Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2

Go down 
+4
rorybreaker
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
TheMagnus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  Empty
PostSubject: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Here's a palce for troll to talk to himself about the game.

Also, does anyone out there have the Online Only version of NBA LeaguePass? I'm looking at getting it but I'm not sure how good it is when you don't do it through a cable/satelite provider. If anybody has any experience I would appreciate it.

On to the game....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:59 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Here's a palce for troll to talk to himself about the game.

Also, does anyone out there have the Online Only version of NBA LeaguePass? I'm looking at getting it but I'm not sure how good it is when you don't do it through a cable/satelite provider. If anybody has any experience I would appreciate it.

On to the game....

Easy to nit-pick, but I really hate that Corbin always brings Favors in for Millsap. Tonight was a perfect example of when a little flexibility wouldn't hurt, the Hornets brought in Anderson and moved Davis over to Center, the Jazz brought in Favors on Anderson who immediately got open and buried a 3. Seems to me like in that situation leaving Millsap and putting him on Anderson, with Favors on Davis makes much more sense, especially with Jefferson not hitting his shots.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 pm

It's a little frustrating to have Burks ride the pine two games in a row. I don't know where I want his minutes to come from. Carrol? Tinsley? All I heard in preseason is how good he looked and now....nothing?
I don't profess to know more than Corbin, but it just seems a little odd.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
It's a little frustrating to have Burks ride the pine two games in a row. I don't know where I want his minutes to come from. Carrol? Tinsley? All I heard in preseason is how good he looked and now....nothing?

Foye is playing really well right now, so can't fault that, but it just feels to me like Corbin is a little to rigid with his substitution patters, especially this early in the season. He's basically got a set 10 man rotation and in the first two games has deviated little form what appears to be a written script. I can see why you would do something like that, but I'm not sure I like it, especially with this team at this point in the season.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Foye is playing really well right now, so can't fault that, but it just feels to me like Corbin is a little to rigid with his substitution patters, especially this early in the season. He's basically got a set 10 man rotation and in the first two games has deviated little form what appears to be a written script. I can see why you would do something like that, but I'm not sure I like it, especially with this team at this point in the season.

You're right, Foye is playing extremely well. I wouldn't give Burks a single minute of Foye's PT....at least not tonight.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Millsap=Mr. Big Shot
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Millsap=Mr. Big Shot

Can't get a stop so it's all for naught....

Tough loss.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:25 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Millsap=Mr. Big Shot

Tough loss.

Frustrating loss. These are the games you have to win. These are the ones that bite you on the ass at the end of the season when you're fighting for playoff positioning.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Millsap=Mr. Big Shot

Tough loss.

Frustrating loss. These are the games you have to win. These are the ones that bite you on the ass at the end of the season when you're fighting for playoff positioning.

Just moved so my Internet and cable won't be hooked up til Monday, so I'm not much use in breaking down stuff. I haven't even gotten to see a game so far, just listening on the radio
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Anybody know why with 7 seconds left, why not Favors in for Big Al on defense, maybe Carroll, Kantor?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:23 am

Looks like we picked up where we left off last season --- losing to NO on the road. Evil or Very Mad I know we are a better three point shooting team now, but 28 attempts seems way too many. Was that some kind of record for Jazz three point attempts? Don't we want to try to get more shots in the paint? (I am just looking at the stats; didn't see the game.)
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 am

- Hornets played solid transition D
- Jazz did not adapt well to half court game, did not atack the paint
- Coaching staff needs to set up plays for a team without a real PG; It will take some time
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:17 am

outerspacefan wrote:
- Coaching staff needs to set up plays for a team without a real PG; It will take some time

Agree with all of this.

Half court offense has been bad in both games this season.

I was very disappointed in Al vs the Hornets, both on offense and defense. Robin freaking Lopez kicked his tail

Foye was big, but not getting Burks in there to attack the rim was a travesty.

Gordon has to be a bigger part of the offense IMO

Millsap and Favors should have finished out that game, not Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

Agree with all of this.

Half court offense has been bad in both games this season.

I was very disappointed in Al vs the Hornets, both on offense and defense. Robin freaking Lopez kicked his tail

Foye was big, but not getting Burks in there to attack the rim was a travesty.

Gordon has to be a bigger part of the offense IMO

Millsap and Favors should have finished out that game, not Jefferson.

Great points, and biggest understatement of them all with that last one...

David Locke posted a video of the last two plays...

Jeffersons inability to cover any ground defensively was critical on both plays, and I can't help but think the game probably would have turned out differently if it was Favors challenging those shots.

How can situational substitutions not be part of Corbins playbook? Those two plays were screwed up by both the players and the coaches.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Brutal loss, but I can't say it was undeserved.

Horrible inside def. You can't let Robin Lopez get putbacks and layups like that, you have to win that position.

Also, don't step on Gordo's feet when he's covering the leagues' slowest PG. I've watched him play a lot and he doesn't just fall over without help.

Piss poor attack against the zone. I guess now that we have a chance at making threes, it's better than last year, but still not very good.

Not expecting Mo to be genius PG or anything but he should at least run the half-court as well as Devin "Not A Genius PG" Harris.

If it's just one game of 82, one of several we are going to look back and say we should have won, it's bearable. If that's how we're going to play all season, it's going to be ugly.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Truth is, the Jazz last 5 (Tinsley, Burks, Carroll, Evans, Kanter ) should have been able to handle a Gordon-less, Davis-less Hornets team. (Vasquez, Rivers, Aminu, Anderson, Lopez)

That was a very poor showing, and I am dying to see them back in action. It is early in the season, but I think they (players and coaches) have something to prove already.

No way they can be happy with themselves.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Truth is, the Jazz last 5 (Tinsley, Burks, Carroll, Evans, Kanter ) should have been able to handle a Gordon-less, Davis-less Hornets team. (Vasquez, Rivers, Aminu, Anderson, Lopez)

That was a very poor showing, and I am dying to see them back in action. It is early in the season, but I think they (players and coaches) have something to prove already.

No way they can be happy with themselves.

Certainly not after 2012 Playoffs redux in the first half at San Antonio. This little road trip should be a very nice wake-up call to the whole team, players and coaches, people need to step up their game.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am

The good news here Jazz fans is that the western conference is kind of a mess right now, everybody seems to have already had a "bad loss" and we are only a couple games into the season.

Portland is leading the northwest division, the Nuggets are 0-3 including a loss to Orlando, the Thunder are tied with the Jazz at 1-2 after losing to Atlanta at home, and the Timberwolves just lost to the Raptors.

Every thing is kind of topsy turvy right now, the only teams that I think really look the way people expected them to look are the Clippers and the Spurs, everybody else seems to be still figuring things out.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

TheMagnus wrote:
The good news here Jazz fans is that the western conference is kind of a mess right now, everybody seems to have already had a "bad loss" and we are only a couple games into the season.

Portland is leading the northwest division, the Nuggets are 0-3 including a loss to Orlando, the Thunder are tied with the Jazz at 1-2 after losing to Atlanta at home, and the Timberwolves just lost to the Raptors.

Every thing is kind of topsy turvy right now, the only teams that I think really look the way people expected them to look are the Clippers and the Spurs, everybody else seems to be still figuring things out.

There's validity to what you are saying, but there's a difference between "still figuring things out", and not running anything that resembles any kind of organized basketball, which is what the Jazz' offense has looked like so far. ("Hope I make this shot", isn't a style of basketball as far as I know.)

I haven't lost hope, it's way too early for that, but I hope they do figure it out soon, cause right now I'm pretty worried. ..... and generally speaking, I'm a pretty big optomist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2    Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz v. Hornets Nov. 2
Page 1 of 1