Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  2013 draft - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 draft

Go down 
+13
therawns
Drive"N"Kick
aliveandkickin
dongibby
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
Saint Louis
zero24gravity
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
rorybreaker
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

2013 draft - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:00 pm

dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Draft Lottery tonight.... I've got a really good feeling about this one!

2013 draft - Page 3 32625741

Looking at all of the players in the draft there might not be an all-star type guy in it but there are quality players that will be available deep into the second round, very deep draft this year could turn out to be a very good one for the Jazz.

I looked at all of the past lottery's and I seen that the Magic was able to get the 1st pick in the draft having the 11th worst record, that's the only team to do that with that kind of win loss record. The Jazz really has not had very good luck in the lottery so it would be Karma if they could some how pull off a top 3 pick.

Jazz moved up from like 7th to 3rd pick to get Enes couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Richardale wrote:
dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Looking at all of the players in the draft there might not be an all-star type guy in it but there are quality players that will be available deep into the second round, very deep draft this year could turn out to be a very good one for the Jazz.

I looked at all of the past lottery's and I seen that the Magic was able to get the 1st pick in the draft having the 11th worst record, that's the only team to do that with that kind of win loss record. The Jazz really has not had very good luck in the lottery so it would be Karma if they could some how pull off a top 3 pick.

Ya, that's right but they have never had the number 1 pick and the Jazz Karma should be at about it highest level ever so let things all come together and everything fall's in place for this to happen.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Some post combine mock draft info, including notable players that Jazz are forcasted to pass on:

Bleacher Report:
14. Shane Larkin (PG), 21. Gorgui Dieng (C)
Michael Carter-Williams #16 to BOS & Dennis Schroeder #23 to IND

Draft Express:
14. Dennis Schroeder (PG), 21. Tony Mitchell (PF), Myck Kabongo (PG) to UT in the 2nd round
Shane Larkin #23 to IND

CBS Sports:
14. Shane Larkin (PG), 21. Giannis Adetokundo (SF), Erik Murphy (PF) UT 2nd round
Dennis Schroeder #23 IND

NBA Draft.net:
14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG), Rudy Gobert (PF), Myck Kabongo (PG) 2nd round
Shane Larkin #22 to Brooklyn

Sports Beat Nation (lottery only):
14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG)

NBA Draft Room:
14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG), 21. Archie Goodwin (SG), BJ Young (G) 2nd round
Dennis Schroeder #16 BOS, Shane Larkin 2nd round

MyNBADraft:
14. Dennis Schroeder (PG), 21. Gorgui Dieng (C), Alex Abrines (SG) 2nd round
Shane Larkin #23 IND
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Some post combine mock draft info, including notable players that Jazz are forcasted to pass on:

Bleacher Report:
14. Shane Larkin (PG), 21. Gorgui Dieng (C)
Michael Carter-Williams #16 to BOS & Dennis Schroeder #23 to IND

Draft Express:
14. Dennis Schroeder (PG), 21. Tony Mitchell (PF), Myck Kabongo (PG) to UT in the 2nd round
Shane Larkin #23 to IND

CBS Sports:
14. Shane Larkin (PG), 21. Giannis Adetokundo (SF), Erik Murphy (PF) UT 2nd round
Dennis Schroeder #23 IND

NBA Draft.net:
14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG), Rudy Gobert (PF), Myck Kabongo (PG) 2nd round
Shane Larkin #22 to Brooklyn

Sports Beat Nation (lottery only):

14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG)

NBA Draft Room:
14. Michael Carter-Williams (PG), 21. Archie Goodwin (SG), BJ Young (G) 2nd round
Dennis Schroeder #16 BOS, Shane Larkin 2nd round

MyNBADraft:
14. Dennis Schroeder (PG), 21. Gorgui Dieng (C), Alex Abrines (SG) 2nd round
Shane Larkin #23 IND

Its hard for me to think none of those players will be in utah next year?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

dongibby wrote:
Richardale wrote:
dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Ya, that's right but they have never had the number 1 pick and the Jazz Karma should be at about it highest level ever so let things all come together and everything fall's in place for this to happen.

One in 200 they move up. Not very good odds. So what your're telling me is, we have a chance?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Nope.

Jazz pick 14.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Nope.

Jazz pick 14.

Dam well one can hope LOL

I think the Cav's will be looking to deal the #1 pick will be interesting to see how things work out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm

dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Nope.

Jazz pick 14.

Dam well one can hope LOL

I think the Cav's will be looking to deal the #1 pick will be interesting to see how things work out in the end.

I dont think #1 pick is much better than 10th. Lot of good players but none looking great.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

What it's looking like, is even if we stay at 14 we're going to have 3 really good PG prospects, 3 guys that look like starting quality PG's in this league with Larkin, Carter-Williams and Shroeder. Personally, and early on, I'm hoping we pull a Twolves and draft two of those PGs if they're available at 14 and 21. One will most likely show to be better than the other, but both seem like they're good enough at least to be a back up in the league. Young, but so are our other guys.
Then get a big at 46 and FA. Lets get to 2013/14!
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:18 pm

chad ford said muhammed at 14. Please no. From what I have read he has no heart. Athletic ability can only get you so far. He seems like a poor mans oj mayo, and im not a mayo fan.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

Some really interesting stuff in the Mock drafts today.

DraftExpress.com has the Jazz taking Schroeder (14) and Tony Mitchell(21) in the first and Kabongo (46) in the second. I really like that draft.

NBADraft.net has us getting Michael Carter-Williams (14) and Shane Larkin (21) in the first and Kobongo (46) in the second. What are we, the Minnesota Timberwolves?

As Mentioned earlier, Chad Ford has us with Muhammad (14) and Larkin (21) in the first round. I actually kind of like that draft, I think Muhammad would be a nice get at 14.

Over at CBS Sports they have two competing Mocks, Jeff Goodman has the Jazz taking Shane Larkin (14) and Archie Goodwin (21), and Matt Moore has the Jazz getting Mason Plumblee (14) and Alan Crabbe (21)

Be interesting to see what the Jazz do.

I would move up for Mclemore, Oladipo, Burke...and thats it, I don't think anybody else is worth moving up for, and the price would have to be right. If I was the Cavs I'd take McLemore over Noel.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:23 am

therawns wrote:
chad ford said muhammed at 14. Please no. From what I have read he has no heart. Athletic ability can only get you so far. He seems like a poor mans oj mayo, and im not a mayo fan.

Anyone that is involved in the stuff that he was, from his Dad on down, end up having off court issues as well once in the league. Lying about his age, not in that great of shape in college even.......no thanks. I'm with you, and luckily I'm 99% sure Shabazz will be gone before 10 even.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:34 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Some really interesting stuff in the Mock drafts today.

DraftExpress.com has the Jazz taking Schroeder (14) and Tony Mitchell(21) in the first and Kabongo (46) in the second. I really like that draft.

NBADraft.net has us getting Michael Carter-Williams (14) and Shane Larkin (21) in the first and Kobongo (46) in the second. What are we, the Minnesota Timberwolves?

As Mentioned earlier, Chad Ford has us with Muhammad (14) and Larkin (21) in the first round. I actually kind of like that draft, I think Muhammad would be a nice get at 14.

Over at CBS Sports they have two competing Mocks, Jeff Goodman has the Jazz taking Shane Larkin (14) and Archie Goodwin (21), and Matt Moore has the Jazz getting Mason Plumblee (14) and Alan Crabbe (21)

Be interesting to see what the Jazz do.

I would move up for Mclemore, Oladipo, Burke...and thats it, I don't think anybody else is worth moving up for, and the price would have to be right. If I was the Cavs I'd take McLemore over Noel.

I dont like drafting Shabazz or Goodwin. I think they're both talented, yet completely unreliable. Shabazz wasn't even in good shape in college which is a massive red flag for me. And Goodwin I think is coming out early simply because he has peaked and will only lose money if he waits and plays more. He's not ready, and IMO not talented enough anyway.

That DraftExpress draft I do like too. Sounds really good actually. Though the more I see of Larkin, the more and more I think he's going to be really really good. Haven't seen hardly anything of Shroeder.

Realistically, what NBAdraft.net is saying is actually true. We do need 3 pgs. But I dont think thats smart. I'd like to see two picked at 14 or 21, or do like Kabongo at 46 since he may be the most underrated at this point in the entire draft. Then keep Earl. Yea, Earl. Keep him as the 3rd PG, tell Tinsley thank you very much. I think Earl is a phenomenal mentor on both ends.

I agree with you completely on the Cavs. They need to move Waiters to the 6th man, and get Mclemore. Scary that Cleveland won again, and can add an elite prospect to Kyrie and Thompson. In the east, they'll make the playoffs next year.

I think Oladipo will be really really good, Mclemore too. But Burke is the only one I would move up for. I think we have really good players in the 2 spot, and although they'll MOST likely be good, we already have really good players that are getting better. Burke seems like as close to a guarantee as there is AND this team can fill a desperate need.

My ideal draft, is move up to get Burke, most likely lose those 1st round picks and so then go and draft Kabongo at 46. Starter and backup DONE, with Earl there to mentor both on PG skills and D. And two, how cool would it be to have a Burks/Burke backcourt?? Sweet.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:03 am

Mutangclan wrote:

I dont like drafting Shabazz or Goodwin. I think they're both talented, yet completely unreliable. Shabazz wasn't even in good shape in college which is a massive red flag for me. And Goodwin I think is coming out early simply because he has peaked and will only lose money if he waits and plays more. He's not ready, and IMO not talented enough anyway.

That DraftExpress draft I do like too. Sounds really good actually. Though the more I see of Larkin, the more and more I think he's going to be really really good. Haven't seen hardly anything of Shroeder.

Realistically, what NBAdraft.net is saying is actually true. We do need 3 pgs. But I dont think thats smart. I'd like to see two picked at 14 or 21, or do like Kabongo at 46 since he may be the most underrated at this point in the entire draft. Then keep Earl. Yea, Earl. Keep him as the 3rd PG, tell Tinsley thank you very much. I think Earl is a phenomenal mentor on both ends.

I agree with you completely on the Cavs. They need to move Waiters to the 6th man, and get Mclemore. Scary that Cleveland won again, and can add an elite prospect to Kyrie and Thompson. In the east, they'll make the playoffs next year.

I think Oladipo will be really really good, Mclemore too. But Burke is the only one I would move up for. I think we have really good players in the 2 spot, and although they'll MOST likely be good, we already have really good players that are getting better. Burke seems like as close to a guarantee as there is AND this team can fill a desperate need.

My ideal draft, is move up to get Burke, most likely lose those 1st round picks and so then go and draft Kabongo at 46. Starter and backup DONE, with Earl there to mentor both on PG skills and D. And two, how cool would it be to have a Burks/Burke backcourt?? Sweet.

If we are going to keep a vet for hte minimum that we expect to actually play PG then I'd keep Tinsley. No reason Watson can't stay on as a player development Coach, in fact I think the Jazz would be a little dumb not to keep him in that role if he's willing, but as a player he is done.

I actually wouldn't be surprised it they make a big short term offer to a guy like Calderone or Mo Williams, like 2 years 20 Million or something like that. I think Jazz management really believes that the best thing for young players development is making them compete for minutes, they've repeatedly signed vets for that purpose. Bringing in a young PG (or 2 or 3) and just handing them the keys isn't thier way. I think they are ready to let the C4 have a go at being the favorites with younger players/jouneymen challenging them because they've been competing for a few years now, so I don't think they will really feel the need to sign placeholders at the other 4 positions, but at PG I expect the Jazz to bring in a vet that they think could be a starter if the young guys don't really step up.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:15 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

If we are going to keep a vet for hte minimum that we expect to actually play PG then I'd keep Tinsley. No reason Watson can't stay on as a player development Coach, in fact I think the Jazz would be a little dumb not to keep him in that role if he's willing, but as a player he is done.

I actually wouldn't be surprised it they make a big short term offer to a guy like Calderone or Mo Williams, like 2 years 20 Million or something like that. I think Jazz management really believes that the best thing for young players development is making them compete for minutes, they've repeatedly signed vets for that purpose. Bringing in a young PG (or 2 or 3) and just handing them the keys isn't thier way. I think they are ready to let the C4 have a go at being the favorites with younger players/jouneymen challenging them because they've been competing for a few years now, so I don't think they will really feel the need to sign placeholders at the other 4 positions, but at PG I expect the Jazz to bring in a vet that they think could be a starter if the young guys don't really step up.

Yea, I dont expect our 3rd PG to play necessarily, though if it's possible to keep Tinsley as the emergency PG and Watson as the player development coach, then awesome.

I think you're right, that is the Jazz way and it's looking like we will have to spend money to make it to the minimum team salary. So that may be one of the biggest reasons, along with making the new young Pg work and compete. However, if the infamous Core 4 is finally going to be released, do we have an expectation of the playoffs? I'd have to say no, at least for next year. So why not do the Damian Lilliard, and get our starting PG in the game, with the rest of the current and future starters.

I'll say this. If Utah makes a massive splash, and moves up to get Burke, then I dont want to see a Calderon or Mo brought on. If we stay at 14 and 21, then I'd love to see Calderon grabbed for 2 years like you say and mentor/make the newb compete.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:18 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Yea, I dont expect our 3rd PG to play necessarily, though if it's possible to keep Tinsley as the emergency PG and Watson as the player development coach, then awesome.

I think you're right, that is the Jazz way and it's looking like we will have to spend money to make it to the minimum team salary. So that may be one of the biggest reasons, along with making the new young Pg work and compete. However, if the infamous Core 4 is finally going to be released, do we have an expectation of the playoffs? I'd have to say no, at least for next year. So why not do the Damian Lilliard, and get our starting PG in the game, with the rest of the current and future starters.

I'll say this. If Utah makes a massive splash, and moves up to get Burke, then I don't want to see a Calderon or Mo brought on. If we stay at 14 and 21, then I'd love to see Calderon grabbed for 2 years like you say and mentor/make the newb compete.

Ya, I agree with this but I think it will be easier to get the #1 pick than the 3rd, 4th or 5th where Burke should be drafted I know that the Magic are looking at him for sure and I don't see them giving up there shot at him not sure about the other team.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:30 am

OH, I see the Magic has the 2nd pick I thought they had he 4th pick I stopped watching after the Jazz stayed at 14th, maybe the Jazz trading up would be easier than I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Would Cleveland take Burks and the #14th pick plus change for the #1 (McLemore)? Who says we need to draft a PG at #14 anyway, especially if they could nail Calderone and pick up Larkin at #21?

Why do this if you are the Jazz? Because the Jazz's weakest position going into the draft is actually future studliness at the 2. Going forward GH is a natural 3, and with an adequate mid-career veteran at PG (Calderone or Mo) plus a young PG (Larkin) prospect the Jazz would be addressing the need for a SG to grow with the kids and getting a PG understudy, (which every PG in the draft really is as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure Larkin is any less a player than the PG's rated ahead of him at this point). I think Burks will be a decent player in the league but for some reason I don't see "almost a star" in him as he is the weakest link in the Core 4.

Why would Cleveland do this? McLemore is one of those rare potential #1 picks who no one is attaching the word "franchise player" to - its like he is a good bet but not automatic. In a stronger draft class he would likely be only a top 5 pick. My sense is Cleveland is ready to get better sooner than later to hold onto Irving and were ready to turn the corner before Varejao went down during an all-starish early season. Burks is no risk, young with upside who can start on that squad tomorrow and be a huge upgrade over Daniel Gibson and CJ Miles. Plus, at #14 they can still go after some other good talent to pair with the core of Kyrie, Varejao, Burks and Thompson. It's basically turning the #1 pick into 2 players. Suddenly Cleveland looks interesting again. As for change, the Jazz could dangle this and next year's 2nd rounders or cash.

