Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Hiking...... Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hiking......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aliveandkickin
Starter

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:11 am

List some of your favorite hiking spots. I'm always open to a new one - especially if it has a good payoff like a waterfall, or great view.

The Ogden waterfall hike is great. The waterfall is big in the early spring but smaller in the summer. Good exercise, about 40 mins to the waterfall. Parking is at the top of 29th street....may be top of 27th, straight up from Ogden Highs tennis courts.

Adams canyon- great workout, waterfall payoff, about 1 hr to the top, located in East Layton, killer workout.

Lake Mary - Parking at Brighton resort up big cottonwood canyon. Lake Mary is awesome when it's full, very pretty. The hike isn't too difficult- about 30-40 min from parking.

Ensign peak- North slc, easy hike, great view of slc, the capital, etc...

I'll list more later and maybe post a few pictures.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Sorry I don't have much to add in this thread. I hate hiking. I get why people like it though. Get away from the city, spend some time out in the wild. I just don't find it enjoyable at all. I love fishing though.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:44 pm

The one hike that I did that was super easy with a big payoff was Angels Landing in Zions, just amazing views.

I would also recommend pretty much any hike in Arches or Canyonlands. Just go to Moab, and hike in pretty much any direction and you are going to see some amazing stuff.

I also did some hiking in the Wind Rivers Range in Wyoming. That was really awesome, especially when you got into the really high country where you can drink the water straight from the rivers and each lake feels like it is on a different planet
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:21 am

Yeah, not a lot of ppl are keen on hiking. I was going to post some pics but then it said everyone would have access to my pics on the computer, o- well. Too bad though since some of them, imo, are great.
Magnus, seen some of the Moab ones. The biking around there is intense. I've yet to see Zions but will someday. The others sound great as well.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:54 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
I was going to post some pics but then it said everyone would have access to my pics on the computer, o- well.

it said?
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm

It doesn't seem to work. It said something like - if you send this then the web page can allow access to the clipboard. O- well, not a biggie.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:58 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
It doesn't seem to work. It said something like - if you send this then the web page can allow access to the clipboard. O- well, not a biggie.

You can get photobucket and upload the pictures you want to share on there.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
Yeah, not a lot of ppl are keen on hiking. I was going to post some pics but then it said everyone would have access to my pics on the computer, o- well. Too bad though since some of them, imo, are great.
Magnus, seen some of the Moab ones. The biking around there is intense. I've yet to see Zions but will someday. The others sound great as well.

Haven't seen Zions?? Heh. Angel's Landing is a hoot (not as easy as Mags makes it sound though...similar in length and verticality to Timpanogos Cave hike. Guess it depends on how fast you go). And hiking up the Narrows is my favorite thing of all time. First did it on acid 40 years ago...midweek, nobody else was there after the first mile or so. Now the bottom part is hella crowded, lotsa Euros. But an amazing high narrow canyon, unbelievable light filters down to it, no mud (sand), no bugs, no wind...quite an experience if you hike up to, and above, the Big Springs part. Emerald Pools is a nice short hike, but hot at mid-day (south-facing cliffs) and they don't let you swim in the top pool anymore dammit.

Also, Springdale is turning into quite the little artsy-fartsy Park City South, if you like that sort of thing. Went to the Zion Canyon Music Festival last year and it made for a great venue.

Got a great poster-quality picture when moseying down the Pa'russ Trail (just walking between the river and the road, not a real hike), but what's this weird "servimg" hosting service that comes up? It doesn't have a place (that I can find) to, you know, "join" their little service. WTF?
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 am

Figure it out Troll and post it. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Cecret Lake hike up the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon.

Saw a pair of moose up there, salamanders and such as.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiking...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiking......   Hiking...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiking......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: general-
Jump to: