Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Eastern Conference prediction thread. Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eastern Conference prediction thread.

Go down 
+4
Calgary Jazz
therawns
Mutangclan
Romoholic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Eastern Conference prediction thread. Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Here is an east prediction thread for you guys. Have at it.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

1. Heat
2. Brooklyn
3. Pacers
4. Knicks
5-8. Lesser teams that wouldn't even come close in the West. Blah.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm

1. Heat

2. Nets

3. Celtics

4. Pacers

Does it really matter after that?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Rumor has it, the Bobcats could be getting Tracy McGrady. THat has to move them up. Oh wait, this is the 2012-13 season? Gosh, I thought we were still in 2003-04. Okay, forget that idea then.

okay, in all honesty. I see the conferences are so freaking lopsided. Remember, the 2003-04 season? Who can forget that season? Might have been my favorite team. Jazz go 42-40 when they were supposed to compete for the worst record ever. (How Sloan did not get COY that year, still makes me upset.) I still remember watching Denver clinch the last spot against the Kings. So frustrated that night. I still remember before that season my teammates on the basketball team were making fun of the fact I was a jazz fan, and they knew Utah would be horrible.

Anyways it will be that year all over agin. Miami, with then rookie DWade, got home court in the first round with the amazing 42-40 record. The west won 99 more games then the East. This is where I think ESPN overrated the East. They only have the West winning like 40 something more games then the West. Look at the 07-08 standings, and GS missed out with 48 wins!!!!

Anyways, here it is.

1. Miami (in a class of their own)
2. Boston (Biggest threat to knock off Miami)
3. Indiana (the fact that they can be the #2 team shows how bad the East is.)
4. Brooklyn
5. Philly
6. NY (NY might be where dreams come to fruition, but the Knicks are a nightmare.)
7. Milwaukee (Gosh, this is getting really bad)
8. Atlanta (It is sad when a team that just got rid of everybody, can still be in the playoff talk.)
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 pm

No love for Bulls? I think they will be in playoffs even if Rose comes back after All-star break only.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
No love for Bulls? I think they will be in playoffs even if Rose comes back after All-star break only.

Bulls 6th or 7th. Forgot them.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:59 pm

1. Bobcats
2. Wizards
3. NO
4. Cleveland
5. Toronto
6. Detroit
7. Bucks
8. Philly

Now that there is a stacked E. Conference playoff juggernaut machine. Look out WC!

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:39 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:

People are saying that, that the Bulls will still make the playoffs, but I just dont see it. I think they more do like the Spurs did back in the day when Robinson went down and they just tanked the season and added a number 1 the next season.
During the season, Boozer can't lead anyone, and if Deng is your best player then he's not that difficult to stop. Unless I'm forgetting someone, a lineup with Deng/Noah/Boozer/ Hinrich and Hamilton isn't scaring me at all, and dont seem them getting past anyone. A bench of Taj, Nazr Mohammed, Belinelli and Nate Robinson is weak as well.
Even in the Eastern Conf, I dont seem them being able to dig out of that hole, and the team not seeing the point either. Then in the draft they'll add a sick youngster to DRose, and that'll be scary.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

People are saying that, that the Bulls will still make the playoffs, but I just dont see it. I think they more do like the Spurs did back in the day when Robinson went down and they just tanked the season and added a number 1 the next season.
During the season, Boozer can't lead anyone, and if Deng is your best player then he's not that difficult to stop. Unless I'm forgetting someone, a lineup with Deng/Noah/Boozer/ Hinrich and Hamilton isn't scaring me at all, and dont seem them getting past anyone. A bench of Taj, Nazr Mohammed, Belinelli and Nate Robinson is weak as well.
Even in the Eastern Conf, I dont seem them being able to dig out of that hole, and the team not seeing the point either. Then in the draft they'll add a sick youngster to DRose, and that'll be scary.

Just as big as losing rose was, losing their bench was just as bad, and not many talk about it. Don't get me wrong, Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, Noah is a good starting lineup. However, nobody, and i mean nobody had a better bench than CJ Watson, Brewer, Korver, Gibson, and Asik. It lacked a dynamic 6th man, but seriously, nobody had the depth the Bulls had. They lost the 2 things that made them good. Their bench and Rose.

