Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Boston v. Utah , from the garden! Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boston v. Utah , from the garden!

Go down 
+4
Richardale
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
TheMagnus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Boston v. Utah , from the garden! Empty
PostSubject: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Nice first half. They are looking much better on both ends in terms of execution.

tinsley was getting torched by barbosa, would have liked to see burks in that situation, but overall I like what corbin is doing with the rotations.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:52 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Nice first half. They are looking much better on both ends in terms of execution.

tinsley was getting torched by barbosa, would have liked to see burks in that situation, but overall I like what corbin is doing with the rotations.

Are you really there?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Favors is getting to the line like a mad man. So far so good. You wearing your Jazz gear?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Like to see youth getting a little more time and in the first half the game at least. Gotta start learning on the job training, is the best way to go!This was why they gave Ty two more years on his contract so it would take off pressure off playing young guys i thought?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Richardale wrote:
Like to see youth getting a little more time and in the first half the game at least. Gotta start learning on the job training, is the best way to go!This was why they gave Ty two more years on his contract so it would take off pressure off playing young guys i thought?

Favors got a lot of minutes, Kanter seems to be the odd man out for some reason. He needs minutes more than anyone.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Favors got a lot of minutes, Kanter seems to be the odd man out for some reason. He needs minutes more than anyone.

Fav is a beast of a man! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Time to release the beast!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Time to release the beast!

This is why Kanter needs more minutes. He is losing the progress he made in pre season.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Are you really there?

Ya man, snd can you believe my wife dressed my son in green!?! We are going to have words when I get home...
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Are you really there?

Ya man, snd can you believe my wife dressed my son in green!?! We are going to have words when I get home...

Dude are you from Beantown?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm

MO needs to give the ball up to players making shoots! He looked like crap the last couple minutes!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Richardale wrote:
MO needs to give the ball up to players making shoots! He looked like crap the last couple minutes!

Yes, we fought our way back to even going inside to our big men. Al was really warming up late. Then we end the game by not letting Al or Millsap touch the ball at all, and with Mo taking and missing about four long range shots in a row? Oh yeah, Mo drove and missed one too, but WTF? I didn't like that at all. Seemed like we went completely away from what got us back to even for no other reason than Mo was on some kinda wannabe hero trip!!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Yes, we fought our way back to even going inside to our big men. Al was really warming up late. Then we end the game by not letting Al or Millsap touch the ball at all, and with Mo taking and missing about four long range shots in a row? Oh yeah, Mo drove and missed one too, but WTF? I didn't like that at all. Seemed like we went completely away from what got us back to even for no other reason than Mo was on some kinda wannabe hero trip!!

Yea hero trip would've worked with three more assists other than four more missed shoots. Inside with Al was the ticket for a win.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

I don't have a problem with Mo taking those shots. He's a gamer and wants to win the game. Let's not forget that Milsap missed and gimme that could have changed the game. Either way Al is our most clutch guy anymore. Good game though. I freaking HATE the Celtics and that fake tough guy Garnett makes me want to puke!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 am

Man, would love to see a game at the Garden.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 am

Romoholic wrote:
I don't have a problem with Mo taking those shots. He's a gamer and wants to win the game. Let's not forget that Milsap missed and gimme that could have changed the game. Either way Al is our most clutch guy anymore. Good game though. I freaking HATE the Celtics and that fake tough guy Garnett makes me want to puke!

That missed shot by Millsap killed me! It was intimidation by Garnett (you can't blame Garnet for that-- but, Garnett seemed to be getting away with a lot of fouls, letting him be more aggressive-- Garnett played it smart and Millsap missed an easy shot). I think the Jazz missed a big opportunity once Rondo went down.

Also, the Jazz missed opportunities at the end of quarters. The Jazz used to be excellent at closing out 2 for 1 end of the quarter scenarios. Under Sloan, the Jazz would be prepared before the game for this scenario-- they wouldn't need to take a time-out, they would just execute. (When this didn't work, Jazz fans would complain that we should have taken a time-out-- but, we were much more successful without the time-out.) Ty opted for a time-out, which proved ineffective. With all of the Jazz' new players, you can't really blame Ty-- but, in the old days, we would have played this situation differently and more effectively.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Romoholic wrote:

I don't have a problem with Mo taking shots, but 3 of the 4 of those were BAD shots that he didn't need to take. Completely agree with Crunchtime on this one .

It was awesome being at the game though, gives you a much better appreciation for how tough it can be to win on the road. Seeing a game in the Garden was one of those bucket list things, so glad I got the opportunity to do it.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am

TheMagnus wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Are you really there?

Dude are you from Beantown?

Na, just living in New England for a little while for work. Trying to take some opportunities to do some things tath I alwasy wanted to do but never had the money/time.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

That missed shot by Millsap killed me! It was intimidation by Garnett (you can't blame Garnet for that-- but, Garnett seemed to be getting away with a lot of fouls, letting him be more aggressive-- Garnett played it smart and Millsap missed an easy shot). I think the Jazz missed a big opportunity once Rondo went down.

Also, the Jazz missed opportunities at the end of quarters. The Jazz used to be excellent at closing out 2 for 1 end of the quarter scenarios. Under Sloan, the Jazz would be prepared before the game for this scenario-- they wouldn't need to take a time-out, they would just execute. (When this didn't work, Jazz fans would complain that we should have taken a time-out-- but, we were much more successful without the time-out.) Ty opted for a time-out, which proved ineffective. With all of the Jazz' new players, you can't really blame Ty-- but, in the old days, we would have played this situation differently and more effectively.

What you are talking about was really all about Derron Williams. He was the one who used to force those opportunities.

Mo Williams has been playing great, but in terms of pure PG skills and knowlege he's difinitely kind of behind the curve. It seems crazy to think he is still learning the PG position given he's 30 and entering his 10 season as a PG in the NBA, but he really is still learning to be a traditional PG. I mean if you look at his career, even though he's always been a PG, he's only actually played the traditional PG roll maybe 3 of those years, and in those three years his teams were basically terrible, so he's essentially never done it when it matters.

Overall though I like what I am seeing so far on this road trip. The Jazz seem to be settling down more offensively and executing better, they are finding their roles and looking more comfortable with eachother, and that is translating to better basketball.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 am

I only saw the 2nd half last night, but I will take it. No, I hate the loss, but having the ball with 35 seconds left down 1. Boston is a very good team, and on the road especially against a team like Boston, I want the game to come down to the final 2 minutes. I wil take my chances then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston v. Utah , from the garden!   Boston v. Utah , from the garden! Empty

Back to top Go down

Boston v. Utah , from the garden!
Page 1 of 1