Pipe dream, I know, but what y'all think? (I'm ready to take your flaming arrows now).
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:44 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Would Cleveland take Burks and the #14th pick plus change for the #1 (McLemore)? Who says we need to draft a PG at #14 anyway, especially if they could nail Calderone and pick up Larkin at #21?

Why do this if you are the Jazz? Because the Jazz's weakest position going into the draft is actually future studliness at the 2. Going forward GH is a natural 3, and with an adequate mid-career veteran at PG (Calderone or Mo) plus a young PG (Larkin) prospect the Jazz would be addressing the need for a SG to grow with the kids and getting a PG understudy, (which every PG in the draft really is as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure Larkin is any less a player than the PG's rated ahead of him at this point). I think Burks will be a decent player in the league but for some reason I don't see "almost a star" in him as he is the weakest link in the Core 4.

Why would Cleveland do this? McLemore is one of those rare potential #1 picks who no one is attaching the word "franchise player" to - its like he is a good bet but not automatic. In a stronger draft class he would likely be only a top 5 pick. My sense is Cleveland is ready to get better sooner than later to hold onto Irving and were ready to turn the corner before Varejao went down during an all-starish early season. Burks is no risk, young with upside who can start on that squad tomorrow and be a huge upgrade over Daniel Gibson and CJ Miles. Plus, at #14 they can still go after some other good talent to pair with the core of Kyrie, Varejao, Burks and Thompson. It's basically turning the #1 pick into 2 players. Suddenly Cleveland looks interesting again. As for change, the Jazz could dangle this and next year's 2nd rounders or cash.

Pipe dream, I know, but what y'all think? (I'm ready to take your flaming arrows now).

Here's the big issue though, Gordo is hands down a better two. He may be a bit bigger, but he can defend a 2 pretty well, can't defend the 3's very well, and can abuse opposing teams 2's.

So therein lies our problem. We want to have this core 4, but Burks and GH actually should be playing the same position, which I dont think was anticipated. Gordo isn't a very good 3 and much better 2, and Alec isn't that great a 1, and much better 2.

That said, if Fav and Kanter are the bigs, maybe Gordo can get by more often defending the 3's, with those two in the paint.

Oh, and I think Cleveland will get much much better offers.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Here's the big issue though, Gordo is hands down a better two. He may be a bit bigger, but he can defend a 2 pretty well, can't defend the 3's very well, and can abuse opposing teams 2's.

So therein lies our problem. We want to have this core 4, but Burks and GH actually should be playing the same position, which I dont think was anticipated. Gordo isn't a very good 3 and much better 2, and Alec isn't that great a 1, and much better 2.

That said, if Fav and Kanter are the bigs, maybe Gordo can get by more often defending the 3's, with those two in the paint.

Oh, and I think Cleveland will get much much better offers.

So, the Jazz can up the offer with little pain, eh?

I guess I'm not sold that GH is a better 2 than 3, I think he can make his living at the latter spot very well.

Wow! Nice f-crazy Pacers v Miami finish. Looks like a series and gotta say, Heat don't look automatic for another ring and yes, LJ will challenge MJ's clutch legacy. Go Spurs!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm

If you watched Gordo last year, when he was being defended by a 3, and trying to score on a 3, he really struggled over all. But the opposite was true when he was playing the 2. I mean, remember, Gordo has to guard the Lebron and Carmelo. When instead he could guard Wade.

Crazy finish in Miami, yea. Paul George is a superstar on both ends, what a player. Other thing I can't help but notice, is how balanced Indiana is. Utah could of had that same type of balance, complimenting each others skills. Instead of what Corbin did.....
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:47 am

Mutangclan wrote:

Crazy finish in Miami, yea. Paul George is a superstar on both ends, what a player. Other thing I can't help but notice, is how balanced Indiana is. Utah could of had that same type of balance, complimenting each others skills. Instead of what Corbin did.....

My recording ran out about ninety seconds in to the overtime. 2013 draft - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShsDoN4RCFIMI6WJVWS6Yi_aI8NjwPJ6ipm_Y9rzvoNvFLG0H-ig
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:12 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

My recording ran out about ninety seconds in to the overtime. 2013 draft - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShsDoN4RCFIMI6WJVWS6Yi_aI8NjwPJ6ipm_Y9rzvoNvFLG0H-ig

LMAO. Not just me!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm getting on the Schroeder bandwagon. Holy shitz, the kid is lightening fast and is pure PG. I know this sounds crazy but the last time I saw a foreign kid that age, or any rookie PG with with that much speed it was watching Tony Parker smoke the Jazz his rookie year in a pre-season game. Everyone was like, "who the hell is that guy anyway, who did he play for and how come I haven't heard of him"? I guarantee you if Schroeder had gained exposure in college ball he would be automatic Top 10 pick. Yeah, he is young, didn't jump as high as all the other guards, only weighs 165, but you can't teach that speed, his handle is awesome, already a great passer and has a huge wing span. If the Jazz could get this guy at #14 its a no-brainer. Pick Larkin at #21 as insurance. I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:52 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I'm getting on the Schroeder bandwagon. Holy shitz, the kid is lightening fast and is pure PG. I know this sounds crazy but the last time I saw a foreign kid that age, or any rookie PG with with that much speed it was watching Tony Parker smoke the Jazz his rookie year in a pre-season game. Everyone was like, "who the hell is that guy anyway, who did he play for and how come I haven't heard of him"? I guarantee you if Schroeder had gained exposure in college ball he would be automatic Top 10 pick. Yeah, he is young, didn't jump as high as all the other guards, only weighs 165, but you can't teach that speed, his handle is awesome, already a great passer and has a huge wing span. If the Jazz could get this guy at #14 its a no-brainer. Pick Larkin at #21 as insurance. I'm sold.

Totally agree with you. If this is the case, I'd also be ok with bringing on Calderon for a couple years, show them what he knows.
Also, looks like it's going to be totally do-able in the draft, and found this tidbit on our biggest need, and the liklihood of grabbing a good one:

There is no doubting that Michigan’s Trey Burke is the favorite to be the top point guard off the board, after he drops you can expect Syracuse’s Michael Carter-Williams to go and then possibly Dennis Schroeder from Germany, Shane Larkin from Miami and then Lehigh’s CJ McCollum in some order after the first two go.
The problem is who needs a point guard?
The Cavs hold the top overall pick, but Cleveland is set at point guard with Kyrie Irving.
Orlando could go point guard at #2, but that might not be where the Magic address their point guard need. They may opt for an impact guy like Ben McLemore or Victor Oladipo and see what is left in the second round or at the end of the first where they could trade their way into another pick.
The Washington Wizards hold the third pick, but they are also set at point guard with John Wall.
The Bobcats might ponder a Trey Burke with the #4, but don’t they already have that kind of player in Kemba Walker?
The Phoenix Suns at #5 have Goran Dragic and Kendal Marshall whom they drafted with a lottery pick last year. Are they adding another point guard to the roster? Unlikely.
The New Orleans Pelicans might look at point guard with the #6, but with Grevis Vasquez emerging last year would Burke really be a good fit? And who really knows what the end game will be with Eric Gordon.
The Sacramento Kings at #7 might be the first team to seriously look at point guard, but with Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette already on the roster would new ownership invest another lottery pick into a point guard? And who will be calling the shots on draft night?
The Detroit Pistons might be hard pressed to pass on Trey Burke at #8, but they invested a high level pick into Brandon Knight – are they giving up on Brandon already?
The Wolves at #9 have Ricky Rubio, they are unlikely to waste a top ten pick on a point guard, especially when two guard is one of their most pressing needs.
The Blazers at #10, have the rookie of the year in point guard Damian Lillard. The Blazers profess to want toughness and size, that’s not happening with a point guard.
The Philadelphia 76ers have an All-Star point guard in Jrue Holiday, while the Thunder at #12 have a multi-time All-Star in Russell Westrbook.
Dallas, at #13, might be the first team with a real need for a point guard which means it could be a long night for point guards if the draft order stays as it is, simply because the teams at the top don’t have a lot of need for a lottery pick point guard.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-4-0#3yEyohDEJ9Smtj7c.99
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 draft
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next