Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally...the big 3

Go down 
+5
Richardale
Romoholic
TheMagnus
vryadli
The Voice of Reason
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Corbin does run the risk of burning bridges with some of the young guys. At some point he is going to need them and he needs to explain why he is going with other guys at this point. That is one of the things a lot of the players said about Corbin last year, his communication needed improvement. I would chalk it up to sour grapes from CJ and Bell, but even Hayward said it got better, meaning it wasn't good from the start.

Being a good coach is as much about handling players as it is Xs and Os. Kanter doesn't seem like a guy that would turn into a problem, but Burks on the other hand seems like he might. He has to keep these guys motivated until they get their shot. I'm kinda surprised that DC isn't getting more minutes as well.

Excellent point there Romo! I have had that same vibe about Corbin perhaps not communicating the reasons to stay motivated to guys like DC, Kanter and Burks when he isn't giving them any minutes or sparse ones only. How many times this short season have we seen Kanter come out and be hugely productive in 6-10 minutes and then sit on the bench for the rest of the game? Seriously, maybe a Burks/DC wing combination might just what the doctor ordered when Marvin and Foye don't show up (like every other game)? Early season ought to be all about tweaking the line-ups with every good player on the team, (minimum 10 guys on the team who have proven they deserve decent playing time) ought to get a chance to show how they can help the team out or for that matter, other teams if the Jazz aren't going to play them. I'm with V on this one, its critically important Corbin and staff get this right and soon with the young guys. "Happy to Be Here Evans" is an anomaly situation.

Funny thing is, Evans is the one guy out the the group (Burks, Kanter, DC) that pretty much always produces when he gets out there. He's an excelent short spurt, hit-em-while-their-not-looking player. He should be playing in most games as well, but in a very limited role.... come in, grab a board from half way across the court, block a jumpshot & dunk in in your face before the opposing coach can adjust. Once that adjustment is made, Jeremy goes back to the bench & gets ready for his next stint at Utah Jazz Five Minute Energy.

I think the minutes Kanter are getting now are fine. Enes is getting on the court during REAL game minutes every night. Most nights he's just been so-so, but Favors has been a monster & should get any extra "big" minutes that are available right now. (I say play Al less.)

Burks, I think, is the guy who needs to get a real chance to be in the rotation before Ty passes judgment on his usefullness. Right now when he gets in, he's obviously forcing things, trying to prove himself, instead of playing within the game. I think he's regressed because he hasn't had the chance to really play this year. I hope he gets a true opportunity soon, or he could turn into another waste of young talent. Alec brings things to the table skills that nobody else on the team has. There has to be a way to utilize him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Corbin does run the risk of burning bridges with some of the young guys. At some point he is going to need them and he needs to explain why he is going with other guys at this point. That is one of the things a lot of the players said about Corbin last year, his communication needed improvement. I would chalk it up to sour grapes from CJ and Bell, but even Hayward said it got better, meaning it wasn't good from the start.

Being a good coach is as much about handling players as it is Xs and Os. Kanter doesn't seem like a guy that would turn into a problem, but Burks on the other hand seems like he might. He has to keep these guys motivated until they get their shot. I'm kinda surprised that DC isn't getting more minutes as well.

Excellent point there Romo! I have had that same vibe about Corbin perhaps not communicating the reasons to stay motivated to guys like DC, Kanter and Burks when he isn't giving them any minutes or sparse ones only. How many times this short season have we seen Kanter come out and be hugely productive in 6-10 minutes and then sit on the bench for the rest of the game? Seriously, maybe a Burks/DC wing combination might just what the doctor ordered when Marvin and Foye don't show up (like every other game)? Early season ought to be all about tweaking the line-ups with every good player on the team, (minimum 10 guys on the team who have proven they deserve decent playing time) ought to get a chance to show how they can help the team out or for that matter, other teams if the Jazz aren't going to play them. I'm with V on this one, its critically important Corbin and staff get this right and soon with the young guys. "Happy to Be Here Evans" is an anomaly situation.

Funny thing is, Evans is the one guy out the the group (Burks, Kanter, DC) that pretty much always produces when he gets out there. He's an excelent short spurt, hit-em-while-their-not-looking player. He should be playing in most games as well, but in a very limited role.... come in, grab a board from half way across the court, block a jumpshot & dunk in in your face before the opposing coach can adjust. Once that adjustment is made, Jeremy goes back to the bench & gets ready for his next stint at Utah Jazz Five Minute Energy.

