long as I can remember, Utah is consistently under-ranked. Really amazes me how it continues...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1294437-nba-power-rankings-post-olympics-edition/page/14
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Wow. I mean, WOW. In one of the most ridiculous pre-season rankings I've ever seen, Bleacherreport has the Utah Jazz ranked at 18. That'd be just before New Orleans at 19, and ranked lower than Portland, Atlanta, Minnesota and others. Unreal. Portland who is the exact same team as last year, except they added a PG rookie, is ranked higher? Gotta be kidding me.
It's amazing how every year for as long as I can remember, Utah is consistently under-ranked. Really amazes me how it continues...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1294437-nba-power-rankings-post-olympics-edition/page/14

Ya man, and I didn't even think it was the Jazz ranking that was the greatest sign that whoever put that list together was little more than a modestly educated fan-boy when it comes to Power Ranking NBA teams...

The dude ranked BOSTON #4 and LA #2 !?!?!

Up till that point I was like, "ok this guy is clearly just throwing darts at a board" giving him the benefit of the doubt and then I realized that he was actually either a Laker fan or a Celtics fan, which in hindsight should have been immediately obvious, and I was upset that I didn't smell the stink and see the tell tale idiocy sooner.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Ya man, and I didn't even think it was the Jazz ranking that was the greatest sign that whoever put that list together was little more than a modestly educated fan-boy when it comes to Power Ranking NBA teams...

The dude ranked BOSTON #4 and LA #2 !?!?!

Up till that point I was like, "ok this guy is clearly just throwing darts at a board" giving him the benefit of the doubt and then I realized that he was actually either a Laker fan or a Celtics fan, which in hindsight should have been immediately obvious, and I was upset that I didn't smell the stink and see the tell tale idiocy sooner.

I have always said that the Utah Jazz are like the Rodney Dangerfield of Basketball They just don't get any respect but that's why I am such a big Fan of the Jazz they always find a way to compete on the basketball court year in and year out. The Jazz don't have any players who are thought of as star players but they are full of players that go out and compete every minute of the game on most nights and win as a team with good all around team play as a unit and use every advantage they can get by playing hard nosed ball.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey, talking about how many day's remaining before the season starts we are in need of 2 more managers on the Keeper Trib Talk Fantasy Basketball League, if there are any of you guys who might be interested in joining please let me know and I will set you up when the league start's up. We had one guy that just did not want to play this year and one that just stopped playing during the season and never came back so it would be those two team's that would be taken over. First come first served he or she would get their pick of what team they wanted to take over so if interested please let me know.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm

dongibby wrote:
Hey, talking about how many day's remaining before the season starts we are in need of 2 more managers on the Keeper Trib Talk Fantasy Basketball League, if there are any of you guys who might be interested in joining please let me know and I will set you up when the league start's up. We had one guy that just did not want to play this year and one that just stopped playing during the season and never came back so it would be those two team's that would be taken over. First come first served he or she would get their pick of what team they wanted to take over so if interested please let me know.

I might. Is it just strait up? Like do I get to keep the exact same roster I had last year if I want to? (With rookie draft picks.)

Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 pm

therawns wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I might. Is it just strait up? Like do I get to keep the exact same roster I had last year if I want to? (With rookie draft picks.)

Well each team get's to chose 5 keeper players out of 15 on their team and all of the remaining players go on the draft list and we draft the rest of our team to fill up the 10 remaining spots on the team. There are two team that need a manager and you would get to chose with team that you would like to take over for this coming season. This will be the 3rd season and it mostly all tribe talk guy's but a few other as well so if you are interested just let me know and I will set you in as the first guy to chose.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:31 pm

dongibby wrote:
therawns wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Well each team get's to chose 5 keeper players out of 15 on their team and all of the remaining players go on the draft list and we draft the rest of our team to fill up the 10 remaining spots on the team. There are two team that need a manager and you would get to chose with team that you would like to take over for this coming season. This will be the 3rd season and it mostly all tribe talk guy's but a few other as well so if you are interested just let me know and I will set you in as the first guy to chose.

Daily lineups or weekly? (I will probably say yes either way. I love fantasy baseball/basketball.)
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:44 pm

therawns wrote:
dongibby wrote:
therawns wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Daily lineups or weekly? (I will probably say yes either way. I love fantasy baseball/basketball.)

Daily lineups so I will put you in for the first spot

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 78 days.....................   78 days..................... Empty

Back to top Go down

78 days.....................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: