Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Any word on Gordo? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any word on Gordo?

Go down 
+4
The Voice of Reason
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
Romoholic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I haven't heard anything about his return, although I'm sure it's going to be after the break. Seems like a long time off for a shoulder strain/sprain.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I haven't heard anything about his return, although I'm sure it's going to be after the break. Seems like a long time off for a shoulder strain/sprain.

All I've seen is that he is doubtful for the Minny game tonight, and that "sources" (whatever the hell that means), say he is expected to return immediately after the All-Star break.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Anybody think they might be telling him to take his time so they can showcase Burks before the trade deadline?

nah, I'm just making stuff up....
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:19 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Anybody think they might be telling him to take his time so they can showcase Burks before the trade deadline?

nah, I'm just making stuff up....

I wondered that. OK fine, I didn't wonder that exactly. But, I did wonder if Burks sudden increase in playing time (including down the stretch) is related to a possible showcasing.
The more I watch Burks, the more I
a) notice his weaknesses and
b) notice his strengths.

I am actually liking a lot of what I see with him.

As for GH...with the all-star game coming up anyway, I think that regardless, he should probably stay out until after. He may feel good enough to go right now, but why risk it when, given the all-star break, he can have another week of rest/rehab?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 pm

I dont think there is anything fishy at all going on, except for the fact that they didn't do a simple MRI on Gordo's shoulder two weeks ago, or any time since. He was maybe just a game, and now it's like 8. That to me is beyond strange, and it's worrisome.

I think Burks forced Corbins hand, just like DC. Thats it.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm

We have been fine without Gordon, but only because DC and Burkes have been playing so well, but we need him back soon. Regardless of how well those two play they aren't the players that Hayward is. They have done a great job filling in though, much like JT and Watson have done with Mo out. It's gonna be nice getting all our guns back for the final month or so of the season, might be able to make a push for the 6th or 5th seed.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I sprained my shoulder playing competitive Ultimate Frisbee, (and now, well past my playing days, they just started a pro league, MLU which will be awesome. If you love hoops you definitley should check out pro ultimate), and it took a solid 3 weeks to get full range of motion and ability to take full contact. Lots of funky muscle/tendon/ligaments groups up there in the shoulder. If the injury was more serious I'm sure the jazz would be saying so and getting him the treatment/surgery if needed. If anything I expect GH will need 3-4 games to get the rust off and get his shot falling again.
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

As much as I love watching GH play, and I love it a lot, GH's injury has been a blessing in disguise for Alec Burks (as has been the injury to Mo Williams, to a lesser degree). He's really been able to get some meaningful playing time and to showcase his talents. I think this will be important going forward when the Jazz brass has to make decisions about the future. And, in general, he's done really well.

That being said, I hope to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that GH will come back soon because the team needs his steady scoring and quality defense off the bench.

I want to see GH back at the very least as soon as the all-star break is over. I want to see GH kick Boston in the balls.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
As much as I love watching GH play, and I love it a lot, GH's injury has been a blessing in disguise for Alec Burks (as has been the injury to Mo Williams, to a lesser degree). He's really been able to get some meaningful playing time and to showcase his talents. I think this will be important going forward when the Jazz brass has to make decisions about the future. And, in general, he's done really well.

That being said, I hope to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that GH will come back soon because the team needs his steady scoring and quality defense off the bench.

I want to see GH back at the very least as soon as the all-star break is over. I want to see GH kick Boston in the balls.

Best line all month.

I think its been a blessing in disguise for Corbin. Out of necessity he was forced to play Burks and DC more, and just like most of us have said, they needed to play more. Now Corbin looks not too bad, those players are much happier, and everybody moves ahead, skipping and holding hands together. Lucky for Jazz fans too.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

Best line all month.

I think its been a blessing in disguise for Corbin. Out of necessity he was forced to play Burks and DC more, and just like most of us have said, they needed to play more. Now Corbin looks not too bad, those players are much happier, and everybody moves ahead, skipping and holding hands together. Lucky for Jazz fans too.

Like I said earlier, I think this will be good for the Jazz in the long term (having Heyhey out for a little stretch). I do have to say though, that we may have lost a game or two that our Say Hey Kid could have helped us win.

As the trade deadline approaches, all this just makes me anxious. I don't want to lose any of our young prospects, and I don't really want to lose any of our veteran starters. How can you improve your team without making trades? The draft? (Ugh.)

Sometimes it's hard being a Jazz fan. How can we root for out team, while still talking about trading? I guess all fans of any team face the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any word on Gordo? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any word on Gordo?   Any word on Gordo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any word on Gordo?
Page 1 of 1