I think the minutes Kanter are getting now are fine. Enes is getting on the court during REAL game minutes every night. Most nights he's just been so-so, but Favors has been a monster & should get any extra "big" minutes that are available right now. (I say play Al less.)

Burks, I think, is the guy who needs to get a real chance to be in the rotation before Ty passes judgment on his usefullness. Right now when he gets in, he's obviously forcing things, trying to prove himself, instead of playing within the game. I think he's regressed because he hasn't had the chance to really play this year. I hope he gets a true opportunity soon, or he could turn into another waste of young talent. Alec brings things to the table skills that nobody else on the team has. There has to be a way to utilize him.

I tend to agree with you about Kanter. His minutes are about right. He is going to take longer to develop than Favors, because he hasn't played as much basketball. I think it's going to be next season before we see him be a real impact player for us. Burks on the other had can be that right now. As long as he is going out there and not playing within the team, he isn't going to get those minutes.

It's fine to say he needs minutes, but if he is out there costing us game it ain't going to happen. He needs to show Corbin what he can do in practice as well as the limited minutes. By saying show him, I don't mean put on a one man show, but show he can play team ball and play with a lot of hustle and aggression. I said show a lot in that paragraph cheers
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Right now Enes is ranked 10th in the league in RB's per 48. I agree, a tweaked way to look at it, but I don't think Enes has been subpar but also agree his impact days are still on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Romoholic wrote:
It's fine to say he needs minutes, but if he is out there costing us game it ain't going to happen. He needs to show Corbin what he can do in practice as well as the limited minutes. By saying show him, I don't mean put on a one man show, but show he can play team ball and play with a lot of hustle and aggression. I said show a lot in that paragraph cheers

I don't understand that "costing us game". Supposedly, now Utah has better players then last year. Can you please how Burks are costing us any game when he is virtually not playing and results so far are rather pityful even compared with last season. So far what see: no development, no wins. So we have worst of two combined (and I'd say such combiantion is "natural" - in the sense that I expect fsecon almost always coming from the first). The only good things - some strtches of good play from some palyers. I hope it is good for you!

I'm not so refined basketball and prefer good friendly non-harassment team chemistry when palyers compete not with each other for PT, but with other team for a wins... or/and/atLeast wins - and again it is natural combination - wins of overachiever flow from teamwork, when players are not considered llike scoring machines which can be tirned on and off according which is better playng this second (or for 2-3 last games).

I can IMAGINE that recuperation of Burk can cost us one-two games. And I hear about that a lot. But so far I didn't see that in reality. Did you? Which game it was? But I'm sure that in long run this approach "combination of todays-best palyers" vs "team like live body" will cost us WAY MORE LOSSES.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:42 pm

vryadli wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I don't understand that "costing us game". Supposedly, now Utah has better players then last year. Can you please how Burks are costing us any game when he is virtually not playing and results so far are rather pityful even compared with last season. So far what see: no development, no wins. So we have worst of two combined (and I'd say such combiantion is "natural" - in the sense that I expect fsecon almost always coming from the first). The only good things - some strtches of good play from some palyers. I hope it is good for you!

I'm not so refined basketball and prefer good friendly non-harassment team chemistry when palyers compete not with each other for PT, but with other team for a wins... or/and/atLeast wins - and again it is natural combination - wins of overachiever flow from teamwork, when players are not considered llike scoring machines which can be tirned on and off according which is better playng this second (or for 2-3 last games).

I can IMAGINE that recuperation of Burk can cost us one-two games. And I hear about that a lot. But so far I didn't see that in reality. Did you? Which game it was? But I'm sure that in long run this approach "combination of todays-best palyers" vs "team like live body" will cost us WAY MORE LOSSES.

I see what you are saying there, and I think we all want to see Burks play more, I know I do, I think All Romo was trying to say is that we don't really feel like it is the end of the world if he doesn't, as long as we are playing better and winning. For one thing, if Foye continues to play as well as he has, he may always be better than Burks. I know that's not a super popular position, but there is no guarantee that Burks ever turns into the player we think he could be. CJ Miles never did, Deshawn Stephenson never did, and heaven knows they had their chances.

So far Corbin has tried several lineups, and so far the rotation he is using now is looking the best. Unfortunately that rotation doesn't include Burks. I personally think that Burks should be getting Tinsley's minutes at a minimum, but I think that should come as a small tweak to the current rotation rather than another wholesale change to try something new.

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Richardale wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
I would like to see more of Jefferson, Millsap, and Favors on the court at the same time. In fact, I'd like to see the big 3 start and have Marvin Williams and Randy Foye lead the 2nd unit.
At any rate, I loved seeing them all play together tonight and I loved seeing Favors get big minutes & seeing him play productively in those minutes. Props to Corbin for getting a tiny bit creative with lineups to finally get the three bigs plenty of minutes

One of the best lineups the jazz have. I loved it last year and still love it this year. give me more Ty.
Big three is good. now mo pass first then take your shot if need be!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Richardale wrote:
Richardale wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
I would like to see more of Jefferson, Millsap, and Favors on the court at the same time. In fact, I'd like to see the big 3 start and have Marvin Williams and Randy Foye lead the 2nd unit.
At any rate, I loved seeing them all play together tonight and I loved seeing Favors get big minutes & seeing him play productively in those minutes. Props to Corbin for getting a tiny bit creative with lineups to finally get the three bigs plenty of minutes

One of the best lineups the jazz have. I loved it last year and still love it this year. give me more Ty.
Big three is good. now mo pass first then take your shot if need be!

Corbin starts the big three tonight with Foye, moving Hayward and Williams to the bench...and they play absolutely terrible.

Sigh....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm

IF the Starters continue to play like this after half, and any of them play more than 25 minutes, I will be posting a strongly worded critique of Corbins coaching tonight.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
IF the Starters continue to play like this after half, and any of them play more than 25 minutes, I will be posting a strongly worded critique of Corbins coaching tonight.

Just missed shots, Defence was great to start the game for the first time this year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Just missed shots, Defence was great to start the game for the first time this year.

The wizards are the worst offensive team in the NBA, they make everybody's defense look good.

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

The wizards are the worst offensive team in the NBA, they make everybody's defense look good.

lol, can't argue with that!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 am

Ditto on Burks getting Tinsleys minutes.
Start the big three tonight and every night. As said, it's their best defensive unit.
I want to see the pick and roll with Millsap. Big time.
I want Sap used more around the free throw line with cutters or screens down low between Jefferson and Favors...if no one pops open have Sap create from 15-18 feet.
The old school screens, psuedo-screens, counters to screens we used to see with Stockton and Horny were brilliant. That's professional strategies that produce an open shot every play- or mismatches.
I want a team to stay together for those reasons. When a team runs plays over and over they succeed but there has to be counters and take what the defense gives you... it's not that hard to do when you're playing ball together all the time.

Man I miss the simple plays. I still have faith in this team to make the playoffs because they usually play good defense. Just gotta tweak the offense and move without the ball since we don't have a traditional point guard.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

That was an offense? I've seen more sophisticated and structured offenses during church ball. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Same starting lineup vs Rockets; another coaching staff mistake No
Hope I'm wrong though...
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Hope I'm wrong though...

Where can one get starting lineup before game?
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm

vryadli wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
Hope I'm wrong though...

Where can one get starting lineup before game?

I read a note in the SLT or DN, can't remember right now Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 am

Pack it in, pack it in, let me begin...

The big three makes sense. More offensive rebounds. Millsap seals his little defender better than a window on the space shuttle. Also, big psychological advantage - opponents know they have to shoot outside or get clocked, bruised, mangled, and fear for their lives if they go to the rack.
Heck, just have a hottie with huge melons by the basketball standard to entice opponents to our style of play.
On offense, loved how Mo wasn't shot-happy against the Rockets. The big three will open-up shots for Mo and Foyer. BRILLIANT Corbin, keep it up.
Having Hayward and Marvin come off the bench, including DC for adjustments, is a trend I can live with... This makes sense when Tinsley is running the show. Just hope Tinsley keeps pushing the ball so it's not four-on-five when the defense gets set... play to their strengths baby, honeychild, poopsie, and corn bread with a cherry on top.

Mixing up the rotation makes me happier than a kid with a frog stapled to his face.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the big 3   Finally...the big 3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally...the big 3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2