Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Mo back this week Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mo back this week

Go down 
+5
Richardale
outerspacefan
Mutangclan
Romoholic
aliveandkickin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aliveandkickin
Starter

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 am

If true will he help keep the Lakers from overtaking us? Certainly he's a better option than Watson- even if he's rusty.

Also, someone said if the Jazz had a different coach that Burks would already be the backup point. Don't know if that's true but I'm ALL for Burks getting minutes over Watson and Tinsley... Can't see why he wouldn't at this point.
One thing Burks needs to do is just stay infront of his man... Don't worry about helping out defensively- just stop his guy from making a layup. If he can do this consistently he'll be getting minutes and the coaches trust.

Mo has the right amount of time to get back in game shape and help the Jazz in the playoffs (if they get there).
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 am

Not to get off the subject- even though it's been discussed by others in a different thread, but Marvin is bad... really, really bad guys. I saw the thread where someone said he doesn't stand-out and he also doesn't show as a glaring weakness- he's just average.
I don't see why DC and Hayward don't half the minutes at sf while Gordon gets around 12 at sg as well... Just totally cut out Marvin even if (and he will) be back next yr with us. Heck, the Jazz may want to amnesty Marv next yr- but I haven't gone into the math or if amnestying 7.5 mill is worth it... That's another subject entirely that can wait.

So my wish-list of guys getting time for the remainder of the season are:

pg-- MO, Burks .. they both get 24 min evenly until Mo shows he's producing
sg- Foye 24 min, Burks 12 min, Gordo 12 min
sf- DC 24 min, Gordo 24
PF Millsap 32, Kanter 16
Cent- Jefferson 32, Favors 16

That's right, give Gordo and Burks 36 min each until/if they make the playoffs.. and I already said the Lakers won't catch them so "until" they make the playoffs. Watson, Tinsley, and Marv are sol imo, because they haven't earned minutes over the others.

Of course the pf and center spots may vary in minutes slightly but this 9 man rotation is what I'd go with if Mo is healthy.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
Not to get off the subject- even though it's been discussed by others in a different thread, but Marvin is bad... really, really bad guys. I saw the thread where someone said he doesn't stand-out and he also doesn't show as a glaring weakness- he's just average.
I don't see why DC and Hayward don't half the minutes at sf while Gordon gets around 12 at sg as well... Just totally cut out Marvin even if (and he will) be back next yr with us. Heck, the Jazz may want to amnesty Marv next yr- but I haven't gone into the math or if amnestying 7.5 mill is worth it... That's another subject entirely that can wait.

sf- DC 24 min, Gordo 24
PF Millsap 32, Kanter 16

That's right, give Gordo and Burks 36 min each until/if they make the playoffs.. and I already said the Lakers won't catch them so "until" they make the playoffs. Watson, Tinsley, and Marv are sol imo, because they haven't earned minutes over the others.

Of course the pf and center spots may vary in minutes slightly but this 9 man rotation is what I'd go with if Mo is healthy.

Can't wait to get Mo back in the mix. And yes Marvin is horrible!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

aliveandkickin wrote:

sf- DC 24 min, Gordo 24
PF Millsap 32, Kanter 16

I'm not sure if minutes all break down correctly or not, but agree here. Except more mins for Fav and Kanter if available. There is no reason to play Watson/Tinsely/Marvin at this point. None. Like, NONE.......But Corbin is the coach. So he'll keep helping us lose games, until it's too late. I dont see the changes happening that this team needs to be successful. Instead, we'll just keep dropping like we have, from 6th......to 7th......now 8th.....and then out. Good job Corbin.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

It will take Mo some games to be in game form again and we will suffer from it a little bit, but if he comes back I really don't want to watch more Watson or Marvin
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am

Prob with Mo coming back is Burks will be the guy rotting at the end of the bench again! And if that happens Millers better be looking for us a new coach for next year!
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Richardale wrote:
Prob with Mo coming back is Burks will be the guy rotting at the end of the bench again! And if that happens Millers better be looking for us a new coach for next year!

If that happens I will have to start thinking about Corbin not being an honest man. Marvin and Watson are the ones he should put at the end of the bench; it's so darn obvious that it doesn't even make sense to talk too much on it.

Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:27 pm

I can't see Mo hurting the Jazz upon return if Ty doesn't overplay him if his rust is still too deep. Once he is back in the saddle with the rust off he should make the Jazz slightly better. The principle thing Mo can do is insure Watson never sees the floor and actually demand some defensive when he is open on the outside. Sadly though, Mo is no superstar, just a decent PG - he isn't going to suddenly win games for the Jazz. Unfortunately, slightly better may not be enough at this point in the season to make much of a difference with respect to making the playoffs. Further bunging things up will be Al's return which is arguably not an upgrade over what Favors/Kanter have been giving in his absence.

Messy messy messy situation in Jazzland. Ty is way over his head with respect to parsing minutes among every guy that deserves them and continues to ride the Three Headed Shithorse of Marvin/Watson/Foye. Yes, Foye. I know some folks here are enamored with him for some reason but he has absolutely sucked balls for over a month and deserves little more than 10-15 minutes in relief of Burks. As I posted in another thread, doesn't it make obvious sense to start your 5 best players? Mo/Burks/GH/Sap/Al. Screw the "GH is better off the bench" argument - he is ready to start until proven otherwise. Favors/Kanter/Burks/Foye/DC is plenty of offense for the second unit. Corbin will not be run out of town starting his 5 best players - no coach would.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Corbin will not be run out of town starting his 5 best players - no coach would.

Well that can't be true, otherwise he'd already be doing it! <STRONG SARCASM>
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I can't see Mo hurting the Jazz upon return if Ty doesn't overplay him if his rust is still too deep. Once he is back in the saddle with the rust off he should make the Jazz slightly better. The principle thing Mo can do is insure Watson never sees the floor and actually demand some defensive when he is open on the outside. Sadly though, Mo is no superstar, just a decent PG - he isn't going to suddenly win games for the Jazz. Unfortunately, slightly better may not be enough at this point in the season to make much of a difference with respect to making the playoffs. Further bunging things up will be Al's return which is arguably not an upgrade over what Favors/Kanter have been giving in his absence.

Messy messy messy situation in Jazzland. Ty is way over his head with respect to parsing minutes among every guy that deserves them and continues to ride the Three Headed Shithorse of Marvin/Watson/Foye. Yes, Foye. I know some folks here are enamored with him for some reason but he has absolutely sucked balls for over a month and deserves little more than 10-15 minutes in relief of Burks. As I posted in another thread, doesn't it make obvious sense to start your 5 best players? Mo/Burks/GH/Sap/Al. Screw the "GH is better off the bench" argument - he is ready to start until proven otherwise. Favors/Kanter/Burks/Foye/DC is plenty of offense for the second unit. Corbin will not be run out of town starting his 5 best players - no coach would.

You're kidding about that, aren't you? Slightly better would be the difference between going 1-4 over the last 5 games and being in 8th place, and going 3-2 and being in 6th place. The difference between 9th and 6th now stands at a meger 3 games, with the Jazz dead in the middle. Slightly better fron here on out could be the difference between 6th and 9th.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Richardale wrote:

If the Jazz fall all the way out of the playoff race and Corbin keeps his job next season I would be very surprised, I know the Jazz don't like to make changes but this would be an epic fall and it would all fall on the Coach without question.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:38 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Corbin will not be run out of town starting his 5 best players - no coach would.

Well that can't be true, otherwise he'd already be doing it! <STRONG SARCASM>

It's also not true that it always makes sense to start your 5 best players [no sarcasm].

With this group though, at this point in the season, it makes perfect sense.

Burks isn't one of the 5 best though, DC gets the nod in that spot.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

dongibby wrote:
Richardale wrote:

If the Jazz fall all the way out of the playoff race and Corbin keeps his job next season I would be very surprised, I know the Jazz don't like to make changes but this would be an epic fall and it would all fall on the Coach without question.

So far, all the changes that Corban makes seem to be out of necessity, not because of good coaching/choice. Maybe, just maybe, this latest skid will cause a change to the line-up out of necessity. (I'm hoping that SOMETHING positive will come out of this losing streak.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

Mo back this week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mo back this week   Mo back this week Empty

Back to top Go down

Mo back this week
Page 1 of 1