Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Women............ - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Women............

Go down 
+3
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
aliveandkickin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Women............ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey, alive&k, that's gotta be pretty exciting, and it's the exciting part of a relationship-just when you realize that it is one. Hope it works out*.

*-sensitive 21st century man-euphemism for "Hope you get laid a lot."
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:49 am

Yeah Shelley, wasn't sure how good it would be but it was decent- not as good as elixur of love a few months ago but still dramatic- especially at the end when George capped Lenny.
Troll, thanks lol. I sincerely doubt it'll happen but thanks anyway man. I've found holding out makes everything go smooth - even though that's tough to do at times. Dating is confusing as hell when you're not exclusive (understatement of the year).

Let's hear some stories people. Bring the emabarrassing ones, feel good, confusing, and funny ones... whateva.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:59 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
That's a good post!

So onward and , upward, yeah definitely upward.
This was five years ago. Met this woman and had a great night dancing- then going to the park with a quilt. It was one of those nights when the stars were out, the music still in our heads, and everything fell in it's proper place (not a ephemism haha). Second date, she insisted on paying at an upscale restaurant (no qualms with that from me) then had a nice evening talking. Then came the third date. We met at the Gateway, did a little window shopping and people watching. then ate at Happy Sumos. Problem was, at the end I realized I left my wallet in the jeep. Like a trooper she paid but I saw her unpleasant face. After walking her to her car and telling her I want to transfer her the money she gamely said not to worry about it.
So, that was the last date with her. She ended up paying for the last two dates- which was about $100 dollars total. She didn't return my phone calls so after two I just wrote it up to experience. ALWAYS make sure you have your wallet.

Feel free to expand the threads subject matter to great dates, or, how you met your spouse or bf/gf.

Here's a great date: Last night went to eat at the Blue Iguana, then saw Mice and Men at the opera. I think I'm falling in love with this woman but it's still to early to tell- only six dates so far. While talking in my Wrangler she really opens up- telling me things I didn't expect from her- things personal and confidential. She started crying while telling me. I told her thanks for trusting me with somethng that she wasn't proud of -and that her wanting to have complete openness was unique and flattering to me... Pretty excited about this classy and beautiful woman.

There's my warm and fuzzy for ya'll. BTW, she's more into the arts than sports- which is normal but I'm not sure the extent she knows about of my love for the Jazz. On the bright side, I didn't check the Jazz/Spurs game three score at intermission in the restroom... Or is that a good thing? (insert uncomfortable laugh here).

Good luck brother Very Happy. I'm so glad to be out of the dating scene. I spent a lot of money on lame chicks and had some good times Twisted Evil But it's so much better when you find "the one". Plus the no more risk of STDs thing!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:29 am

Yea, it (dating) bites for the most part. I'll get married again but definitely not in a rush. It's a feast and famine thing with dating. Go a while dating a few people you like, or one if you decide to be exclusive, then go on some lame dates that eat up time and money.. Then there's intimacy...... which could make this something other than a pg13 thread- but who cares about conquests.

Ok, since I'm feeling more typative than usual tonight - here's another story:

I really like the opera girl, but she's healing and not as receptive to anything exclusive right now (which may change soon), so, there's this other gal that is pretty great as well that's totally into sports. Case in point: we went to the triple overtime game against Dallas a month or so ago and this woman knows her basketball. She was talking about strategy throughout the game. Never been with a date like that before. Then, Dirk was protesting a call and she said "look at Dirk flapping his gums." A few seconds later he got a technical and she started jumping up and down saying "Nowitski got a tech, Nowitski got a tech!!!".... her reaction was the highlight of the night!

You don't get that married to someone that could hold a grudge when you watch a game. Then again, you don't have the companionship all the time when single and dating. Gotta take the perks while they're here.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:57 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
Yea, it (dating) bites for the most part. I'll get married again but definitely not in a rush. It's a feast and famine thing with dating. Go a while dating a few people you like, or one if you decide to be exclusive, then go on some lame dates that eat up time and money.. Then there's intimacy...... which could make this something other than a pg13 thread- but who cares about conquests.

Ok, since I'm feeling more typative than usual tonight - here's another story:

I really like the opera girl, but she's healing and not as receptive to anything exclusive right now (which may change soon), so, there's this other gal that is pretty great as well that's totally into sports. Case in point: we went to the triple overtime game against Dallas a month or so ago and this woman knows her basketball. She was talking about strategy throughout the game. Never been with a date like that before. Then, Dirk was protesting a call and she said "look at Dirk flapping his gums." A few seconds later he got a technical and she started jumping up and down saying "Nowitski got a tech, Nowitski got a tech!!!".... her reaction was the highlight of the night!

You don't get that married to someone that could hold a grudge when you watch a game. Then again, you don't have the companionship all the time when single and dating. Gotta take the perks while they're here.

