Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome   I want high pick~ Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I want high pick~

Go down 
+2
The Voice of Reason
Richardale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

If we stay at 14th pick, And CJ is still on the board we need to draft that kid as fast as we can. I think he'll stand a good chance at ROTY. Kid plays great D and O is like Damian Lillard. If jazz can get that kid and start him he'll be ROTY and jazz will make the top four in playoffs next year. You heard it here first that kid is gonna be great.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm a little hesitant to pick up anyone named CJ. Just sayin.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Who is CJ????

Dont tell me thats why you like him Richard....
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Who is CJ????

I think he wants us to draft Calgary Jazz.
Hell, I'd probably prefer Calgary running the point if it meant no more earl.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Who is CJ????

http://www.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2013/CJ-McCollum

Kid has game.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 am

Nice Highlights. Good hops, not a lot of passing in it, and not a real blazer, but I'd take him over Earl just for his youth alone. I liked the seperation he creates, pretty natural scorer. It's a kid like this the Jazz need to groom- especially if he has great character and motivation to get better.

I just feel impatient with grooming players right now. I want to get excited about the Jazz being in the mix to win the west, like NOW. Give me my ring NOW. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 am

I'm on board with this plan. Heck, the Jazz need so much help at the guard spot, why not take CJ with the first pick and Kabongo with the second? Let them battle it out with Burks for the starting spots. Make Watson a player development coach to bring these youg guys along and see how it goes.

More on McCollum....

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-McCollum-5860/

I've heard him drawing Damian Lillard comps.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 am

I think it has already been said, but the 2014 draft is looking stupid good right now. The universal consensus is that the crop of kids comming out of high school this year is one of the best in a while and several guys who would have been first round picks this year (Smart, McAdoo, and Cauley-Stein) are likely to come out then as well.

I would have no problem with the Jazz fully turning this team over to the young guys and telling them to sink or swim, especially if the free agent market is inflated this summer because of the lack of available talent. The worst that could happen would be a high draft pick and lots of money to spend in the summer of '14.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 am

TheMagnus wrote:
I'm on board with this plan. Heck, the Jazz need so much help at the guard spot, why not take CJ with the first pick and Kabongo with the second? Let them battle it out with Burks for the starting spots. Make Watson a player development coach to bring these youg guys along and see how it goes.

More on McCollum....

Somewhere I've read Jason Terry comparisons too.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 am

TheMagnus wrote:

More on McCollum....

McCollum is exactly who the ESPN 2013 Mock Lottery game has the Jazz picking. It has Burke going #3-6 (Orlando, NO or Sac usually picks him). Carter-Williams usualy #11 to the Thunder. Ugh, I didn't even realize the Thunder had that pick. The rich would just keep getting richer!

I ran the game about 30 times & never got the jazz to move into the top 3. They did pick MCollum every time except twice, when they picked Dario Saric.

I still think that, unless they can move up to get someone they REALLY want (maybe Burke?), then picking a PG with one pick & grabbing a Euro-stash with the other pick might be the best option. Although, Mag's idea of just drafting two PG's & hoping that one pans out isn't a bad idea either. I've been keeping track of Kabongo a little bit, and I still like him.

My favorite mock draft right now is from Bleacher Report; the Jazz take Carter-Williams. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

More on McCollum....

McCollum is exactly who the ESPN 2013 Mock Lottery game has the Jazz picking. It has Burke going #3-6 (Orlando, NO or Sac usually picks him). Carter-Williams usualy #11 to the Thunder. Ugh, I didn't even realize the Thunder had that pick. The rich would just keep getting richer!

I ran the game about 30 times & never got the jazz to move into the top 3. They did pick MCollum every time except twice, when they picked Dario Saric.

I still think that, unless they can move up to get someone they REALLY want (maybe Burke?), then picking a PG with one pick & grabbing a Euro-stash with the other pick might be the best option. Although, Mag's idea of just drafting two PG's & hoping that one pans out isn't a bad idea either. I've been keeping track of Kabongo a little bit, and I still like him.

First time I ran the sim the Jazz won the lotto and took Smart. Smart is off the board now, so I think the natural choice if they got a top 3 pick would be Mclemore. Even if they got the #1 I'd go with Mclemore, he's an amazing athlete who's also already a great shooter and has a high B-Ball IQ, he and Hayward would give opposing teams nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I want high pick~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want high pick~    I want high pick~ Empty

Back to top Go down

I want high pick~
Page 1 of 1