In the west, they do not even sniff the playoffs. However, in the East they make it. Let's not forget Tom Thibodeau though. He is a defensive mastermind. (Illustrated by the fact that they were a top defensive team even with Boozer as a starter.) This is a reason why he will probably be my prediction for COY. I still think he can get them to .500 without Rose.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

I don't know, I think they took a step back with their offseason moves as well, but I think they are still at least a .500 team even if Rose sits most of the season, and in the east that's probably good enough for 6th or 7th.

I think the east playoff race is actually pretty interesting, I think it shakes out like this...

1. Heat
2. 76'rs
3. Celtics
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Knicks
7. Bulls
8. Wizards

Like I said in the Western Conf thread, I think the west has the entire upper-middle class of the NBA, the east has one elite team and a buch of midling ones. The only team I think could legitimately challenge Miami in a playoff series is Boston, and that is only if Rondo, KG, and Pierce are 100% come playoff time.

The Wizards are my dark horse pick to make the playoffs this year, they have made some sneaky good moves and have put together a decent roster that reminds me a bit of last seasons Jazz team.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

I don't know, I think they took a step back with their offseason moves as well, but I think they are still at least a .500 team even if Rose sits most of the season, and in the east that's probably good enough for 6th or 7th.

I think the east playoff race is actually pretty interesting, I think it shakes out like this...

1. Heat
2. 76'rs
3. Celtics
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Knicks
7. Bulls
8. Wizards

Like I said in the Western Conf thread, I think the west has the entire upper-middle class of the NBA, the east has one elite team and a buch of midling ones. The only team I think could legitimately challenge Miami in a playoff series is Boston, and that is only if Rondo, KG, and Pierce are 100% come playoff time.

The Wizards are my dark horse pick to make the playoffs this year, they have made some sneaky good moves and have put together a decent roster that reminds me a bit of last seasons Jazz team.

I agree that teh Wizards have made some good moves. The foundation for a player is set in their early years, and it is hard to get out of the losing spirit once its ingrained. The Wizards must be thinking that its now or never for JWall. He has the tools. I think he will be much better now that they got rid of knuckleheads like blatche, and mcgee. (Although, I think McGee will breakout this year.)

JWall
Beal
Ariza
Okafor
Nene

that is an above average starting lineup. If they can develop the bench, this could be a dangerous team in the playoffs. They just had a poisonous locker room. I think getting some new blood was very good.
Back to top Go down
jedrek1982
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Those are good predictions, Lakers won't be a 2 seed though, probably 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slycams.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Even in the Eastern Conf, I dont seem them being able to dig out of that hole, and the team not seeing the point either.

therawns wrote:
Just as big as losing rose was, losing their bench was just as bad, and not many talk about it. Don't get me wrong, Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, Noah is a good starting lineup. However, nobody, and i mean nobody had a better bench than CJ Watson, Brewer, Korver, Gibson, and Asik. It lacked a dynamic 6th man, but seriously, nobody had the depth the Bulls had. They lost the 2 things that made them good. Their bench and Rose.
In the west, they do not even sniff the playoffs.

funny to look back at this and hey.... Bulls sitting in 4th place and with better record then the Jazz. In the West they would be in 6th place. And Rose is close to return.
Thibs is amazing coach. I would be more then thrilled to have him on the Jazz.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Hahahahahaaha, classic Bonehead Boozer move!! 32secs left, down 2 and on a loose ball, Booz does that two-handed to the back/completely obvious shove for a loose ball foul.
Hah!!! So glad he's out of a Jazz jersey, I couldn't stand his bonehead plays.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Hahahahahaaha, classic Bonehead Boozer move!! 32secs left, down 2 and on a loose ball, Booz does that two-handed to the back/completely obvious shove for a loose ball foul.
Hah!!! So glad he's out of a Jazz jersey, I couldn't stand his bonehead plays.

Funny stuff. The big question is, did he yell "and one!"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Conference prediction thread.   Eastern Conference prediction thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastern Conference prediction thread.
Page 1 of 1