Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Tony Parker Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tony Parker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thejazzkickazz
6th man

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Tony Parker   Tony Parker EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am

Aside from LeBron, is Tony Parker the best player in the league right now? I know this is just one game, but look what he did to the Clippers last night. In 28 minutes he had 31 pts and 7 assists, 12-16 shooting and 0 turnovers. Zero! And this was against Chris Paul, the "best" PG in the league. Paul had 4 pts, 3 assists and 3 TOs, btw.

The funny thing about Parker's line last night, he scored 31 points and was +31 on the +/- ratio. That's an MVP line, right there.

Oh yeh, and all of this happened on the Clippers' floor. Hopefully the Clips will lay an egg like this when the Jazz come to town.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker   Tony Parker EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 am

thejazzkickazz wrote:
Aside from LeBron, is Tony Parker the best player in the league right now? I know this is just one game, but look what he did to the Clippers last night. In 28 minutes he had 31 pts and 7 assists, 12-16 shooting and 0 turnovers. Zero! And this was against Chris Paul, the "best" PG in the league. Paul had 4 pts, 3 assists and 3 TOs, btw.

The funny thing about Parker's line last night, he scored 31 points and was +31 on the +/- ratio. That's an MVP line, right there.

Oh yeh, and all of this happened on the Clippers' floor. Hopefully the Clips will lay an egg like this when the Jazz come to town.

Amen to that. Ya, Parker, and the Spurs as a whole, are freaking scary right now. He's definitely playing at an MVP type level, the level where you just go out and take what you want almost every night and you know nobody can stop you. I think he may be the only PG in the NBA that is doing that right now, and Chris Paul is the only other player with the ability to do it.

Since we are talking about dark hors MVP candidates, let me throw James Harden out there too. In the month of February Harden is averaging 30 pts, 7.6 reb, 7.3 ast, and shooting 56/56/84. That's better than Lebron and Lebron just finnished a record setting run of efficiency and 30 pt games.

If Daryl Morey isn't GM of the year, the award is meaningless.

Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker   Tony Parker EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

I suspect that game the other night was the biggest beat down of Paul's career. Yep, Parker is having a great season worthy of MVP consideration. Too bad the Spurs didn't beat the Warriors last night though. Funny thing is that Bogut was out again. For some reason the Warriors have had more success without him. He is out indefinitely again, this time with back problems.

Regarding Morey, Harden and the Rockets, the Rockets finished ninth last season and are currently in eighth place this season. For Harden to be taken seriously as an MVP candidate, I think they would have to finish much higher, and maybe even finish much higher for Morey to nab the GM of the Year. Their current winning percentage would have nabbed them just two more wins on last season's 66 game schedule. But there is no denying that the Rockets are a young team on the rise and that Harden is the most successful acquisition league wide from last summer's off season activity. The Jazz have their work cut off to stave off this Rockets' team down the stretch.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker   Tony Parker EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 pm

The Spurs/Clips game had to be Parker's best game so far in the best season of his career! And, the way Parker has kept SA going while Duncan and Ginobli have been out HAS to put Parker in the top five for MVP. I don't see anyone but LBJ as this year's MVP, though. And, KD would probably still be my 2nd pick.

If I remember right, they pick the MVP before the championship. If the Spurs win it all, they may decide to hold off for voting League MVP until after it's all said and done.

As for hoping CP3 has as horrible a game as he had against SA, I hope, but, don't expect it likely.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker   Tony Parker EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 am

Looks like Tony Parker will be out for about a month with an ankle injury. That is obviously a big blow to the Spurs, & will likely open the door for for teams like the Clippers & Memphis. Of coarse, I wouldn't be suprised if the Spurs just keep chuggin' along without missing a beat either. That team is steady.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2013/03/02/tony-parker-injury-sprained-ankle-out-san-antonio/1958859/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

Tony Parker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Parker   Tony Parker Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Parker
Page 1 of 1