Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  My Roommate works for Jazz PR  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Roommate works for Jazz PR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

My Roommate works for Jazz PR  Empty
PostSubject: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello, my new roommate is working for the Jazz PR staff. He's not an intern but a fully paid member of the staff. He deals with medias and the player's agents. He sees the players practice whenever they practice in Utah and he talks to the coaching staff and managements. He has the inside scoop on things. Let me know if you have any questions about the Jazz like why didn't Burks play last night.

I asked him that question last night and he says that Foye has been playing lights out in practice and is frankly outplaying Burks. But he also said Burks will get more playing time but Corbin wants to see how the new vets play in real game situation.

A little info about my new roommate. He worked as an intern for the Nuggets PR department last year. He saw the players practice regularly and was part of the drafting process. He knows why the Nuggets shipped Nene and traded for Iggy. He has shoes from 8 of the Nuggets players. He worked in the Vegas Summer league which caused the Jazz management to notice him thus offering him a job. He's not high up but he does hear and see things.

Ask away. I'm more than happy to have your questions answered.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
Hello, my new roommate is working for the Jazz PR staff. He's not an intern but a fully paid member of the staff. He deals with medias and the player's agents. He sees the players practice whenever they practice in Utah and he talks to the coaching staff and managements. He has the inside scoop on things. Let me know if you have any questions about the Jazz like why didn't Burks play last night.

I asked him that question last night and he says that Foye has been playing lights out in practice and is frankly outplaying Burks. But he also said Burks will get more playing time but Corbin wants to see how the new vets play in real game situation.

A little info about my new roommate. He worked as an intern for the Nuggets PR department last year. He saw the players practice regularly and was part of the drafting process. He knows why the Nuggets shipped Nene and traded for Iggy. He has shoes from 8 of the Nuggets players. He worked in the Vegas Summer league which caused the Jazz management to notice him thus offering him a job. He's not high up but he does hear and see things.

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig if you are a basketball junkie.

I'm wondering what the vibe is on extending or resigning the veterans, is there any feel for who the Jazz want to bring back and/or who they are planning on losing?

Not expecting your roomie to have any specific info, just looking for his feelings cause it's something that has been on my mind.
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

I'll ask him when he returns later tonight. An interesting tidbit: he heard rumors the Jazz are looking to trade for a star player. He mentioned Rudy Gay. The Jazz would give up Mo WIlliams, Alec Burks, and others to make the trade work. No mention of Millsap or Jefferson. Again, it's just a rumor. The organization is pursuing all avenues.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I reckon that deal could be put on hold for a while ...

Gay - Ma. Williams
Born 1986 - 1986
Height 6'8 - 6'9
Weight 230 - 245
Min 36.2. - 30.4
FG% 0.457. - 0.450
3P% 0.347. 0.330 (0.390 last season)
FT% 0.771. - 0.807
Pnts 18. - 11.6
Reb 5.7. - 5.3
Ast 1.9. - 1.3
Stl 1.3. - 0.8
Blk 0.9. - 0.4
TO 2.3. - 1.2

Considering Marvin played 6 less minutes per game, and was mostly a last resort with Atlanta on offense, those numbers strike me as being very similar! Suddenly the $7mil he's being paid doesnt look so bad does it?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Probably be a chicken shit move to deal Mo. They have been telling him how much they wanted him back and regretted lettin him go in the firs place. It might start to give them a rep as a shady organization for players in the future
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: Hush Hush   My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Magnus,
My roomie told me that the organization is so tight lip that even the head of the PR department has no idea what management will do with the Vets (jefferson and Millsap). Although he heard that the Jazz were in trade talks with OKC for Harden.
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:

WHY THE NUGGETS TRADED NENE?
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Leoverine wrote:
i[m]M.V.P. wrote:

WHY THE NUGGETS TRADED NENE?

According to my roomie: The Nuggets traded Nene because they believe Javale McGee will be a better center in the long run. Here's why. Nene is constantly injured, Nene is a cry baby, and McGee is more durable. McGee's maturity issues can be solved by an environment that expects hard work. Anything less, you're benched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Roommate works for Jazz PR    My Roommate works for Jazz PR  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Roommate works for Jazz PR
Page 1 of 1