Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13

Go down 
+7
Jazz Dog
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Trollificus
Romoholic
zero24gravity
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 Empty
PostSubject: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Who gets more Points + Assists; Hayward or Millsap?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 pm

GS by 8

Gordo
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm

GS by 11. Gordo.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Jazz by 11.
Millsap.

(Edited before tipoff)
Probably not a smart move as it relates to my GTS standings, but lakers lost and, I'm just feeling something coming on.
Now, excuse me while I go take care of that feeling that is coming on.

Last edited by The Voice of Reason on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am

jazz by 6 millslap
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 pm

GSW by 9
Millsap.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Jazz by 4   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Hayward has a big game.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Jazz by 3
Gordo.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Aw crap, wish this was at home ..... hope I'm wrong, otherwise there go the playoffs....
GS by 6
Hayward
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Lets ROLL! Fakies lost to Clips, winning puts LA out looking in!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:19 pm

I have no idea what Mo started taking but if he is going to go all Lance A on us, please share with O-For-Foye (OFF, I'm branding this one for Foye). I swear, there is no way in hell Foye should start on any maybe playoff team. He is just terrible, both sides of the ball. Its like that Marvin thing, takes a long time to dawn on the coach that, well, maybe...yes...he sucks. Great win for the Jazz, playoff intensity, on the road. This is the SECOND time all season the Jazz beat a playoff team on the road, so nice work!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Now that was a solid win. Wasn't sure they had it in them.

Be interesting to see if they can get something going against OKC....
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Well, if they can, I would call this once again a funny Jazz team...on...long off...on...off. The fact the Jazz are sweating the 8th spot is confusing considering how well we see them play sometimes, like tonight. If they beat OKC, awesome, we're in, but man, they are such headcases...what the hell is the secret with these guys, anyway? Or are they truly just an average team trying to make the playoffs, not a squandered season of talent?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Well, if they can, I would call this once again a funny Jazz team...on...long off...on...off. The fact the Jazz are sweating the 8th spot is confusing considering how well we see them play sometimes, like tonight. If they beat OKC, awesome, we're in, but man, they are such headcases...what the hell is the secret with these guys, anyway? Or are they truly just an average team trying to make the playoffs, not a squandered season of talent?

I'd definitely say they are an average team trying to make the playoffs. For all of the maddening inconsistency everything about the Jazz for the last 3 years has been just about average and not too far off of "experts" expectations.

This is a team that has enough talent to be dangerous to anybody on any given night, but not enough of it to be dangerous to anyone every night.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Jazz won by 7
Hayward had the better points+assists

Good effort. They looked like they wanted it all game long.
And other than that stretch where Thompson scored over Mo 4 times, I even thought the coaching was good. The offense/defense subs between Al and Favors (who looked great) at the end worked out perfectly.

Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Great win by the jazz. I'm like mags...I didn't think they had it in them (until I decided to change prediction moments before tipoff)

Gotta go get OKC now. Once again, the jazz literally control their own destiny.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I'd definitely say they are an average team trying to make the playoffs. For all of the maddening inconsistency everything about the Jazz for the last 3 years has been just about average and not too far off of "experts" expectations.

This is a team that has enough talent to be dangerous to anybody on any given night, but not enough of it to be dangerous to anyone every night.

I suddenly am more peaceful. Life as a fan is much easier seeing the Jazz as an average team in the league making a spirited run at making the playoffs. The coach is average. The FO is average. The rotations are average. Life as a Jazz fan is average. Hey, it could be worse, we could be getting more ping pong balls!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 am

Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Last two games, DC getting meaningful minutes and making a difference. Can't be understated. He is literally a shot of adrenaline/play smartness to the team when he's in there.

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs. Mo still went all hero baller on us, but I'm pretty sure that's not the play that was called, but he was killing it all night and that's who he is so I guess we just have to take the good with the bad. I'm sure it won't be the last time we win or lose at the hand of a Mo Williams pull up jumper.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Shocking.

Yup. If I was to pick a shortened rotation for the Jazz this would probably be it. Tinsley does a great Job with that second unit, has all year. I like going with Demarre and Marvin, and I think going with those two and Tinsley over Burks is the right move right now. He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day. Corbin also played Jefferson less and Favors more, which some people might question because they look at the box score and think he was playing so much better than Millsap, but the +/- and the overall results say that was also the right move, especially given Jacksons blatant strategy to attack Big Al.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs.

To me that game was probably the apex of Corbin's coaching career, easily the best game I've seen him coach.

Wondering who is doing all the whispering into Corbin's ear now.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Shocking.

Two other things that blew me away last night, the Jazz actually ran inbounds plays with a short clock that worked, and Corbin went situational subs.

Wondering who is doing all the whispering into Corbin's ear now.... Rolling Eyes

Or what made him start listening?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 am

TheMagnus wrote:
He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day.

I already comment that I thought this was a well coached game, but I will disagree that taking Mo off Curry was a nice move. Thompson killed Mo even worse than Curry. And it wasn't just once, it was repeated over & over. Mo's shot was on, which was great, but his D against anyone he guarded was bad. He really is looking like the guard equivelant to Al.... he may get his, but his man will get those points all back. In his defense, being without Burks did make Corbin's job a little tougher, since he couldn't go to a Foye/Burks line-up. However, I still thought that was a bad move that was immediatley exploited by the Warriors, and not adjusted to quickly enough by Ty.

But still, way better job overall by the coaches. And as I said before, the offense/defense subs at the end between Al & Favors were perfect.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 am

Ya know what is crazy? I saw someone in another forum point out that if both the Jazz and Lakers won out and the Warriors go 1-4, Warriors are out of playoffs and the Jazz are the 7th seed. How nutz would that be? Not that the 7th seed would help the Jazz out much with respect to taking on SA or OKC, but then the Jazz would get GSW's pick at #14. I can't decide which scenario I like better - GSW getting karmic payback for last year's tank-a-thon or Fakies not making playoffs. Tough one, but Laker hate runs deep in my veins, I totally want them to become The Biggest Fail Ever!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

MTJazz wrote:
Ya know what is crazy? I saw someone in another forum point out that if both the Jazz and Lakers won out and the Warriors go 1-4, Warriors are out of playoffs and the Jazz are the 7th seed. How nutz would that be? Not that the 7th seed would help the Jazz out much with respect to taking on SA or OKC, but then the Jazz would get GSW's pick at #14. I can't decide which scenario I like better - GSW getting karmic payback for last year's tank-a-thon or Fakies not making playoffs. Tough one, but Laker hate runs deep in my veins, I totally want them to become The Biggest Fail Ever!

That would be great, but knowing how the Universe works when it comes to this whole GS pick... they, would win a top 3 pick (it's a top 7 protected pick), leaving the Jazz with only a couple second rounders from them.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Shocking.

I actually mentioned this to my wife during the last game. He doesn't play DC for like two weeks and all of the sudden starts giving him meaningful minutes. Curious!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next