Girls that are into sports are really hot. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how annoying it is to try to watch a game with a girl and she is constantly making lame ass comments the whole time. My wife isn't a total sports freak like me, but she isn't an idiot either. She is more into the NFL than basketball. She puts up with my nonsense during Jazz and Cowboys game. She always gets me the sunday ticket and when we lived in Dallas got me the NBA league pass so I could watch the Jazz.

It's better to be selective and find the right girl though. That's why I didn't get married until I was almost 30. I don't know how these people get married right out of high school or even college for that matter.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm

When I was in college, I was dating this girl. Things were going along quite nicely, and I actually wondered if I maybe could see a future with this girl.
One week, I came down with some kind of a violent stomach virus, so out of respect for her, I decided to stay away from her so I wouldn't infect her. because, lets face it, if I were to see her, I would definitely be tempted to....well...infect her. So, I stayed away and told her she better do the same.

Towards the end of the week, I was finally feeling better. She dropped by to say hello and visit and bring me some soup. I was going absolutely stir crazy, and she could tell. So, she asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. Just getting out of the house for a few minutes sounded heavenly. So, we went for a walk to the nearby campus and just walked around. The sun had set and it was a beautiful summer evening. We stopped to look at some of the architecture on campus, and I had this overwhelming urge in my loins to kiss her. Hell, I could almost hear that little Crab from the Little Mermaid urging me to kiss her. I reasoned within myself..."I AM better", "I would enjoy it", "she REALLY must want it...she has been a week without it"...so, finally I convinced myself that it would be OK. I would just lean in slowly and then if she acted funny about it, I would refrain...but if she seemed to be on the same page, I would proceed. So.....I gazed deeply into her beautiful brown eyes and I made me move. Not surprisingly, she seemed to be all for it....just as our lips touched, something in my innards convulsed and I PUKED. Yes, I puked all over her. All over me. I had puke dripping from my chin, all down my shirt and on my shoes. Yes, she had puke on her face, chest and feet.

But wait, it gets worse. Did I mention I had really bad diarrhea that week too? Well, I did. And at this particular moment in time, my girlfriend came to a sound knowledge of that fact.
It was a very long and awkward walk home. She was such a kind girl, that she tried to make it no big deal...but I knew deep down how disgusted and grossed out she must have felt.

We actually continued to date for another couple of months, but eventually she broke things off. I have often wondered if it was the puke that was the beginning of the end. Apparently it isn't terribly flattering to a girl when her kisses cause you to vomit.

Side note: I married that girl's roommate.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:10 pm

So you puked on a girl and shit your pants at the same time Evil or Very Mad FOLKS, WE HAVE A WINNER!. That is the most horrifying thing I have ever read.

May god have mercy on your soul!
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Dude, I am just getting started. It may take me some time to build the courage...but there is more where that came from. Not literally though.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:18 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Dude, I am just getting started. It may take me some time to build the courage...but there is more where that came from. Not literally though.

LOL I don't know who you ever looked at that poor girl in the face ever again!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:32 am

Voice definitely takes the cake. Marrying her roomate is epic. It's almost an unwritten law not to date a past dates friend- but alls fair in love and war......

OK, 10 rules to dating:
1- there are no rules, cept when there are.
2- if the fun doesn't last - she'll prolly pass.
3- women are horndogs but on their own terms (see rule #2)
4- dating an ex gf's friend works on two conditions- 1- the ex gf is already in love and gave the go-ahead, or 2- the friend thinks you're so hot she's willing to forgo her friend.
5- doing the "hitch rule" when it comes to a first kiss is prudent.
6- don't call everyday. This may seem like a game but the 2/1 rule with keeping contact (unless you're exclusive) will make her appreciate you.... sounds dumb but so true. It's easy to scare off someone when you're always in their grill. IOW, she calls once- you're allowed to call twice lol. (yeah, I need help)
7- don't ever, EVER, talk about the past gf unless she asks (she doesn't care unless it's going somewhere)
8- be chivalrous, and, have thoughtful dates or bring an unexpected surprise (something she has talked about before that she's interested in)..... This has it's weight in gold. GOLD ppl- not copper or aluminum (however you spell it)
9- don't expect anything except a few fun dates.
10- if her primary way to communicate is texting- don't consider her as "potential."
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:24 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
Voice definitely takes the cake. Marrying her roomate is epic. It's almost an unwritten law not to date a past dates friend- but alls fair in love and war......

