Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Predictions: Paul Millsap

Go down 
+10
thejazzkickazz
The Voice of Reason
Crunchtime1
rorybreaker
MTJazz
outerspacefan
Mutangclan
aliveandkickin
Zoonie
TheMagnus
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 am

I'm definitely done arguing with Millsap/Jefferson debate. People comparing my man-crush on Millsap to Calg's on AK is fine with me, I'm pretty sure he will always be one of my favorite players ever and like AK will be wildly underapreciated for what he actually contributed on the court.

Speaking of AK, remember when AK was the best player on the team during the Jazz last era-transition period? We certainly remember the damage his contract did, but we often forget how important he was to the Jazz success in the years that followed. I argued many times, and still believe that he was one of the 2 most important players on that team every year, and I also felt like his legacy as a Jazz player would have been much different if he was making 10 Mil a year instead of 16.

I see a lot of similarities between AK then and Millsap now and firmly believe that in this market, with the players the Jazz have going forward, using the Jazz contract advantages to bring Millsap back at a reasonable price (I'm thinking $8-10 Mil a year depending on the years) is the best basketball move for the Jazz short of landing a bonafide star regardless of what they do with any body else.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Yeah I like the Landry/Jack idea too. The Warriors are going to have roughly 58 million tied up in just five players: Bogut, Lee, Jefferson, Biedrins, and Curry, so we might be able to put the hurt on them with a front loaded offer to Landry and/or Jack. I don't know what the salary cap for next season is, but for last season it was 58 million dollars.

I'm not really a Jack fan. To me, he's just....meh.

Jack is in prob his best year as a player but i was thinking more the lines of Carl Landry signing.Of course if he needs to much we can resign paul a lot a like?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 am

TheMagnus wrote:
I'm definitely done arguing with Millsap/Jefferson debate. People comparing my man-crush on Millsap to Calg's on AK is fine with me, I'm pretty sure he will always be one of my favorite players ever and like AK will be wildly underapreciated for what he actually contributed on the court.

Speaking of AK, remember when AK was the best player on the team during the Jazz last era-transition period? We certainly remember the damage his contract did, but we often forget how important he was to the Jazz success in the years that followed. I argued many times, and still believe that he was one of the 2 most important players on that team every year, and I also felt like his legacy as a Jazz player would have been much different if he was making 10 Mil a year instead of 16.

I see a lot of similarities between AK then and Millsap now and firmly believe that in this market, with the players the Jazz have going forward, using the Jazz contract advantages to bring Millsap back at a reasonable price (I'm thinking $8-10 Mil a year depending on the years) is the best basketball move for the Jazz short of landing a bonafide star regardless of what they do with any body else.

Yeah, I'm sorry I said that. That's about as harsh as ya can get without actual swearing, and largely unwarranted.

Thing is, just like with Millsap, I LOVED AK!! And it wasn't his contract so much as the fact that he really wasn't put in a position to justify it, and same as with Millsap, it's FO moves, cap issues and roster construction that caused the issues. That's where I disagreed with Calg-he thought it was some kind of arbitrary Sloan vendetta, and I was pretty sure it was more complicated than that.

So I can kind of understand what happened with both players (even "blaming" AK rather than Sloan, we'll never know the dynamics of the locker room-he may have just been stuck in a bad situation, and not just an on-court bad situation). And yes, a happy and securely wealthy Millsap willing to play whatever role they ask would be a great thing on this team.

ps) hells yeah I remember what a force AK was-an absolutely unique and borderline dominant player for a while.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am

Also, given that the only bona-fide "stars" available are Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and (sorta) Josh Smith, Millsap might be the best player we can realistically land.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Also, given that the only bona-fide "stars" available are Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and (sorta) Josh Smith, Millsap might be the best player we can realistically land.

Exactly.

One thing that has to be remembered, is if Al is finally let go, and our starting bigs are Fav/Paul instead of Al/Paul, do you know how great of an upgrade on D that is? Minus Al's league-worst defense, and adding Fav's on a regular basis? Holding teams to an average 1st quarter instead of starting every game in the hole? I think that's being forgotten.

Paul should be resigned, because whenever he was on the floor, no matter what combo, it was good. Kanter becomes the first big off the bench and gets 25-30mins nightly. Thats huge, and he'll be happy. This team minus Al, will make Paul that much better, you gotta remember.

This team will be a completely different team next year if that happens, offensively and defensively. And thats right up Pauls alley. He is a guy that makes others better, and puts himself in a position to succeed. Basically what I'm saying, is looking at what this teams identity could be, Paul would completely fit the mold.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Exactly.

One thing that has to be remembered, is if Al is finally let go, and our starting bigs are Fav/Paul instead of Al/Paul, do you know how great of an upgrade on D that is? Minus Al's league-worst defense, and adding Fav's on a regular basis? Holding teams to an average 1st quarter instead of starting every game in the hole? I think that's being forgotten.

Paul should be resigned, because whenever he was on the floor, no matter what combo, it was good. Kanter becomes the first big off the bench and gets 25-30mins nightly. Thats huge, and he'll be happy. This team minus Al, will make Paul that much better, you gotta remember.

This team will be a completely different team next year if that happens, offensively and defensively. And thats right up Pauls alley. He is a guy that makes others better, and puts himself in a position to succeed. Basically what I'm saying, is looking at what this teams identity could be, Paul would completely fit the mold.

I hope Dennis is as persuasive as you are. Wink We know his value, we gave him his chance, and we have the money to offer. In the words of the decidedly NON-immortal Bubsy* "What could possibly go wrong?"

And I'm going to feel sincerely bad for Jefferson if he gets a home run offer from Charlotte or Cleveland and ends up playing for a losing team. Hell, I'm going to feel bad if he goes to the Bucks or Hawks, because they have enough talent to make The Jefferson Effect apparent yet again. And nothing about that has to do with the man's character, which is thoroughly admirable.

*-the old Sega Genesis (or maybe Dreamcast) side scrolling platformer "Bubsy" had, as its most entertaining feature, about a hundred different "death" animations for the titular bobcat. He started every level with that question and you just had to smile and say "Guess we're gonna find out, Bubs old pal." And then you go out and the character would be crunched, blackened, smithereened, sploded, squished, impaled, expaled, burned, chunked, disentegrated, stretched, etc., etc...
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

The Bucks would be a perfect team for Al to go to. Perimeter scoring, guards that can get their own shots, great 3pt shooting and a monster defensive shotblocking PF.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
The Bucks would be a perfect team for Al to go to. Perimeter scoring, guards that can get their own shots, great 3pt shooting and a monster defensive shotblocking PF.

Would make an interesting test of how dependent the Jefferson Effect is on other factors. I'd like to see him have some team success, somewhere, sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions: Paul Millsap   Predictions: Paul Millsap - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Predictions: Paul Millsap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2