Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Clean house  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clean house

Go down 
+8
outerspacefan
MTJazz
Kenngo1969
dongibby
Mutangclan
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
Richardale
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

There're some players that come out like we can't win! Those guys played like poop and need to be gone!
Al played half arse Howard jumped out of the way on D, out of the f in way? Gone! We need players that bring it. Favors is the jazz going ahead not Al, Trade big Al for a pick! Let Howard walk! AND ****** THE REFS AND STREN!!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

I have to agree with you 100% No
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Nah...you can get more for Al than a pick....but yes, need to trade or let walk: Al, Harris, Raja, Howard, CJ, and that one funny looking white guy.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Nah...you can get more for Al than a pick....but yes, need to trade or let walk: Al, Harris, Raja, Howard, CJ, and that one funny looking white guy.

Trade Al and GSW pick for Rondo! Rondo has some spit and fire about him. More than i can say about some of our guys.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Richardale wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:

Trade Al and GSW pick for Rondo! Rondo has some spit and fire about him. More than i can say about some of our guys.

I don't know what we could trade, for whom, but I agree that the GSW pick should be traded. It's a good chip, but needs to be used.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

What a JOKE! Jazz players look like there shoes are nailed to the floor. I hope we make some noise this off season. If this is what we have to look forward as far as effert goes.90% of the jazz gave 20% for the spurs match up. Give me a draft pick any day and get rid of our 20%ers! If we come out with the same team next year i'm done with the jazz! I want my ring!lol DC Favors Burks Hayward and Kanter can stay for sure then all others need to be put on trade block next year. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:05 pm

johnhollinger Jazz were a year ahead of schedule just getting this far. Very bright future with Favors/Hayward/Burks/Kanter and the two star bigs.
16 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

johnhollinger Jazz were a year ahead of schedule just getting this far. Very bright future with Favors/Hayward/Burks/Kanter and the two star bigs.
16 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

These Kids where overachievers no question about it this year and with all of the changes this team has made over the last two season what they have been able to do is pretty dam impressive it gives me a lot of pride to call myself a long time fan of theirs because of the way they have played up to this point, This is the kind of things that this franchise is known for over the years and with all of the changes that have been made it's good to see that things are still the same for the Jazz in that respect.

The Jazz have taken big steps in the process of rebuilding this team in a very shot time they have made moves and drafted players that has helped them do something that nobody thought they would be able to do and make the playoffs this season. I have said this before this team in all reality should be near or at the bottom of the league this season in wins, thats where most of the NBA guys was saying they would be before the season started but the Jazz young Kids and their inexperanced coached was able to do the unthinkably.

I am also hoping that the Jazz try to get players that will fill the needs this team has at the PG, SG and SF position, they have some promising young players already who still needs to work on their games but until they get those players the Jazz will need some help and this summer's free agent list has a number of players that fit into those needs. They also have very good trade chips that could bring back the kind of player's the Jazz are in need of so I think O'Conner will be doing everything he can to make something happen this summer.

I think the Jazz also needs to look at adding a big who could come in and fill up the paint behind Favors if he end's up being the starting C playing along side of Milsap at the PF, Kanter is going to be a player for the Jazz one day and the more playing time he gets the faster his game comes around but at the end of the day 3 guys just is not enough. I think a team needs more than 3 guys at the 4 & 5 spots or they just won't have enough players if an injure happens, I think a team needs 4 guys at the very least but 5 would be better at those position and looking at this summers free agent's there will be some bigs the Jazz could go after or trade for that would help this team take the next step in the rebuilding process also let's keep our fingers crossed for O'Conner to do this.
Back to top Go down
Kenngo1969
Rookie

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Granted, one bad play does not a bad player make, he did do some (a lot of) good things this season, but seeing Al Jefferson throw the ball away to Manu Ginobili, then seeing him turn and watch as Ginobili drove to the other end for a layup (a layup he would have made uncontested ... if the much-smaller Devin Harris hadn't both busted his @$$ and sprained his ankle getting to the other end to block it) has soured me on Jefferson. If he doesn't give a d@mn about turnovers or defense, he can take his overpaid @$$ and go make his $14 million a year somewhere else, in my opinion. It shows me something that makes me want to keep the former and trade the latter.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Big Al was the best player on the team the entire season. I know many of you think it was in fact Paul Millsap but in my book not the case. Milly didn't show up far too many games this year compared to Al. Al carried the Jazz many a night as one of the only guys that could score, (since no one on that team can hit a jump shot).

What I do agree on is Big Al's trade value. Get a player back who has the same capacity to carry the team a lot of nights. Rondo? Sure, why not? Realize, however, that all the sudden the Jazz wouldn't be fully staffed in the paint and would therefore need a PF/C to back-up Sap/Favors with Kanter. The only thing for sure right now is that CJ and Raja are gone with no real impact return to the Jazz, with the TE, GSW pick and either Harris or Big Al as the obvious tradeable assets. The bottom line is we are not going to get a serious team upgrade at the wing, point and paint with those assets mentioned. I think KOC has to drill down with his staff and figure what truly is the most important missing piece and the impact to the team of giving up an important piece like Al.

My guess is the Jazz will bank on the young guns coming back more skilled and hungry, upgrade #1. The role players/bench is solid in my book as constituted. After that you have to figure a high percentage shooter is the top of the list. So, Al and assets for a shooter and have KOC go find a PF/C Demarre type on the cheap?

Easy to be pissed off, hard to come up with what the realistic options and best strategy is.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Al was no worse in the playoffs than Milsap was....Just saying
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm

We'll see a much different roster next season. If we don't, start saying goodbye to Favors... we didn't accelerate his development and now we have one lonely guaranteed season left on his contract... we didn't show him trust over one and a half season, and these things just use to come bite you later...

I expect Bell, Miles, Howard, Jefferson, Harris, Watson to start next season in a different uni; and I really don't think Millsap will be playing for the Jazz for much more time (may be he starts the season in SLC but he won't be a Jazzman by midseason trade deadline).

Guys I expect back: Favors, Hayward, Burks, Tinsley, Carroll, Kanter, Evans (probably Millsap for a while too).

Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: A different take   Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm

I think Bell and Miles are gone. I think the Jazz look to re-sign Carroll. I think they take a hard look atHoward, this could go either way. I think they'll look to upgrade at PG, and at SG/SF. As for Jefferson, Favors and Milsap I think they'll all be back.

My reasoning is this. Although many of us are disappointed and frustrated by the way this year ended, this team over-achieved in the eyes of most experts. I personally think the Jazz Management are pretty happy with the progress and growth this team experienced and will try to continue this next year. In part, I think this because we got beaten by a team whose main trio of players have been together for years and it showed in the way they played together.

The Jazz have one of the youngest, yet potentially best frontcourts in basketball in the building process right now. I'd be surprised to see them break this up short of being able to land a Rondo or DW quality PG, both of whom are almost certainly unattainable.

We all realize Big Al is not great defender, but realistically how many guys are out there, we could obtain, who would be an upgrade at the position. Trading him to upgrade the PG position, leaves us with one less quality scoring option for the new PG to utilize.

Part of Favor's improvement has been on the defensive end. I think the Jazz will wait and see if the playoff experience lights a fire under Favors, Jefferson and others to improve their defensive intensity next year. Then, if this doesn't happen perhaps they'll look to change directions.

Bottom Line: Whether we like it or not, are satisfied or not, I think this season will ultimately be viewed as a smashing success by those in the positions to make changes. Therefore, they will look to grow simply by experience as has been their historical approach, while making limited changes.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:45 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
We'll see a much different roster next season. If we don't, start saying goodbye to Favors... we didn't accelerate his development and now we have one lonely guaranteed season left on his contract... we didn't show him trust over one and a half season, and these things just use to come bite you later...

I expect Bell, Miles, Howard, Jefferson, Harris, Watson to start next season in a different uni; and I really don't think Millsap will be playing for the Jazz for much more time (may be he starts the season in SLC but he won't be a Jazzman by midseason trade deadline).

Guys I expect back: Favors, Hayward, Burks, Tinsley, Carroll, Kanter, Evans (probably Millsap for a while too).

I think the Jazz have a team option on Favors or 2013-14, so don't panic yet about him becoming disgruntled. By then he will have started 1.5 years, not bad for a kid who will be 21 years old then. I'd say that is plenty fast development. Still don't understand why people think Millsap will go anywhere as trade or otherwise. He is more core to the team than Al as he is a lot cheaper and gives you almost as much. If you are right that starters Harris and Al are gone, (can't think if the Jazz have ever changed out two starters in one season; would be unprecedented for them), the Jazz will have a new look but not necessarily be a better team because you would have to upgrade both starter positions to be better and as I mentioned above, how exactly does that work with the trade assets the Jazz have? The Jazz never have and never will panic and blow-up a team, which under your assumption is bringing in 6 new guys, 2 of them starters, much less Millsap as well. At most it will be one starter and my guess is 3-4 new role players.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

ptaz66 wrote:
I think Bell and Miles are gone. No shit. lol! .after what they said today. I think the Jazz look to re-sign Carroll. I think they take a hard look atHoward, this could go either way. I think they'll look to upgrade at PG, and at SG/SF. As for Jefferson, Favors and Milsap I think they'll all be back.

My reasoning is this. Although many of us are disappointed and frustrated by the way this year ended, this team over-achieved in the eyes of most experts. I personally think the Jazz Management are pretty happy with the progress and growth this team experienced and will try to continue this next year. In part, I think this because we got beaten by a team whose main trio of players have been together for years and it showed in the way they played together.

The Jazz have one of the youngest, yet potentially best frontcourts in basketball in the building process right now. I'd be surprised to see them break this up short of being able to land a Rondo or DW quality PG, both of whom are almost certainly unattainable.

We all realize Big Al is not great defender, but realistically how many guys are out there, we could obtain, who would be an upgrade at the position. Trading him to upgrade the PG position, leaves us with one less quality scoring option for the new PG to utilize.

Part of Favor's improvement has been on the defensive end. I think the Jazz will wait and see if the playoff experience lights a fire under Favors, Jefferson and others to improve their defensive intensity next year. Then, if this doesn't happen perhaps they'll look to change directions.

Bottom Line: Whether we like it or not, are satisfied or not, I think this season will ultimately be viewed as a smashing success by those in the positions to make changes. Therefore, they will look to grow simply by experience as has been their historical approach, while making limited changes.

I just don't think you can keep Favors, Milsap and Jefferson. Favors has to start from here on out. So you have to look at Al and Milsap. They are both expiring contracts. I really can't say who to keep. I think you look at who you can get the most value out of in a trade. I love Milsap and Jefferson is one of the truly good guys in the league. It's a tough decision. I'm glad I don't have to make it No
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Start all three   Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Romoholic wrote:
ptaz66 wrote:
I think Bell and Miles are gone. No shit. lol! .after what they said today. I think the Jazz look to re-sign Carroll. I think they take a hard look atHoward, this could go either way. I think they'll look to upgrade at PG, and at SG/SF. As for Jefferson, Favors and Milsap I think they'll all be back.

I just don't think you can keep Favors, Milsap and Jefferson. Favors has to start from here on out. So you have to look at Al and Milsap. They are both expiring contracts. I really can't say who to keep. I think you look at who you can get the most value out of in a trade. I love Milsap and Jefferson is one of the truly good guys in the league. It's a tough decision. I'm glad I don't have to make it No

I agree trading one makes sense, but as effective as they were playing together, I simply don't see the Jazz Brass doing it short of landing a top ten PG. Even then, the only way I see it working is if they have sufficient confidence in Evans to be the back-up PF to either Millsap or Jefferson, whichever one stays, to pull the trigger.

Giving more minutes to Evans may not be a bad idea. Evans has been productive in the minutes he's gotten, few as they were. Given minutes he could show similiar improvement to Hayward, Burks, Favors, and Kanter who got more minutes.

I don't see too many trades where we could up-grade both PG and get another player who would be better than who we already have as well, resulting in an up-grade to a second position. It could happen, but it would certainly be a bit of a surprise.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Romoholic wrote:

It's not really tough for me at all, if the jazz are going to deal a big, then Jefferson is the guy I'm dealing. My reasons are the same as they have been since before the season started.