OK, 10 rules to dating:
4- dating an ex gf's friend works on two conditions- 1- the ex gf is already in love and gave the go-ahead, or 2- the friend thinks you're so hot she's willing to forgo her friend.
6- don't call everyday. This may seem like a game but the 2/1 rule with keeping contact (unless you're exclusive) will make her appreciate you.... sounds dumb but so true. It's easy to scare off someone when you're always in their grill. IOW, she calls once- you're allowed to call twice lol. (yeah, I need help)
7- don't ever, EVER, talk about the past gf unless she asks (she doesn't care unless it's going somewhere)
8- be chivalrous, and, have thoughtful dates or bring an unexpected surprise (something she has talked about before that she's interested in)..... This has it's weight in gold. GOLD ppl- not copper or aluminum (however you spell it)
10- if her primary way to communicate is texting- don't consider her as "potential."

Not so sure about 10. When my wife and I first started dating she would almost always text. She was very shy at the time ( Not at all anymore though). So I think it was just easier for her to text.

I think you should add a #11 for someone on here. DON'T PUKE AND DIARRHEA ON ANY GIRL. Unless she askes and then you should just probably move on anyway Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:29 am

Romoholic wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

OK, 10 rules to dating:

Not so sure about 10. When my wife and I first started dating she would almost always text. She was very shy at the time ( Not at all anymore though). So I think it was just easier for her to text.

I think you should add a #11 for someone on here. DON'T PUKE AND DIARRHEA ON ANY GIRL. Unless she askes and then you should just probably move on anyway Twisted Evil

#12...IF you do violate #11, then just marry the girl's roommate. She is hotter anyway.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Okay a bad dating experience I had was when my ex's roommate (they were no longer roommates at the time) took me to a Sushi restaurant and he didn't have enough money to cover the bill. I chipped in what little cash I had on me but that still didn't cover the bill. The owner was kind enough to give us a large "discount" and that was the one and only date we had. Poor guy.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:51 am

Okay, wait up, I'm writin' it down...

11. Don't puke when you kiss her, also don't poop.
12. NEVER get in a situation where you run out of money.

I also have some reservations about the "Don't talk about ex-GFs" rule. That's a big part of the "Wounded Poet" Gambit. It can work really well, esp. if you're at or living near a university. And it doesn't have all the complications of the "I Hope I'm Not Gay" strategy. (I've never used that one, but dozens of sit-coms have pointed out the risks.)

You talk about the painful relationship as if you were at fault, but Target Girl will immediately recognize the type of super-woman you were involved with as the type she has always hated/been jealous of. Maybe this only worked because in my case it was actually true, but it worked.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:48 am

Voice of reason needs to keep us entertained. Bring it!...or anyone else.

Ok, another rule..... Don't ever date someone from work. Why you ask? (and no, this hasn't happened to me) but you know there's like a 99.9% chance you'll end up breaking up-- this can lead to disaster professionally, especially if she's wounded and talks $hit. So, here's an alternative to the rule--- IF you have to date someone from work, there are two rules to follow imo:
1- let the rules be known, meaning, you're friends and can't speak of your dating life at work (good luck).
2- let her breakup with you. Just let her save face (even if you weren't interested a long time ago).

Romo, good point about rule 10. Yeah, texting is like a mini-buffer... It allows for communication about getting together but also keeps the "mystery" (for lack of a better word) in the dating process. Totally weird to me how women like a mysterious guy, but that's off the subject. Texting, after I got a new phone, is now pretty enjoyable, much faster... Still, can't replace a good ol' conversation, but I get your point. Women, all women, just like to text. It's like in their genes or something. I've seen women prefer texting for an hour- what would take the time to communicate in a 5 minute conversation.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:05 am

Trollificus wrote:
Okay, wait up, I'm writin' it down...

11. Don't puke when you kiss her, also don't poop.
12. NEVER get in a situation where you run out of money.

I also have some reservations about the "Don't talk about ex-GFs" rule. That's a big part of the "Wounded Poet" Gambit. It can work really well, esp. if you're at or living near a university. And it doesn't have all the complications of the "I Hope I'm Not Gay" strategy. (I've never used that one, but dozens of sit-coms have pointed out the risks.)

You talk about the painful relationship as if you were at fault, but Target Girl will immediately recognize the type of super-woman you were involved with as the type she has always hated/been jealous of. Maybe this only worked because in my case it was actually true, but it worked.

OMH, I just reread this and finally got the drift. So you're saying-- Make the Target girl (not a girl at Target LMAO) understand that you tried and failed due to circumstances out of your controll. IOW, she was too pretty for you, or, she didn't appreciate you or maybe your income and/or social status... Genius, especially if true..
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 am

Bring the noise.
I know there are great stories from ppl here about their dating lives, past or present. Scared much to share?
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Had a date stand up in my jeep when the top was off late at night and show the girls off while driving down the street lol.... ok it was a dare and just the bra but still.....
Had a date tell me I was her 16th date that week :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women............   Women............ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Women............
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: general-
Jump to: