Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 Empty
PostSubject: This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013   This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 pm

There have been a lot of complaints about the new formatting of the Forum, and unfortunately it does not appear that there is anything that we can do about it.  

This is just the latest issue that we have had as a result of the fact that we really don't control this domain.

Romohlic and I talked about this a while back when we were talking about starting a blog, and I went ahead and set up a new forum on the Domain just to see if we could make it work.  

Well, it's all set up, and while we still have a few little changes to make, I think it will be a nice new home for JazzNation.  One where we won't have to worry about unexpected format changes, adware, offshore IP blocking, and some of the other issues we've had here.

http://forum.utahjazznation.com/  (forum.utahjazznation.com)

So lets start moving!  I'd recommend that everybody goes over as soon as they get a chance and set up an account and start playing around with things.  The next week is kind of a Beta test phase, so let me know if anything is broken or if you have any problems or suggestions.  That site is fully customize-able, so don't be afraid to throw out some suggestions if you think we can make it better.

The plan right now is to leave this board up so we can come back and see what we wrote, but to lock down all of the forums on the 23rd and basically make it an archive.  This site should stay up indefinitely, and if things go really bad on the new forum we can always come back here.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013   This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Well, kinda feel like a gypsy here but of course I'll move over as you guys are doing all the heavy lifting and making this thing fly and I suppose we can all start over as rookies again?  (Man, this new forum league is harsh, veteran, rookie, veteran, rookie) A huge thanks to all you guys for giving us refuge after TT anyway!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013   This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 pm

We are the TribTalk Nomads! Like sports Bedouins but with less camels' milk!

I hope the new site is stylin' like the blog. That's very professional looking.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013   This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm

This forum served its purpose, but It was never really going to be a permanent thing. We just lack enough control to be comfortable with it. It could go down tomorrow and because we control nothing except the running of the forum, there would be nothing we could do about it. This new home should be a permanent thing. In the long run it will be a much better forum for us.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013   This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

This Forum is Moving Effective June 23, 2013
Page 1 of 1