I thought it then and I think it now, the two guys that really just don't fit with this young core are Harris and Jefferson. I like them both, and i don't hate the idea of keeping either or both of them, but I just don't see them fitting as the rest of the team grows up.

They are also the two highest paid players on the team right now.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

It's not really tough for me at all, if the jazz are going to deal a big, then Jefferson is the guy I'm dealing. My reasons are the same as they have been since before the season started.

I thought it then and I think it now, the two guys that really just don't fit with this young core are Harris and Jefferson. I like them both, and i don't hate the idea of keeping either or both of them, but I just don't see them fitting as the rest of the team grows up.

They are also the two highest paid players on the team right now.

I just think Milsap was just as bad if not worse than Al in the playoffs. I don't see how he fits any better or worse that Al. Unless I'm missing something?
Back to top Go down
Mister 4x4
Rookie
Mister 4x4

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Was it me, or during the 3rd & 4th quarter did it seem like the only ones scoring in the lane were Big Al and Millsap when Harris sat? Everybody else couldn't hit squat (in the paint), and there were only a handful of jumpers made as well.

Nah - Big Al did OK... just didn't have much of an answer for Duncan.

But yeah, Raja, Miles (did he even dress?) and maybe Favors (seemed like he had lead in the Nikes) probably need to go. Hayward needs more practice on his 3s, or start learning how to play inside.

I tend to agree that we're a lot farther along than we should be. Who'da thunk'it we'd make the play-offs this year anyway? I would've thought, however, we'd bag at least 1 at home though - which is the big disappointment for me this year. I do expect more from this team next year though.

Meh - I'm good with NASCAR til next October (when I'm not working on the Rustang, that is).
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Millsap was worse offensively, but a gagillion times better defensively.

I think millsap fits better because he's more versatile, he's a better defender, he's a better passer, and he doesn't dominate the ball the way Jefferson does.

If the jazz go away from Harris, as we all think they should, then Jefferson's importance to the offence goes down. He's not any better at running the pick and roll than he is at defending it. He doesn't run the court. He has to have the ball in his hands to be effective.

Millsap on the other hand does all that stuff, and he does whatever he needs to do, as the young guys grow he will grow with them, compliment them. Jefferson will just be Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: good thread   Clean house  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:11 pm

I like most of the comments being said here. I don't agree with all of them but you all make good arguments. I think the only three guys who are gone for sure are Miles, Bell and Ahearn. I think they use Harris as a chip with the expiring contract to try to improve in that area as they get further under the cap. Harris will definitely be gone if they do get GS pick because I think they will go small with that pick.

I don't believe they trade any of their big 4 (Jefferson, Favors, Milsap and Kanter). I think they experimented with the big three starting and playing more together and I think they liked the results. I think Evans is filler and doesn't really matter either way on this team. They're not going to give Milsaps, Jeffersons or Favors minutes to him.

At the first of the year we all would have been pleased with the results we just witness. The youngsters over performed and got a lot of valuable minutes this year.

In my opinion for the whole year:

Jefferson play better defense than I expected and the offense was expected. Overall I would give him a B+.
Milsap played defense like I expected and the offense was a little off. Overall I would give him a B.
Favors played less than I expected but improved throughout the year, future all star. Overall I would give him a B.
Hayward exceeded everything in my opinion, future all star. Overall I would give him a A-. Last game dropped him since that is what I'll remember most.
Burks exceeded my expectation. Overall I would give B-.
Kanter started good, got wore down during the year. Overall I would give him C+.
Harris had a up and down season. Can't go higher than a C.
Back up point guards- Watson and Tinsely- B
Miles----F
Evans- won slam dunk contest, nothing more- C-
Bell and Howard- injured to much-D
Carroll- Only played part of the season- C, if he had played the whole year I would have gave him at least a B. I would sign him to three year deal.
Ahearn- incomplete
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Romoholic wrote:
ptaz66 wrote:

Maybe we should trade Paul to Portland for Nets pick We all know they wanted him? Sure others would need to be put into the deal to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Maybe take both picks and give em our trade exp. and GSW pick with deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clean house  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean house    Clean house  Empty

Back to top Go down

Clean house
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: