Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Even Better Trad - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Even Better Trad

Go down 
+6
Professo_Sloan
MTJazz
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
B. Liberation
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Even Better Trad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 am

"Justin

Will Jazz get the upgrade at P.G thats so badly needed before trade deadling? I think Lowery could be a perfect fit?

Bill Ingram

I agree…and Bargs could bring back the Okur factor at center, right?
"
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-bill-ingram-012812/#kzAzfBF3xIqyRqaR.99
[u]
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 am

Here's to really hoping Utah jumps in as the third team with Memphis and Toronto. Widely reported that the Raps are going hard after Gay, but their offering Calderon/Lowry, Ed Davis and others for him. Memphis doesn't need a PF or a PG at all, so it's also being reported that a third team is trying to be found. I like when that happens, because usually the first two teams are so eager to get a deal done, that the 3rd team comes in and gets all sorts of goodies from those first two who are so eager.
Really sounds like a KOC job is coming.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

What does Callegen give the Jazz that fans don't already love to hate? Not that I'm against it but more that he's not a piece that brings enough championship hope. Seems more like a bad defender, skills lacking narative that gets under so many peoples skins.

With that said, acquire him now.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Here's to really hoping Utah jumps in as the third team with Memphis and Toronto. Widely reported that the Raps are going hard after Gay, but their offering Calderon/Lowry, Ed Davis and others for him. Memphis doesn't need a PF or a PG at all, so it's also being reported that a third team is trying to be found. I like when that happens, because usually the first two teams are so eager to get a deal done, that the 3rd team comes in and gets all sorts of goodies from those first two who are so eager.

This trade talk continues, lots of chatter about how both teams are driving hard for a third team to help them get the deal done.

This deal works...

Toronto gets Rudy Gay
Memphis gets Ed Davis and Marvin Williams
Utah gets Jose Calderon

That would give Memphis a solid replacement for Gay and a great young big, Utah gets a PG, Toronto gets Rudy Gay.

I actaully don't think anybody makes more sense as a 3rd party in this deal than Utah.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

This trade talk continues, lots of chatter about how both teams are driving hard for a third team to help them get the deal done.

This deal works...

Toronto gets Rudy Gay
Utah gets Jose Calderon

That would give Memphis a solid replacement for Gay and a great young big, Utah gets a PG, Toronto gets Rudy Gay.

I actaully don't think anybody makes more sense as a 3rd party in this deal than Utah.

So I guess Toronto move's Derozan to the 2 guard if this trade is made but I am not so sure that would be a good thing for Derozan but what do I know. They are also saying that Terrence Ross is untouchble, counting these two players Toronto has Landry Fields, Quincy Acy, Alan Anderson, Linas Kleiza & Mickael Pietrus that is 7 players at the SF position for the most part they are over loaded at that position don't Ya think. Gay is a nice player but I think the Rap's should look to fill other needs that will help make the team better going forward.

If the Jazz could get Calderon for Marv Williams they should jump all over it, that would be better than the trade I was thinking of witch was Mo and Marv Williams for Calderon & Bargnani, I know that Bargnani's contract is something that teams don't want to take on but I think he could be a Okur type player for the Jazz that would open up the paint by pulling the other teams big's out to guard him. This would also help make the Jazz a deeper team at the C/PF position's in case of an injure.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 am

dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

This deal works...

Toronto gets Rudy Gay
Utah gets Jose Calderon

So I guess Toronto move's Derozan to the 2 guard if this trade is made but I am not so sure that would be a good thing for Derozan but what do I know. They are also saying that Terrence Ross is untouchble, counting these two players Toronto has Landry Fields, Quincy Acy, Alan Anderson, Linas Kleiza & Mickael Pietrus that is 7 players at the SF position for the most part they are over loaded at that position don't Ya think. Gay is a nice player but I think the Rap's should look to fill other needs that will help make the team better going forward.

If the Jazz could get Calderon for Marv Williams they should jump all over it, that would be better than the trade I was thinking of witch was Mo and Marv Williams for Calderon & Bargnani, I know that Bargnani's contract is something that teams don't want to take on but I think he could be a Okur type player for the Jazz that would open up the paint by pulling the other teams big's out to guard him. This would also help make the Jazz a deeper team at the C/PF position's in case of an injure.

I'd be good with this trade, but from what I've read, the Raptors are more apt to move Lowry than Calderon. They are also only looking to make a move if they can rid themselves of Bargnani. I also read that the Grizzlies are no longer actively shopping Gay.

Of coarse, what is "read/said" and reality can often be two very different things, including the rumor that the Jazz are most likely to move Millsap.

So let's take all these things into account, called them truth & make a deal...

TOR gets: Gay & Mo Williams
MEM gets: Millsap & Fields
UT gets: Lowry & Bargnani
(I'd like to see Raja for A.Gray in there as well, but not sure it's necessary or wanted by TOR)

Toronto get's their guy (Gay) and the expring contract of Mo, who can also be a great 6th man for them when he gets back. They give up one of those wingsi (Fields), so they aren't overstocked, along with the 2 players they are trying to trade (Lowry & Bargs).

Memphis gets out from under Gay's contract. Between the "big line-up" option of Sap at SF, and Fields at SF, they won't miss Gay & they shouldn't lose a beat in their race to the WCF. Memphis only has 12 players under contract, so they can take a two-for-one.

Utah is trading Millsap, right? Well, if that's the case, then I would love to get a good PG like Lowry in return. Bargnani has usefullness, as long as it isn't more than 20MPG of "usefullness". He isn't worth the money, but if the Jazz need to take a short term bad contract in order to get a long term starting PG, then let's do it. Also, Barg's contract is up before the "core-four" need to be resigned, and if Al walks this summer there will still be plenty of $$ available. The Trade Machine says +3 for Utah, so it must be a good deal! tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

And then there's this ....

• Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.

Is there anything worth looking at on these three teams?

DWill back? Anyone? Very Happy Mo & Sap for DWill and a filler (Bogans) works.... Although I can't imagine Brooklyn giving up Deron at this point. Too much invested in him.

I'm not a big fan of Jennings (MIL), plus he's a UFA.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Looks like the Pistons were the ones to jump in and make this thing work....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8898673/sources-memphis-grizzlies-agree-principle-trade-rudy-gay-toronto-raptors

That's a shame, either Memphis wasn't interested in what the Jazz offered or the Jazz never offered.

I wonder if it is Bryan Colangelo's goal to assemble all of the NBA's worst contracts on to a singe team. How he hasn't been fired already is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8898673/sources-memphis-grizzlies-agree-principle-trade-rudy-gay-toronto-raptors

That's a shame, either Memphis wasn't interested in what the Jazz offered or the Jazz never offered.

I wonder if it is Bryan Colangelo's goal to assemble all of the NBA's worst contracts on to a singe team. How he hasn't been fired already is beyond me.

I'm surprised. Seems like they could have gotten more for Gay. I'm even more surprise that the Pistons are taking on Calderon. They already have Stuckey, Bynum and recent lottery pick, Knight.
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Quote :
I'm surprised. Seems like they could have gotten more for Gay. I'm even more surprise that the Pistons are taking on Calderon. They already have Stuckey, Bynum and recent lottery pick, Knight.

That's a bummer. I wanted Calderon. And Gay wouldn't have been bad. I haven't established it yet in here, but I'm a big Gay guy.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Ya, the Pistons surprised me to, but they were probably just looking to dump Prince more than anything, and if the Jazz did put Marvin on the table it is easy to see why the Grizzlies would go with this offer instead. Prince is as good as Marvin but cheaper and Day replenishes the depth they lost in their last trade with the Cavs and then comes off the books at the end of the year.

These deals the Grizz are making have John Hollingers fingerprints all over them, we'll see if painting by numbers is a viable strategy, or if it backfires. Because as much as I'm a numbers guy, I also recognize the value of chemistry and roles. Gay was like by his teammates, he was a good defender on a team with a defensive identity, and he was really the only volume shooter on the team, losing him could have serious unintended consequences....

That being said, I thought the Grizz absolutely killed this deal, just killed it, they raped Toronto and made them say thank you for the pleasure. Gay has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, he's really not any better than Gordon Hayward, in fact this year he's probably worse and Hayward is only getting better, but he's making over 16 million a year over the next 3 years. They not only unloaded that contract (plus about 4 million in salary this year and 10 million next) but they also brought in a solid veteran replacement in Prince, a decent young role player in Daye, the best player in the deal in Ed Davis, AND a second round pick. Seriously, Toronto is the worst run franchise in the NBA now that the Kings have been sold.

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Ya, the Pistons surprised me to, but they were probably just looking to dump Prince more than anything, and if the Jazz did put Marvin on the table it is easy to see why the Grizzlies would go with this offer instead. Prince is as good as Marvin but cheaper and Day replenishes the depth they lost in their last trade with the Cavs and then comes off the books at the end of the year.

These deals the Grizz are making have John Hollingers fingerprints all over them, we'll see if painting by numbers is a viable strategy, or if it backfires. Because as much as I'm a numbers guy, I also recognize the value of chemistry and roles. Gay was like by his teammates, he was a good defender on a team with a defensive identity, and he was really the only volume shooter on the team, losing him could have serious unintended consequences....

That being said, I thought the Grizz absolutely killed this deal, just killed it, they raped Toronto and made them say thank you for the pleasure. Gay has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, he's really not any better than Gordon Hayward, in fact this year he's probably worse and Hayward is only getting better, but he's making over 16 million a year over the next 3 years. They not only unloaded that contract (plus about 4 million in salary this year and 10 million next) but they also brought in a solid veteran replacement in Prince, a decent young role player in Daye, the best player in the deal in Ed Davis, AND a second round pick. Seriously, Toronto is the worst run franchise in the NBA now that the Kings have been sold.

Just part of the kings were sold so i still think they may be worstest?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:07 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

That being said, I thought the Grizz absolutely killed this deal, just killed it, they raped Toronto and made them say thank you for the pleasure. Gay has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, he's really not any better than Gordon Hayward, in fact this year he's probably worse and Hayward is only getting better, but he's making over 16 million a year over the next 3 years.

Thank you for sharing that. Gay is in the echelon of really really overpaid NBA players. Yes, he is a really good player you want on your team. But seriously, 17 pts and 6 rbs for $17 Million per for the next 2.5 years? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

thejazzkickazz wrote:

Quote :

That's a bummer. I wanted Calderon. And Gay wouldn't have been bad. I haven't established it yet in here, but I'm a big Gay guy.

Hah, appreciate the coming out party JKA......haha.

What a shame, what a shame. Doesn't really even make sense for Detroit....and maybe Memphis wanted younger talent, but I sure think Marv over Daye would have been better.
With that lottery pick available too, my guess is Utah didn't get involved. What a freaking shame.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:

Quote :

Not that there's anything wrong with that. /Compulsive Obvious Post Syndrome
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Joe Dumars and Mystery of the Missing Wing   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Seriously, there were a lot of teams Calderone could've gone to that he might have helped more. Or maybe not. Maybe Dumars is having a "vision". Dumars has withheld his brilliance, been so miserly in dispensing 'savvy', over the last decade or so, maybe he's got a lot saved up.

Maybe there's a plan there-he has 3 players who have pretty much struck out at being winning point guards (Stuckey, Bynum, Knight) and one who is actually pretty damn good at it. He's got a skill PG/C in Monroe and a beast rebounder/defender in Drummond (he may be a redeeming steal in last year's draft). And now a distributing PG. They'd need a scoring wing (like, ohhh...Rudy Gay) and play Stuckey at SG (he's 6'5"). Depending on the quality of wing/SF they can pull, that's not a bad team at all, especially in the East.

So...the Missing Wing. They'd trade Knight or Stuckey or Bynum, but wouldn't get a better player than, say, Tayshaun Prince (who is actually available). But Prince wasn't the guy that was going to make this a good team, a "three-injuries-and-a-hot-streak-away-from-the-ECF" team. Somebody better than Prince. They don't have assets to trade for such a player.

That leaves a) shot-in-the-dark trade for a high draft choice and delaying the whole project b) obtain a better, established SF via free agency. Now, I'm too lazy to assess all the possibilities there, but Dumars is paid a lot of money to have someone do it for him, so there may actually be a plan to make the Pistons relevant again. We'll see.

If I were Calderone, I'd rather be on the Jazz or Lakers. He'd make either team better and I think his play would only get stronger.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Seriously, there were a lot of teams Calderone could've gone to that he might have helped more. Or maybe not. Maybe Dumars is having a "vision". Dumars has withheld his brilliance, been so miserly in dispensing 'savvy', over the last decade or so, maybe he's got a lot saved up.

Maybe there's a plan there-he has 3 players who have pretty much struck out at being winning point guards (Stuckey, Bynum, Knight) and one who is actually pretty damn good at it. He's got a skill PG/C in Monroe and a beast rebounder/defender in Drummond (he may be a redeeming steal in last year's draft). And now a distributing PG. They'd need a scoring wing (like, ohhh...Rudy Gay) and play Stuckey at SG (he's 6'5"). Depending on the quality of wing/SF they can pull, that's not a bad team at all, especially in the East.

So...the Missing Wing. They'd trade Knight or Stuckey or Bynum, but wouldn't get a better player than, say, Tayshaun Prince (who is actually available). But Prince wasn't the guy that was going to make this a good team, a "three-injuries-and-a-hot-streak-away-from-the-ECF" team. Somebody better than Prince. They don't have assets to trade for such a player.

That leaves a) shot-in-the-dark trade for a high draft choice and delaying the whole project b) obtain a better, established SF via free agency. Now, I'm too lazy to assess all the possibilities there, but Dumars is paid a lot of money to have someone do it for him, so there may actually be a plan to make the Pistons relevant again. We'll see.

If I were Calderone, I'd rather be on the Jazz or Lakers. He'd make either team better and I think his play would only get stronger.

Seeing that Calderon is a UFA, it's always possible that this was a pure salary dump and they plan on just letting Jose walk at the end of the season. I can't imagine they've already given up on Knight being their future PG, considering how high he was drafted & how young he is. Giving up Daye, just to dump Prince's salary seems like a steep price to pay, but maybe they had been given the impression that Daye (also a FA at the end of the year) was not going to resign.

It's too bad for Jazz fans that this went down, because Calderon/Lowry were really the only high quality PG's available to be had as far as I know. Add that to the Rondo injury, and it appears the Jazz will finish the season with Tinsley as the man running the show for most of the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Seeing that Calderon is a UFA, it's always possible that this was a pure salary dump and they plan on just letting Jose walk at the end of the season. I can't imagine they've already given up on Knight being their future PG, considering how high he was drafted & how young he is. Giving up Daye, just to dump Prince's salary seems like a steep price to pay, but maybe they had been given the impression that Daye (also a FA at the end of the year) was not going to resign.

It's too bad for Jazz fans that this went down, because Calderon/Lowry were really the only high quality PG's available to be had as far as I know. Add that to the Rondo injury, and it appears the Jazz will finish the season with Tinsley as the man running the show for most of the remainder of the season.

They were definitely the best, but I'm still holding out hope that maybe the Kings or Suns will be looking to deal around the trade deadline.

Not sure what good my hope is though, I get the distinct feeling that the Jazz are in no hurry to upgrade anything right now.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Salary dump. Calderon is still available.

TheMagnus wrote:
Ya, the Pistons surprised me to, but they were probably just looking to dump Prince more than anything, and if the Jazz did put Marvin on the table it is easy to see why the Grizzlies would go with this offer instead. Prince is as good as Marvin but cheaper ...

Prince is old and has one more year on his deal. Plus Marvin's option to term contract hunt this summer. Plus he's a great defender.

TheMagnus wrote:

Great comment. They're also under new ownership that's most likely looking for return on investment though. Hollinger might not have had anything to do with this.

Trollificus wrote:

Marvin offers everything positive on the defensive end that Gay does without the offensive negative and contract overload. Dump Tayshawn's contract for an expiring trade chip with hopes of making another move makes the most sense out of this overloaded point guard scenario to me. This is a really good move by Deet.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am

Professo_Sloan wrote:

TheMagnus wrote:
Ya, the Pistons surprised me to, but they were probably just looking to dump Prince more than anything, and if the Jazz did put Marvin on the table it is easy to see why the Grizzlies would go with this offer instead. Prince is as good as Marvin but cheaper ...

Prince is old and has one more year on his deal. Plus Marvin's option to term contract hunt this summer. Plus he's a great defender.

Prince actually has 3 years (including this year) at near 7 million per. I can see why Detroit didn't want to pay him that, especially as a rebuilding team, but Memphis will now be on the hook (baring another trade) for that 3 years. Not as bad as the Gay contract thought, so that is a positive for them.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:10 am

Oh man, how sweet would this be.......makes sense for the Twolves too.

ESPN 1500 reports that a potential trade sending Luke Ridnour to the Jazz would likely include disgruntled veteran Raja Bell.
Bell has been exiled by the Jazz all season, and although the two sides were believed to be negotiating a buyout, there have been no reports of progress between the two sides. Bell would give the Timberwolves help at shooting guard, and it wouldn't surprise us to see Minny move one of its spare point guards with all of the injuries the team has incurred this year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

What about Andre Miller?

Quote :

Andre Miller is playing in his 13th season in the NBA and the veteran point guard wants to play 15. Miller is currently the backup to starter Ty Lawson and he doesn't sound too thrilled with his role on the Nuggets.

“I want more minutes,” Miller told the Colorado Springs Gazette. “If we were losing I would really be complaining. But it’s going as it goes. ... I don't know how much longer they want me here. I definitely would like to contribute more. I’m not just going to sit back and settle in and be a backup and let my career just fade away. I’m competitive in that way.”

Miller re-signed with the Nuggets in September and his contract runs through 2014-15. He's set to make $5 million in 2013-14 and the last season has $2 million of salary protection of the $4.65 million cap number.

Miller could ask for a trade, however most teams view him as a backup. As a result Miller will likely finish up his final two years as a player with the Nuggets.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/

Miller would be freaking sweet as a place holder while we find a long term solution.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:29 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
What about Andre Miller?

Quote :

Andre Miller is playing in his 13th season in the NBA and the veteran point guard wants to play 15. Miller is currently the backup to starter Ty Lawson and he doesn't sound too thrilled with his role on the Nuggets.

“I want more minutes,” Miller told the Colorado Springs Gazette. “If we were losing I would really be complaining. But it’s going as it goes. ... I don't know how much longer they want me here. I definitely would like to contribute more. I’m not just going to sit back and settle in and be a backup and let my career just fade away. I’m competitive in that way.”

Miller re-signed with the Nuggets in September and his contract runs through 2014-15. He's set to make $5 million in 2013-14 and the last season has $2 million of salary protection of the $4.65 million cap number.

Miller could ask for a trade, however most teams view him as a backup. As a result Miller will likely finish up his final two years as a player with the Nuggets.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/

Miller would be freaking sweet as a place holder while we find a long term solution.

I'd much rather have Ridnour. Overall better player imo. Andre slightly better passer.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

They were definitely the best, but I'm still holding out hope that maybe the Kings or Suns will be looking to deal around the trade deadline.

Not sure what good my hope is though, I get the distinct feeling that the Jazz are in no hurry to upgrade anything right now.

Ya, I would like to see the Jazz make a move to get Jimmer here a trade of Marv Williams and E Watson for Jimmer and Salmons would work I think. Salmons when on the right team can really be a good player and I think the Jazz would be one of those teams along with Jimmer who could be groomed for the future.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Oh man, how sweet would this be.......makes sense for the Twolves too.

ESPN 1500 reports that a potential trade sending Luke Ridnour to the Jazz would likely include disgruntled veteran Raja Bell.
Bell has been exiled by the Jazz all season, and although the two sides were believed to be negotiating a buyout, there have been no reports of progress between the two sides. Bell would give the Timberwolves help at shooting guard, and it wouldn't surprise us to see Minny move one of its spare point guards with all of the injuries the team has incurred this year.

I only heard it, so I can't provide a written source.... but my understanding was that Burks is connected to this rumor. Even though I like Ridnour's game, I'm not really wanting to give up on Burks just to get another decent, but not that great PG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even Better Trad   Even Better Trad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Even Better Trad
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: