Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13

Go down 
+9
Trollificus
PMartin
Calgary Jazz
TheMagnus
vryadli
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
zero24gravity
13 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 Empty
PostSubject: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

How many Jazz bench players record at least one double digit stat? (10+reb, 10+points, etc.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:51 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
How many Jazz bench players record at least one double digit stat? (10+reb, 10+points, etc.)

Jazz by 4

Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Jazz by 2.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 pm

jazz by 8 two.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

Chicago by 6.
one
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Jaz by 14; 3 players
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Jazz by 10, 4 players
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Jazz by 4
2 players.
Back to top Go down
PMartin
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm

jazz by 10
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Bulls by 11.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 pm

bulls 4
2 players
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm

The Bulls are just shooting the freaking lights out. Holy crap. I thought the Jazz have been playing decent D for the most part, but the Bulls have been hitting everything.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Wow whats up with the weak lineup? Marv W is like four on five?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 am

Look like me ball. Cant believe how crappie our guys looked. Why the F is MW out there? he has done nothing for a month! Enes 7 minutes?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:34 am

Bulls won by 4.
0 bench guys had double-digit stats in any category. (I think I should get a point for being the only person to guess under 2.)
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 am

Marvin Williams played 30 minutes.
DC played 15mins.

DC STILL had the better stat line. Sad. If Corbin wants to lose home games like this, then keep on playing the guy that doesn't do anything, over the guy the crowd absolutely loves and is only a positive for the team every time he steps on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 am

Mutangclan wrote:
DC played 15mins.

DC STILL had the better stat line. Sad. If Corbin wants to lose home games like this, then keep on playing the guy that doesn't do anything, over the guy the crowd absolutely loves and is only a positive for the team every time he steps on the floor.

Yes, Got to watch the game in ESPN in the SF Bay Area last night. I was extremely disappointed DC was taken out the last few minutes and Marvin put back in. Even when DC's play isn't showing up in the stats, he is giving it his all on both ends of the court and positively impacting the Jazz play with his intensity. He gets right up in people's grill and contests everything. Indicative of Marvin's less intense effort is the fact that 6'9" Marvin only averages 0.6 offensive boards per game in 26 minutes of play whereas Carroll averages 1.5 offensive boards in 17 minutes of play. Normalized to 48 mpg, we are talking nearly a 3.5:1 advantage for Carroll, 4.1 to 1.2 offensive rebounds per 48 mins. Carroll is the type of guy you want in your foxhole with you in a life and death situation where you need to pull out all the stops.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
DC played 15mins.

Yes, Got to watch the game in ESPN in the SF Bay Area last night. I was extremely disappointed DC was taken out the last few minutes and Marvin put back in. Even when DC's play isn't showing up in the stats, he is giving it his all on both ends of the court and positively impacting the Jazz play with his intensity. He gets right up in people's grill and contests everything. Indicative of Marvin's less intense effort is the fact that 6'9" Marvin only averages 0.6 offensive boards per game in 26 minutes of play whereas Carroll averages 1.5 offensive boards in 17 minutes of play. Normalized to 48 mpg, we are talking nearly a 3.5:1 advantage for Carroll, 4.1 to 1.2 offensive rebounds per 48 mins. Carroll is the type of guy you want in your foxhole with you in a life and death situation where you need to pull out all the stops.

I agree about DC giving it his all. There were a couple of minutes in the early 4th Q where I thought he was playing better than any other Jazz player. But, Boozer and Bellini were eating the Jazz up with DC on the court. It wasn't all DC's fault, but the lineup wasn't working. In the first half, DC was in the lineup with Favors and Kanter-- and Robinson, Booze and Bellini damaged us. DC had the worst of any Jazz player in the +/- category, but, I don't think it was all his fault. DC played much better with Millsap and Big Al. Maybe we should start DC with Millsap and Al, and use Marv as a go-to scorer with our 2nd unit? (I think that's what everyone's been saying ever since Heyhey went down, and, we're right!)
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
DC played 15mins.

I agree about DC giving it his all. There were a couple of minutes in the early 4th Q where I thought he was playing better than any other Jazz player. But, Boozer and Bellini were eating the Jazz up with DC on the court. It wasn't all DC's fault, but the lineup wasn't working. In the first half, DC was in the lineup with Favors and Kanter-- and Robinson, Booze and Bellini damaged us. DC had the worst of any Jazz player in the +/- category, but, I don't think it was all his fault. DC played much better with Millsap and Big Al. Maybe we should start DC with Millsap and Al, and use Marv as a go-to scorer with our 2nd unit? (I think that's what everyone's been saying ever since Heyhey went down, and, we're right!)

No offense, but Marvin and "go to scorer" is an oxymoron. One thing Marvin does in droves is not score.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:37 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
DC played 15mins.

No offense, but Marvin and "go to scorer" is an oxymoron. One thing Marvin does in droves is not score.

I gotta disagree-- not because you're wrong, but, for the same reason I've been thinking Marv could be a great player! Marv hasn't been a great player, at all. But, Marv, except for his rookie year, has never been a "go-to" guy. Particularly as a 2nd unit player. Marv has always been good enough to be a starter for ATL and us. In his first season with ATL, ATL tried to use Marv as the goto guy, but, he didn't deliver. Ever since, Marv has been a starter playing with other goto guys. Marv has been good enough to merit starting for his entire career. What we haven't seen is Marv playing with a gameplan to highlight him offensively with a 2nd unit. I'm not saying it would definitely succeed, but, it's something we haven't tried. With HeyHey out, now seems like a good time. DC could start without a burden of carrying the team, and Marv could come off the bench with a do or die mission. I think we might be able to lean on Marv at a point in games where he MAY be able to deliver. Kanter, Favors, and Marv might work for our 2nd unit.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:29 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Maybe we should start DC with Millsap and Al, and use Marv as a go-to scorer with our 2nd unit? (I think that's what everyone's been saying ever since Heyhey went down, and, we're right!)

Might be worth a shot to see if we can get Marv going.

Saint Louis wrote:
DC had the worst of any Jazz player in the +/- category, but, I don't think it was all his fault. DC played much better with Millsap and Big Al.

For the season, however, DC has the best plus minus on the Jazz by a huge margin:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22012&split=9&team=Jazz
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
DC played 15mins.

I gotta disagree-- not because you're wrong, but, for the same reason I've been thinking Marv could be a great player! Marv hasn't been a great player, at all. But, Marv, except for his rookie year, has never been a "go-to" guy. Particularly as a 2nd unit player. Marv has always been good enough to be a starter for ATL and us. In his first season with ATL, ATL tried to use Marv as the goto guy, but, he didn't deliver. Ever since, Marv has been a starter playing with other goto guys. Marv has been good enough to merit starting for his entire career. What we haven't seen is Marv playing with a gameplan to highlight him offensively with a 2nd unit. I'm not saying it would definitely succeed, but, it's something we haven't tried. With HeyHey out, now seems like a good time. DC could start without a burden of carrying the team, and Marv could come off the bench with a do or die mission. I think we might be able to lean on Marv at a point in games where he MAY be able to deliver. Kanter, Favors, and Marv might work for our 2nd unit.

Marv The Invisibile. Starts because he doesn't screw up -- and his draft order. He would be soooo second unit material on any other team than the one that blew the draft pick on him and couldn't let that go, and the Jazz, of course. It is a sin he has been starting over DMC all season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13   GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Chicago @ Utah 2/8/13
Page 1 of 1