Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Memphis game 11/5 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Memphis game 11/5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Look at Corbin getting all creative on us.

unit on the to start the second quarter...

Foye
Burks
Evans
Favors
Kanter

...and so far it's not going real well...
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Foye
Burks
Evans
Favors
Kanter

Sure as shit something isn't working. Hope this is all about working out the wrinkles. Very surprised the Jazz are looking a little frenetic, weirdly coached.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 pm

They are underachieving for sure. I really thought they would start the season a lot better than they have.

It's funny they look dominate for stretches and then disappear for a quarter or two. Corbin better figure it out very soon though.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 am

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Foye
Burks
Evans
Favors
Kanter

Sure as shit something isn't working. Hope this is all about working out the wrinkles. Very surprised the Jazz are looking a little frenetic, weirdly coached.

I was surprised by that line-up as well. I'm happy to see Ty trying to figure out what might work (since the current line-ups aren't getting it done). However, that group seemed destined to fail IMO, not enough balance or experience. I do think that Burks needs to get a REAL shot at minutes & see how it goes. Almost looked like he was so desperate to make an impression, that he screwed things up.

Burks & Foye both looked bothered by the ball pressure when they handled the PG duties. Maybe that's why Ty has been playing Jamal. Mo can't play 39 minutes a game like he did yesterday, something needs to be done .... dare I say that Watson will end up taking over the #2 PG role if things continue????

"Very surprised the Jazz are looking a little frenetic, weirdly coached" ....... exactly!

On the positive side, Hayward looked good out there. Not just because his shot fell, but because he was attacking the rim & playing harder than he has the first few games. Hope that continues.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

Quote from the DesNews

Quote :

"When asked Tuesday if he was considering any changes in his starting lineup, Corbin had a simple answer: 'No.'"

guess that settles that.

Looks like he may continue to shorten the rotation in the second half though, which will mean even fewer minutes for Kanter and Burks.

I'd still like to see Burks play more in place of Carroll and/or Tinsley.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I didn't like the fact that Corbin threw Burks out there with such a crazy lineup; not creative at all if you ask me because everybody knows Evans can't play the 3 right now and Kanter has been really down.

Jerry used to do it... to throw guys he dislike in bad situations and lineups... but Ty's not Jerry.... he's just establishing himself and just don't have the stature of Jerry to start doing such things... I really don't like it....

Hope I'm wrong here.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
I didn't like the fact that Corbin threw Burks out there with such a crazy lineup; not creative at all if you ask me because everybody knows Evans can't play the 3 right now and Kanter has been really down.

Jerry used to do it... to throw guys he dislike in bad situations and lineups... but Ty's not Jerry.... he's just establishing himself and just don't have the stature of Jerry to start doing such things... I really don't like it....

Hope I'm wrong here.

Ya, agree on the "not creative" part. I'm not sure about the motives, but it looks to me like Corbin just said, "Burks and Evans deserve to play, Tinsley and Carroll haven't been awesome, so lets just switch them and see what happens?"

I mean, I support finding minutes for both of those guys, and I think that is really all Corbin was trying to do, but he admited he didn't really think it through.

As much as I love him, I just don't think there is any space in the rotation for Evans, anywhere. So he just needs to continue to be a good teamate and sit at the end of th ebench until injuries give him an opportunity to play.

Burks on the other hand, he not only deserves minutes, but there are places where he could really help the team if given opportunity. I think the #1 way is by moving Foye over to backup PG and sending Tinsley to the bench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Memphis game 11/5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis game 11/5   Memphis game 11/5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Memphis game 11/5
Page 1 of 1