Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Corbin's Offense Showcased Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corbin's Offense Showcased

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

Corbin's Offense Showcased Empty
PostSubject: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 am

Tonight against the Bumcats.

For those of you who get uptight analytical during the games like I do, looking for new sets and what not, you will see a lot of "new" things tonight. When the Jazz have played very poor defensive teams like the Raptors and Mavericks they've been able to run sets with success and not have to worry as much about missing shots and getting burned in transition. These games are almost like pulling back the curtain and peeking into a Jazz practice. Corbin's offense is actually visible, understandable, appreciable...

Look for more 4 down (in a line) and 1 up kinda like the old staggered line inbound play where guys screen for jump shooters. This got Hayward a very nice look in the Dallas game and I expect more of it tonight. Also look for the 4 up one down play that San Antonio crushes us with. Corbin runs this when the Jazz play inferior defenders. This group of guys ain't good enough (yet) to run these plays regularly against top-flight teams.

Again, unfortunately, there will be a lot of drive-and-dish nonsense. This will become a much stronger and hopefully focal point of the offense as Hayward continues his improvements. I also expect more Kanter post and kick. It'll be a lot of fun seeing him go against Biyombo given the chatter around that draft. That's a tall dude so don't expect much success from Kanter just yet. Kid is growing in leaps and bounds, but tall gives everyone fits a la Karl Malone vs. Shawn Bradley playoffs 2001.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am

B. Liberation wrote:
Tonight against the Bumcats.

For those of you who get uptight analytical during the games like I do, looking for new sets and what not, you will see a lot of "new" things tonight. When the Jazz have played very poor defensive teams like the Raptors and Mavericks they've been able to run sets with success and not have to worry as much about missing shots and getting burned in transition. These games are almost like pulling back the curtain and peeking into a Jazz practice. Corbin's offense is actually visible, understandable, appreciable...

Look for more 4 down (in a line) and 1 up kinda like the old staggered line inbound play where guys screen for jump shooters. This got Hayward a very nice look in the Dallas game and I expect more of it tonight. Also look for the 4 up one down play that San Antonio crushes us with. Corbin runs this when the Jazz play inferior defenders. This group of guys ain't good enough (yet) to run these plays regularly against top-flight teams.

Again, unfortunately, there will be a lot of drive-and-dish nonsense. This will become a much stronger and hopefully focal point of the offense as Hayward continues his improvements. I also expect more Kanter post and kick. It'll be a lot of fun seeing him go against Biyombo given the chatter around that draft. That's a tall dude so don't expect much success from Kanter just yet. Kid is growing in leaps and bounds, but tall gives everyone fits a la Karl Malone vs. Shawn Bradley playoffs 2001.

Nice observations. An otherwise unwatchable game made interesting because Corbin is forced to tweak the rotations in ways we have been clamoring for all season long. With the above, will be interesting to see if Burks can start putting together decent shooting percentages because otherwise he is heading into Ronnie Brewer land - a decent sub with energy and good D but never going to hurt you with his offense.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am

MTJazz wrote:

Nice observations. An otherwise unwatchable game made interesting because Corbin is forced to tweak the rotations in ways we have been clamoring for all season long.

Not only do I give Corbin a pass for his rotations thus far, I respect him for having a plan and sticking with it. That's one of the hardest things for humans to do but something just about every highly successful person does well, especially in the sporting world. It drives fans nuts at times and looks brilliant when everything falls into place.

Corbin's play the vets with KOC's vet additions where obvious holes were (3 point, point guard, and small forward) strategy was the route to go and obvious to even half wit fans. This was an 8 seed looking to move up to 6 or so. It hasn't work for some unexplainable reason (other than Jefferson and Millsap both regressing) and should be scrapped post trade deadline if nothing changes.

MTJazz wrote:
With the above, will be interesting to see if Burks can start putting together decent shooting percentages because otherwise he is heading into Ronnie Brewer land - a decent sub with energy and good D but never going to hurt you with his offense.

I doubt Burks will ever be the cutter Brewer was as few are. However, he has so many more tools in his belt than Brewer. His biggest challenge is slowing the game down and gaining better handles so he can take what he wants instead of reacting to defenders. His biggest weakness is also his biggest strength. He has one speed: full bore toward the basket. FWIW, I saw noticeable improvement in not doing this during the Mavericks game.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Didn't see nothing new tonight.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:

So you did see something new?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:47 pm

therawns wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:

So you did see something new?

Funny. Now new(s) is bad new(s)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corbin's Offense Showcased   Corbin's Offense Showcased Empty

Back to top Go down

Corbin's Offense Showcased
Page 1 of 1